hay for sale

bhoffman

does anyone have a place where i can get like 40 bales of hay if so let me know about prices and where i can get it as soon at this weekend possibly......thanks so much

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Joe Stolzfus (amish feed place) on Rt 236 has some squares starting at $5.80ish a bale. He usually has some on hand but it comes and goes...

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
bhoffman said:
does anyone have a place where i can get like 40 bales of hay if so let me know about prices and where i can get it as soon at this weekend possibly......thanks so much

There's a hay auction in Cheltenham this Saturday.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
Wileeone said:
Does anyone know if the hay auction is really this Saturday, or is it next Saturday (4/14). Thanks

Def this Sat; I'm a board member. Starts at 12:00. Always the first and third Saturdays of the month. April is our last month of sales.

Hope to see you there!

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
bhoffman said:
i know there a man with 25 for sale. his add is on this siteunder the horse classifieds. We got 25 from him 2 day, its ok hay, no mold or dust. waaaayyyy cheeper than the hay aution....

R

riderup

Jack Welch may have some left. I got some really good quality orchard grass from him about a month ago. 301-643-2256

SLIM

By the end of this month and into the first part of May, they should be getting a first cut on hay. You may want to wait a couple of weeks and everyone should have plenty. :howdy:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
SLIM said:
By the end of this month and into the first part of May, they should be getting a first cut on hay. You may want to wait a couple of weeks and everyone should have plenty. :howdy:
i think her horsey would be VERY skinny if she waited a couple of weeks. :faint:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
flarenuphope said:
i know there a man with 25 for sale. his add is on this siteunder the horse classifieds. We got 25 from him 2 day, its ok hay, no mold or dust. waaaayyyy cheeper than the hay aution....
so it was pricey again? That auction won't last long if the hay dealers keep putting high minimums on their hay, only the onsie twosies will buy, and much of it will sit. That's too bad. I'd LOVE to support it but certainly can't afford 45-50 a round bale when i buy 20-25 at a time. I'll drive an hour to get it for half that.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
happyappygirl said:
so it was pricey again? That auction won't last long if the hay dealers keep putting high minimums on their hay, only the onsie twosies will buy, and much of it will sit. That's too bad. I'd LOVE to support it but certainly can't afford 45-50 a round bale when i buy 20-25 at a time. I'll drive an hour to get it for half that.

It went so high not because of the minimums but because there wasn't much hay there. Almost every single bale sold. I bought three large square bales but that was it. Everything else went well above the mins. Hopefully we will have more hay at the last sale later this month.

The auction before that, every bale sold too. CRAZY!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Busterduck said:
It went so high not because of the minimums but because there wasn't much hay there. Almost every single bale sold. I bought three large square bales but that was it. Everything else went well above the mins. Hopefully we will have more hay at the last sale later this month.

The auction before that, every bale sold too. CRAZY!

What part of "there is not much hay around" are you all not understanding..I have been here 20 yrs..and have always had to pay TOP DOLLAR in the winter..fact is not enough local farmers to support the local crazy ass horse peeps...

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
Pasofever said:
What part of "there is not much hay around" are you all not understanding..I have been here 20 yrs..and have always had to pay TOP DOLLAR in the winter..fact is not enough local farmers to support the local crazy ass horse peeps...

Unfortunately, it is only going to get worse. A lot of farmers who typically grow hay will not be growing any this year. They are now growing corn because with gasahol, it is more profitable.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Busterduck said:
Unfortunately, it is only going to get worse. A lot of farmers who typically grow hay will not be growing any this year. They are now growing corn because with gasahol, it is more profitable.

Yes as long as you see it.. :huggy:

You know :gossip: sold her donkeys...so I get her hay for next year from :gossip: and other guy moved to VA so I get his hay too...so I am securing more sources... :lmao:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Pasofever said:
And those that do cut and sell it are KEEPING it specifically for winter/late winter sales (verbatim according to some) hence more money.
Very sad state of affairs.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
happyappygirl said:
And those that do cut and sell it are KEEPING it specifically for winter/late winter sales (verbatim according to some) hence more money.
Very sad state of affairs.

The guys I deal with are NOT doing that...I get it for the same price summer or winter..but some do you are right..and when they run out I have to get PA or NY hay...and pay..

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
happyappygirl said:

Happy, I'm in need of some rounds. Do you know where I can get some... :howdy:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Pasofever said:
Yes as long as you see it.. :huggy:

You know :gossip: sold her donkeys...so I get her hay for next year from :gossip: and other guy moved to VA so I get his hay too...so I am securing more sources... :lmao:

It's nice too share..... :lmao: