Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Love them both

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • Hate them both

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sommpd

I don't hate Elvis, but you didn't give the choice of "Don't care about Elvis". I do love the Beatles though.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Love the Beatles; don't really hate Elvis, but don't really give a flip to listen to him either.

RaspberryBeret

Protected By Trunk Monkey
I don't HATE either one of them but I can't say I go out of my way to listen to them either. I think there are good and bad songs with both.

I do think that Paul and Ringo are both egotistical azzholes - JMO!

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I don't hate Elvis, but you didn't give the choice of "Don't care about Elvis". I do love the Beatles though.

...yes I did. I was pretty clear about it;

So, to keep this functional, I don't care about levels or degrees of 'like' or 'dislike', I'm looking for opinions on 'love' and 'hate' as regards these two icons of our world.

It's an extreme poll about love and hate, not myriad different levels of like/kinda/like/so-so and so forth.

:buddies:

Vince

Really loved them both. Both have given me memories in parts of my life that I don't want to forget.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I like them both but neither would be my first choice when listening to music. :shrug:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
In a recent casual conversation, someone said they hate the Beatles.

Hate them.

Yet, they love Elvis. Now, I'm not the worlds biggest Beatles fan, but, they are one of the absolute legends of pop music and have written some of the best songs, ever. EVER.

I am not much of an Elvis fan however, like the Beatles, there's a bunch of songs you just can't deny or dismiss.

So, to me, this is yet another sign of the apocalypse; you can't HATE the Beatles. And you REALLY can't hate them if you love Elvis. Metaphysically impossible.

So, to keep this functional, I don't care about levels or degrees of 'like' or 'dislike', I'm looking for opinions on 'love' and 'hate' as regards these two icons of our world.

LOVE them both!!

bcp

In My Opinion
didnt much care for elvis, would not classify it as hate.

liked some Beatles, but not enough to buy their albums (thats what they were called back then.. big plastic black cd shaped things that created sound by dragging a needle over its surface)
but again, I certainly would not classify my appreciation for them as hate.

hate is strong word.

Devo

West Philadelphia Raised
they are one of the absolute legends of pop music...

This is an absolute truth. Ask any music historian and they will tell you that The Beatles are legends in the music industry due to their influence over so much in the modern music world. Which leads me to my next point...

and have written some of the best songs, ever. EVER.
This is arguable. This is your opinion, and an opinion of many others, but you can not quantify it as a fact. While I am not a big fan of The Beatles, I will not deny the fact that they have had the bigest influence on most musicians today. And while you may think some of their music is "the greatest of all time" it is an opinion and everyone is allowed to disagree if they so choose. These things were discussed at great lengths during my rock history class.

So, to me, this is yet another sign of the apocalypse; you can't HATE the Beatles. And you REALLY can't hate them if you love Elvis. Metaphysically impossible.
Again...you can love/hate whom ever you choose. But there is no denying the fact that Elvis and The Beatles have had a major impact on the music world of today.

Im impartial to both.

also...
hate is strong word.
very true, but so is love. they both convey a strong feeling towards something. the opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference....think about it. ;) (sorry for the side comment)

Last edited:

thurley42

HY;FR
Hate the Beatles...Love the King

yet i'm not dumb enough to deny the profound effect of the Beatles on culture.