Hay Auction at Henyard

fredsaid2

Weds, Sep 12th @noon
hay from NY, PA and Northern MD

If you don't have your winter hay yet this may be an opportunity. No idea on prices, but an orchard grass mix is $14 per bale at the Henyard.

DQ2B

Weds, Sep 12th @noon
hay from NY, PA and Northern MD

If you don't have your winter hay yet this may be an opportunity. No idea on prices, but an orchard grass mix is $14 per bale at the Henyard.

Holy moly, $14 per square bale? That's more than twice what I pay.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Yeah $14 for a square is crazy. Especially for orchard grass!

I can't get anyone to confirm. Are the Henyard and Stauffers the same place?

Loper

Animal Poor!
Yeah $14 for a square is crazy. Especially for orchard grass!

I can't get anyone to confirm. Are the Henyard and Stauffers the same place?

Yes, they are the same place. It is the place right on 5 across from the little gas station (name has to do with baseball). Joe Stauffer is Elam's brother but I am not sure they get along.. LOL

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Yes, they are the same place. It is the place right on 5 across from the little gas station (name has to do with baseball). Joe Stauffer is Elam's brother but I am not sure they get along.. LOL

Lol Elam has told me to go there before. :)

I get chaffhaye there which is 50 pd bags of 100% alfalfa. He has bulk discounts. 10+ is $13.20. 40+ is $12 something.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I saw a note in The recent edition of Horse Journal that there is a hay shortage again this year (Countrywide) They are advising everyone to get their hay early to avoid the much higher prices as hay becomes more scarce later in the year, AND the quality available may not be what you want to use.

I think with the rain we've had lately, we should see a 2nd cutting in our region?

spellbound

I misunderstood. I thought the $14 bale was orchard grass/alfalfa/something mix. How much was the straight orchard grass?

I paid $9.40 for the orchard grass/timothy mix I bought. 55 lb bales. It was very stemmy. Looks like it may have been over-matured when cut. My horses are not really eating it.
I'm considering returning it, because now I don't need it. Will they take it back?

fredsaid2

I paid $9.40 for the orchard grass/timothy mix I bought. 55 lb bales. It was very stemmy. Looks like it may have been over-matured when cut. My horses are not really eating it.
I'm considering returning it, because now I don't need it. Will they take it back?

They might, worth a try!