Hazelwild horse shows?

devinej

Does anyone have the schedules for Hazelwild's horse shows and any others in fredericksburg? The TWA shows? thanks!:howdy:

devinej

sort of answered my own question, but does anyone have prizelists?

Dec. 13 - Hazelwild Farm Hunter Winter Series, Fredericksburg, VA 540-891-7101
Dec. 19 - TWA Winter Jumper Series, Hazelwild Farm, Fredericksburg, VA, 540-972-1342, 540-825-2825
Dec. 20 - TWA Winter Hunter Series, Hazelwild Farm, Fredericksburg, VA, 540-972-1342, 540-825-2825
Dec. 26 - TWA Winter Jumper Series, Hazelwild Farm, Fredericksburg, VA, 540-972-1342, 540-825-2825

EDIT: New schedules for TWA (jumpers saturday, hunters sunday:
Jan 9 and 10
Jan 23 and 24
Feb. 6 and 7
mar. 6 and 7

Hazelwild show schedule (same location, different people, hunters only):
Jan 17
Feb 14

Last edited:

Duckz

sort of answered my own question, but does anyone have prizelists?

Dec. 13 - Hazelwild Farm Hunter Winter Series, Fredericksburg, VA 540-891-7101
Dec. 19 - TWA Winter Jumper Series, Hazelwild Farm, Fredericksburg, VA, 540-972-1342, 540-825-2825
Dec. 20 - TWA Winter Hunter Series, Hazelwild Farm, Fredericksburg, VA, 540-972-1342, 540-825-2825
Dec. 26 - TWA Winter Jumper Series, Hazelwild Farm, Fredericksburg, VA, 540-972-1342, 540-825-2825

Hazelwild is in the dark ages and does not post the prizelist online. I called them last year and got on the mailing list (for the TWA shows at least) but I haven't seen any prizelists for this year's winter series yet.

devinej

ok i called and actually talked to the twa person, got on their list, and left a message for the hazelwild number

Duckz

Spiffy. I'll go to the one on the 20th. Whatcha think? I think they had classes up to 3'3 last year (and the 3'+ divisions seem to fill better than around here).

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Spiffy. I'll go to the one on the 20th. Whatcha think? I think they had classes up to 3'3 last year (and the 3'+ divisions seem to fill better than around here).

Yeah, there really aren't a lot of people who ride at the 3'+ level. Though, Country Haven does offer the 2'9" or 3' rider's choice class. SMHA and MSA do have 3'+ classes but they only get 1-2 riders in the hunter classes. Are you and Big Linc' back up to 3'? Gotta get some pictures of him tucking his knees up nice and neat. :)

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Duckz are Devine and you planning on riding in the 2'9" or 3' Working Hunter division at Country Haven in Febuary and March? Everyone asks for the higher fence heights, but so far only 2 or 3 in that division. :whistle:

Duckz

Duckz are Devine and you planning on riding in the 2'9" or 3' Working Hunter division at Country Haven in Febuary and March? Everyone asks for the higher fence heights, but so far only 2 or 3 in that division. :whistle:

I'm not sure. With Mom showing Lincoln in two divisions, it's pushing it to ask him to do a third division at 3'. Maybe the March show I'll do it to prep for the first BEST show.

And I bet Shakey will be ready for 3' by then!

Duckz

Yeah, there really aren't a lot of people who ride at the 3'+ level. Though, Country Haven does offer the 2'9" or 3' rider's choice class. SMHA and MSA do have 3'+ classes but they only get 1-2 riders in the hunter classes. Are you and Big Linc' back up to 3'? Gotta get some pictures of him tucking his knees up nice and neat. :)

I think it's hard to fill a 3' class at a schooling show. It seems like the rated 3' divisions (children's and adult hunters and the medals) get plenty of entries. Hazelwild has VHSA rated divisions, so maybe that's why they're getting entries in the bigger divisions?

Lincoln will probably do 2'9 at Hazelwild just to keep it easy. We've got all winter to work back up to 3' :buddies:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I'm not sure. With Mom showing Lincoln in two divisions, it's pushing it to ask him to do a third division at 3'. Maybe the March show I'll do it to prep for the first BEST show.

And I bet Shakey will be ready for 3' by then!

Wow hard to believe we are coming up on a year from when Lincoln had his surgery. What a great recovery.

Remember when we went to the MD Horse and Pony Show they barely had 6 in a class for the 1st year and 2nd year greens, and then the working hunters.

IntegritysDream

Wow hard to believe we are coming up on a year from when Lincoln had his surgery. What a great recovery.

Remember when we went to the MD Horse and Pony Show they barely had 6 in a class for the 1st year and 2nd year greens, and then the working hunters.

Devine:: im up for going to hazelwild whenever with trick as well... just let me know when you wanna go.

Sparks

So Devine & Duckz, what do you like about the TWA shows? I've never been. Anyone mind scanning the prize list?

devinej

So Devine & Duckz, what do you like about the TWA shows? I've never been. Anyone mind scanning the prize list?

not sure yet, haven't been, but it looks like fun. duckz has been to the facility for a different show and liked the indoor. i will type in the prize lists later. they have ss through 3'3"

Duckz

I really like the indoor ring. It's big, nice footing, nice jumps. The show I went to last winter was managed well. The divisions (even the 3' ones) had enough entries for good competition but they weren't so huge that they took forever to run. The other competitors were very friendly. I'm hoping for another good experience next weekend!