Harry Reid calls on NFL to pressure Snyder on Redskins name

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I meant "as a general rule".

I get that part. During government sponsored sexual harassment training they emphasis how it's the receiver's interpretation of the comment that either makes it harassment or not harassment. So you could say to someone of the opposite gender, "Nice weather out today". And if they felt the remark was harassment could make a claim with HR.

Snyder should just change the logo to a peanut and be done with it. But keep the name.

mamatutu

mama to two
I thought Harry Greed had more important things to do; like tracking down law abiding conservative Republican terrorists, making sure his son gets a job he is not qualified for, saving turtles, and, oh so, many other worthy causes. The poor man is very busy. How does he have time to worry about a 82 year old football team name? Isn't Harry wonderful! He is almost as old as the team!

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
no chance. i'm a season ticket holder and i know its just a matter of time, not to mention the right thing to do. that is also the concensus among the folks i tailgate with. The only thing that might change my mind is if they pick a really stupid name like the wizards to replace redskins.

No surprise here. :rolleyes:

PsyOps

Pixelated
The right thing usually isnt a surprise, its obvious even when you refuse to accept it :thumbsup:

The right thing is for a business to conduct its business in a manner THE OWNER sees fit. Not you, and especially not the government. The government sticking their nose in it is way beyond their mandate and way out of line. Snyder aims to lose more than gain by cowering to political pressure and political correctness.

Midnightrider

The right thing is for a business to conduct its business in a manner THE OWNER sees fit. Not you, and especially not the government. The government sticking their nose in it is way beyond their mandate and way out of line. Snyder aims to lose more than gain by cowering to political pressure and political correctness.

as larry correctly said earlier, Snyder will do this, andhe will do it when it makes the most business sense for him to do it. Snyder isn't going to lose anything, the waiting list for season tickets is full, plus most fans wouldn't have a problem with the change, win lose, draw or name change we are still redskins fans

PsyOps

Pixelated
as larry correctly said earlier, Snyder will do this, andhe will do it when it makes the most business sense for him to do it. Snyder isn't going to lose anything, the waiting list for season tickets is full, plus most fans wouldn't have a problem with the change, win lose, draw or name change we are still redskins fans

I agree... Snyder will cave. He's a weak, snarky, loser for an owner.

This so-called 'waiting list' you talk about only exists in the current conditions - which the name is still 'Redskins'.

How in the hell can you call yourself a Redskin fan if you support a name change? Change the name to the Washington Spuds, if you support this, you are now a Spud fan.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
The bottom line for me is this team, with this owner lost me a couple of years ago. I no longer buy their stuff and will not buy tickets to their games. Snyder has destroyed this team and any incentive to produce a winning team.

What's worse is Reid and our government feeling this is something they feel a need to stick their noses in. Just another example of runaway government and no bounds to exercising their power.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The bottom line for me is this team, with this owner lost me a couple of years ago. I no longer buy their stuff and will not buy tickets to their games. Snyder has destroyed this team and any incentive to produce a winning team.

Consider looking at this as you and me and people with our history with the team, as getting a chance for closure, to have a funeral and put the Redskins to rest and, in the process, free the team, and ourselves, from Snyder.

If we agree the team can never be THE Washington Redskins again, under his ownership, and I think we do, this is the best thing for us, really. Even if he sold, that era is gone, that age is gone and the league has changed so much that it is impossible, were a young Jack Kent Cooke to come along and hire a young Bobby Beathard and a young Joe Gibbs, that era is gone.

Imagine being a Pat's or Steelers fans or Raven's or Giant's. Even for them, the consistently good teams, that era is gone. Turnover, free agency, the player/coach relationship, the Redskins you and I loved are dead and gone and have been for some time.

Time to let them go.

Washington Redskins

1937-2014

Rest in Peace

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Especially them.

Won't happen, of course - but I'd still like to see it.

"We, the good people of Nevada, hereby pass this resolution telling ourselves to go #### ourselves.."

:lol:

You know, now that I think about it, that DOES make the point...you're onto something!!!