Have you ever

mamatutu

mama to two
tried to trim your own hair? I may attempt this tonight because I am nervous the hairdresser will get scissor-happy and cut off my locks. :cds:

If you have done this before, any suggestions on technique...? :coffee:

I have cut my own hair for the last 10 years, and my husband would inspect and cut what I missed. I would go to a salon once a year to get the cut. We just followed the cut from my last hair appointment. You have beautiful long hair, so you and your hub should be able to cut off the split ends. Don't invest now. Do it yourself. Wait til you are old. You have another 30 years! :smile:

Usually what I do is open up my tri-fold medicine cabinet so I can see the back of my head.

Then I take clippers, and go over the metal part with alcohol. If you don't put alcohol on the clippers, you'll get bumps and possibly a rash. That thing is covered in bacteria.

Then I start at my right sideburn, and work my way up to my crown. Then I do the left side. Then the top, then I use the mirrors to make sure I don't have any stragglies in the back of my head. When I'm feeling energetic, I get some shaving cream and cover the whole dome. Then a Mach-5 razor I go over the whole ensemble until all the shaving cream is gone. Then some moisturizer to make it shiny, and prevent scalp flakes.

Then voila. I'm ####ing gorgeous.

:roflmao:

mitzi

tried to trim your own hair? I may attempt this tonight because I am nervous the hairdresser will get scissor-happy and cut off my locks. :cds:

If you have done this before, any suggestions on technique...? :coffee:

I have and I strongly suggest DON'T do it unless you're just trimming the ends.

acommondisaster

I used to slap a piece of tape across my bangs and cut them, but that was ages ago and about as deep as my hair cutting skills go.