• Love them both

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • Hate them both

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
In a recent casual conversation, someone said they hate the Beatles.

Hate them.

Yet, they love Elvis. Now, I'm not the worlds biggest Beatles fan, but, they are one of the absolute legends of pop music and have written some of the best songs, ever. EVER.

I am not much of an Elvis fan however, like the Beatles, there's a bunch of songs you just can't deny or dismiss.

So, to me, this is yet another sign of the apocalypse; you can't HATE the Beatles. And you REALLY can't hate them if you love Elvis. Metaphysically impossible.

So, to keep this functional, I don't care about levels or degrees of 'like' or 'dislike', I'm looking for opinions on 'love' and 'hate' as regards these two icons of our world.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I wouldn't say I hate Elvis but between him and the Beatles, to me, it is no contest.

Beatles in a landslide over Elvis.

PsyOps

Pixelated
They both changed the landscape of music and our pop culture. Musically it's a great thing. Culturally I think it's been a bad thing in many ways. Either way I like their music in the smallest sort of way; sort of like how I like Michael Jackson's music or Madonna. I can only tolerate it for a short period of time.

Pete

Repete
Like Elvis, dislike The Beatles to the point I will change the station or turn it down.

Vince

Listen to them both. Love the Beatles Abbey Road album. Might still have the old record somewhere.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I wouldn't say I hate Elvis but between him and the Beatles, to me, it is no contest.

Beatles in a landslide over Elvis.

I hear happiness is a warm gun :shrug:

I have love the Bealtes since I can remember. I go both ways. Love them both but I didn't love Elvis until I was about 16.

Last edited:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Elvis is ghey. Love the Beatles.

I wanna' hold your ha-a-a-a-aaand, I wanna' hold your hand.

M

Mousebaby

I hate the Beatles but Adore Elvis! :drool: (when he was younger)