HBO Real Sport Segment - Racehorses & Slaughter

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
i had to stop at the gory parts... yeah it a shame when a PERFECTLY HEALTHY horse goes to a slaughter house, but im not against ones that are injured, and can only be used for a companion. Also, from what i know, there are very few left, slaughter houses that is, in the U.S . So all the horses are being shiped to Mexico & Canada, which the horses suffer the long drive, and the tecniques for killing the horse is worse. I would love to get cheep OTTBs just because they were too slow, but i wouldnt pay over 500.

Sparks

I'm really not against slaughter. I think it serves a purpose for many unwanted animals. I am very much against the horrible treatment many recieve getting to that point.

I think people need to take more responsiblity for the animals they breed, train, race, etc. :frown:

fredsaid2

I'm really not against slaughter. I think it serves a purpose for many unwanted animals. I am very much against the horrible treatment many recieve getting to that point.

I think people need to take more responsiblity for the animals they breed, train, race, etc. :frown:

Very much w/ you on this. Even after watching this the BYBs will still plan to breed their not very special mares - just because they can.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!

Amen. I feel horses are livestock, so slaughter is an option. But ALL livestock (including dairy cows) deserve a dignified, humane, and healthy treatment. Slaughter and transport regs to / in mexico are barbaric. And I agree with FS2, owners need to step up and take more responsibility for the welfare of their own animals!:coffee:

Sparks

Even after watching this the BYBs will still plan to breed their not very special mares - just because they can.

Oh, don't even get me started on that subject..... :rolleyes:

Just because it can give birth, doesn't mean it should - that goes for some people too :whistle:

Last edited:

bkokoruda

BZHorseMomE

Which CANTER cutie did you buy? One off of the CANTER MA site or another affiliate? I am CANTER's webmaster so I get to see all the MA horses before I post them. Also, Kimberly is great. She does alot for TBs that need help.

R, beth

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Which CANTER cutie did you buy? One off of the CANTER MA site or another affiliate? I am CANTER's webmaster so I get to see all the MA horses before I post them. Also, Kimberly is great. She does alot for TBs that need help.

R, beth

Hi bkokoruda,

I don't know if she was ever listed on the Mid-Atlantic Canter Cutie's, but she was on Kim's website for 2 weeks. When Kim put her YouTubes up 2 Wednesday's ago I happened to check them out that evening and was over trying her out the next day in the pouring rain. The mare was just as she was in the YouTubes. I've had my 3yr. old up on her already doing leadline and my 8yr. old can take her out to eat grass and she is so quite with him.

Her name is "Celtic Summer" and was train by Ted Maher. She acts more like a motherly broodmare then a horse that just came off the track. Her pedigree isn't to shaby either. Celtic Summer Horse Pedigree

Kim and other's like her are doing such wonderful things for these serviceable OTTB. I've brought many along to be very competitive show horses and hopefully this girl will turn out just as nice.

Which horse rescue do you work with?

IntegritysDream

AW!! i really wanted to go see her, and possibly get her!!!! but then my mom went through some issues and i coudnt!! how is she?!?!?!?! thats so cool!

Last edited:

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
AW!! i really wanted to go see her, and possibly get her!!!! but then my mom went through some issues and i coudnt!! how is she?!?!?!?! thats so cool!

Integrity... There's another horse on there in the off track section. i was lookin on there the other night. His name is seaside.. seems to be a horse you would like. i don't know if you remember me or not but we can talk about that thru PM. He's a goregeous boy! I wish he was a little cheaper or i would go get him for hunters but my parents won't allow that. He's a little big but oh well :razz: here's a link to the page.. he's the big grey

Off Track Sales

fredsaid2

Integrity... There's another horse on there in the off track section. i was lookin on there the other night. His name is seaside.. seems to be a horse you would like. i don't know if you remember me or not but we can talk about that thru PM. He's a goregeous boy! I wish he was a little cheaper or i would go get him for hunters but my parents won't allow that. He's a little big but oh well :razz: here's a link to the page.. he's the big grey

Off Track Sales

Did you see that he's a timber horse?? :shocking: Might be a little more engine than a hunter requires.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Did you see that he's a timber horse?? :shocking: Might be a little more engine than a hunter requires.

Looks like many of the horses listed right now are more geared towards eventing, jumpers, or dressage.

That bow on the big grey is noticable, but if it set he could be serviceable for years to come. He is pretty though.

Last night after riding "Celtic Summer" my 8 year old walked her back to the barn & put her in her stall. I had already taken her saddle off and was talking up at the ring. A few minutes later he was walking back up to the ring all tickled with himself that he was able to take her bridle off. She is such a kind hearted mare and has been great with my boys. Other then her being in season a few days after I got her she has been great.

covekat

I know the guy jumping the first horse listed, just talked to his wife 2 weeks ago about this horse..she said they are learning to jump together...he's doing a nice job!

IntegritysDream

Looks like many of the horses listed right now are more geared towards eventing, jumpers, or dressage.

That bow on the big grey is noticable, but if it set he could be serviceable for years to come. He is pretty though.

Last night after riding "Celtic Summer" my 8 year old walked her back to the barn & put her in her stall. I had already taken her saddle off and was talking up at the ring. A few minutes later he was walking back up to the ring all tickled with himself that he was able to take her bridle off. She is such a kind hearted mare and has been great with my boys. Other then her being in season a few days after I got her she has been great.[/QUOT

Yeah, i dont want something with too much of a motor, i want something laid back, but not lazy, that has enough to get around a 3'3 hunter course confortably.. and pref. something without a old injury.

haha aw thats adorable about your son!

haha thats adorable!