Have you ever heard this before???

Dakota

~~~~~~~
fast growing cancers are usually more susceptible to chemo/radiation

^^ I have never heard of such a thing and I don't believe that for a moment but maybe I'm wrong.

Am I wrong or not?

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Alright, since you guys are zero help what I have found out is the answer is a "maybe." Huh.... interesting.

I have seen this comment in various places pertaining to Hogan and was very curious after seeing it said for a 3rd time if there was anything to that.....

agressive cancer is thought to respond well to chemo/radiotion but can the patient handle the side effects of lost heathy cells?..... is basically what it comes down to....

:ohwell:

DEEKAYPEE8569

fast growing cancers are usually more susceptible to chemo/radiation

^^ I have never heard of such a thing and I don't believe that for a moment but maybe I'm wrong.

Am I wrong or not?

Fast growing cancers may be more susceptible, but they may also be recurring; because sometimes they mutate or grow immune to treatment. I cite Esthesioneuroblastoma; that took my Dad last October. Manifesting in 2004; Dad went through; I believe it was four (+-)rounds of chemo/radiation(Cyberknife) with the final treatment at the beginning of last year being a clinical trial.....which failed.
In the end, the cancer came back unbelievably fast and was visible from the outside.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Fast growing cancers may be more susceptible, but they may also be recurring; because sometimes they mutate or grow immune to treatment. I cite Esthesioneuroblastoma; that took my Dad last October. Manifesting in 2004; Dad went through; I believe it was four (+-)rounds of chemo/radiation(Cyberknife) with the final treatment at the beginning of last year being a clinical trial.....which failed.
In the end, the cancer came back unbelievably fast and was visible from the outside.

Thank you!

It was an odd comment and odd in the fact that 3 different people said something or another just like this. My mother also died from a very fast type cancer in the 90's after being given aggressive chemo at the time.

I just don't know anyone who has survived any length of time after being given a diagnoses of "aggressive fast-growing cancer."

I won't deny feeling very concerned for Hogan.

Thank you!

It was an odd comment and odd in the fact that 3 different people said something or another just like this. My mother also died from a very fast type cancer in the 90's after being given aggressive chemo at the time.

I just don't know anyone who has survived any length of time after being given a diagnoses of "aggressive fast-growing cancer."

I won't deny feeling very concerned for Hogan.
And see... every single person I've had in the family and extended family that had aggressive fast-growing cancer was told it responded better than the slower growing form of their type of cancer. Each of them survived their chemo and/or radiation and are in remission or died of something entirely different later in life. The one's we've lost to cancer had slow growing and all treatment was able to do was prolong the inevitable death from their cancer.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
My sister had a small cell lung cancer which was very fast growing and aggressive. When it was found (she had been having back pain which was getting to be excruciating when the cause was finally discovered) it was Stage IV, which had metastasized, of course. Her Dr. told her she might have had it 3 months and at the same time telling her it was very treatable, if not curable. (I will say that she may not have been completely upfront about those facts, because she wouldn't tell us the very worst news/chances. My mom found out later that her Dr told her she had 6-9 months)

Her chemo was extremely aggressive, and it helped for 3 months when she all that was left was a small speck showing on the PET scan. 2 months later it was all over her again and it seemed like a an out of control freight train - nothing could stop it. 6 months was all she had from diagnosis to death.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I always thought that once cancer entered the lymph nodes you can slow it down with treatment but the chances of getting rid of it completely were non-existant.

This could all go either way - good or bad.