hay

spinner

I am looking for some good quality hay in square bales. Thought I had some but when I went to pick it up over the weekend, well, it is good enough for the cow and goats but really not for the horse. So I am looking for 60 or so bales, and if possible delivered because I am just too old to be loading hay if I don't have to. Thanks much

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
spinner said:
I am looking for some good quality hay in square bales. Thought I had some but when I went to pick it up over the weekend, well, it is good enough for the cow and goats but really not for the horse. So I am looking for 60 or so bales, and if possible delivered because I am just too old to be loading hay if I don't have to. Thanks much

There's a hay auction this Saturday in Cheltenham PG County. Starts at noon.

spinner

I'm out of town this weekend, thanks. Plus I've never bought hay at an auction, I'm not sure how to do that. And then how do I get it home?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
persimmoncf said:
Hey Spinner, What area do you live?

She is down here by me...within 3 or 4 miles...I could use some good squares too if you know of any..I am down to my last 100 bales.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
We'll be making some trips to West Va to get hay soon. Excellent quality hay but not sure what the price will be - but probably in the $6.50 per bale range. I've heard henyard was $8.00 and more already! EEK!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
HorseLady...Keep me in mind..I got 2 bales of alfalfa for studly and it was $10.25 and 2 bales of alfalfa grass mix (way more grass) and it was $10.75 lasting a long time for just those two but need some other stuff as fillers for the rest in the fields...

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
HorseLady said:
We'll be making some trips to West Va to get hay soon. Excellent quality hay but not sure what the price will be - but probably in the $6.50 per bale range. I've heard henyard was $8.00 and more already! EEK!

YIKES! You folks realy should come to the auction. They have hay of all kinds. It is sold in 10 to 20 bale lots but if you are the high bidder you can take more. Last week they had some real nice alfalfa too. I think it went for $4.40, mixed grass went for $3.20 and mixed timothy was $4.00.

Also, they have round bales too. If you buy the round bales, they will load it on your truck for you. They go anywhere from $30 to $50 per bale. The $50 bales are REAL nice pure orchard grass. Green and soft. My horses love it and for four, it lasts 7 days.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
spinner said:
That sounds wonderful but I have no way to move it here
There are folks there who, for a nominal fee can perhaps tote some for you. Some folks like to be paid in hay for delivery :whistle:
And he may let you leave it there a few days to find transportation for it if you need that too. So don't let that stop you from going.

Oh and honey, you should SEE the way some folks transport hay, you would be AMAZED at how much one can stuff into and on top of a minivan. :lol:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Pasofever said:
She is down here by me...within 3 or 4 miles...I could use some good squares too if you know of any..I am down to my last 100 bales.
I wanted to know if Spinner lived near the feed yard on 236. I ran my amish buddy over to get hay the other day...and he got alfalpha for 6.00 a bale, so grass has to be around 4-4.50.
I have to go to the lumber mill today so I will stop in and get prices.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
happyappygirl said:
There are folks there who, for a nominal fee can perhaps tote some for you. Some folks like to be paid in hay for delivery :whistle:
And he may let you leave it there a few days to find transportation for it if you need that too. So don't let that stop you from going.

Oh and honey, you should SEE the way some folks transport hay, you would be AMAZED at how much one can stuff into and on top of a minivan. :lol:

Oh you are the funny broad, you are. :lmao: :lmao: We are suppose to have a deep freeze first of January...anyone hear? :huggy:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
persimmoncf said:
I wanted to know if Spinner lived near the feed yard on 236. I ran my amish buddy over to get hay the other day...and he got alfalpha for 6.00 a bale, so grass has to be around 4-4.50.
I have to go to the lumber mill today so I will stop in and get prices.
:faint: did he survive?
And did you get enough hay to share?

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
happyappygirl said:
:faint: did he survive?
And did you get enough hay to share?

Oh, you are sooo witty this morning my girl. i didnt get any square bales...he did.
Did RC tell you when looks good?

spinner

I don't mind paying for delivery- I don't work for free why should anyone else? I have a Nissan Sentra-one bale in the back and one in the trunk, thats about it. The truck I have I don't dare take out of the Hollywood/Loveville area unless I want to push it home. I'll check the henyard on Friday, I'm really kind upset about the situation, I try to have hay lined up for the winter so I don't end up scrambling like this.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
persimmoncf said:
Oh, you are sooo witty this morning my girl. i didnt get any square bales...he did.
Did RC tell you when looks good?
WAS this morning, but you forgot to place the order for SUNshine....silly woman.
Call his cell i left his number on your cell phone VM. Tomorrow morning works fine too.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
happyappygirl said:
WAS this morning, but you forgot to place the order for SUNshine....silly woman.
Call his cell i left his number on your cell phone VM. Tomorrow morning works fine too.

My phone never messaged me. I need to call the old man and give him a heads up. So call me. :love:

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
happyappygirl said:

Someone hauled their hay in a Caddy last auction. A NEW Caddy. It was very nice. Hubby loaded it up for her. :huggy: