Haul out, scrape, paint?

TurboK9

Next boat question for you learned locals! :)

I really need to get the sailboat hauled out, scaped, and a new layer of bottom paint splashed on. I have no trailer for her, so I'm going to have to spring to at least have her dirt napped for a week or two. Who's cheap? I wouldn't mind paying someone for the scrape / paint too, if reasonable... but am also willing to do it myself if needed. Not looking for long term dry storage, she winters fine in the water. Just a haul out for long enough to get her cleaned of and painted.

Agee

Next boat question for you learned locals! :)

I really need to get the sailboat hauled out, scaped, and a new layer of bottom paint splashed on. I have no trailer for her, so I'm going to have to spring to at least have her dirt napped for a week or two. Who's cheap? I wouldn't mind paying someone for the scrape / paint too, if reasonable... but am also willing to do it myself if needed. Not looking for long term dry storage, she winters fine in the water. Just a haul out for long enough to get her cleaned of and painted.

Where is the baot now? On Solomons there is Calvert and Spring Cove Marina which are probably going to be the least expensive. Zhanhisers is very good, but a bit more pricey.

If you wnat to just have the bottom cleaned and can wait on the paint, a "short haul", where they leave the boat on the lift and power wash and scape then back in the water. This would save you some coin

I used to beach the boat at high tide and when the tide went out, clean and paint one side. I'd get the other side at the next tide change.

TurboK9

Another 3 reasons to own a Motorcycle instead of a boat :lol:

Yeah, but last time my wife tried to lie out and sun herself on a motorcycle she wound up with a horrible case of road rash.

Thanks everyone, I'll make a couple calls to the recommended places. A short haul may be the best, then a beach scrape and paint come spring. She's been sitting at a private dock for a few years w/ no maintenance, so I need to at least have her shorthauled for now...