He’s cheating and it’s your fault

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You are a nagger. There is no time limit on doing dishes. I could see if guest were coming over or something like that, relax more V.

Now that I no longer live with anyone, I am relaxed like a fat lady's waistband. :jet:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
When I was a young bride, my first husband and I had a discussion just like that.

Him: I'll do dishes for you tonight.
Me: Cool, thanks!
(a couple hours later no dishes have been done, so I head for the kitchen)
Him: What are you doing? I told you I'd get the dishes.
Me: Well you were absorbed in your show and I want to get them out of the way.
Him: Sit. I'll get them.
Me: Okay.
(another hour goes by, getting to be bedtime, dishes are still piled in the sink)
Me: If you're not going to do the dishes, just say so. I don't mind doing them, but I mind very much them sitting in the sink.
Him: I'll do them at commercial.
(commercial comes and goes; show comes back on; now I'm getting pissed)
Me: Dave, it's getting late. I'm going to do the dishes.
Him: JFC, what is it with you? I told you I'd do the damn dishes. If I don't get to them tonight I'll get them tomorrow. Now I shouldn't even do them at all because you keep nagging me about it.

And the fight was on....

:cds: SEE...they turn us into naggers.

Me: Hon, I need my oil changed right away, I'm at that point...already bought the filter and oil, its all ready to go.
Dumbass: Ok, I'll get it this afternoon.
Me: Thanks, then I'll make your fave dinner tonight!

1,000 miles later....

Me: I REALLY need an oil change....please. Now.
DA: Right. As soon as I get back from Home Depot.

500 miles later....

Me: DUDE. SERIOUSLY. When my car explodes, you going to rescue me on the side of the road? I work over an hour away. C'mon.
DA: I gotta do something for my mom right now, she just asked me. Hopefully this afternoon.

Me: [Pulling in after going to Midas] Thanks for the oil change.
DA: WTF I said I was going to do it! Why would you pay someone else to?!

:eyebrow:

High Maintanence.

:elaine:

:belvak:

Tell me something new, sweetie :coffee:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
You are a nagger. There is no time limit on doing dishes. I could see if guest were coming over or something like that, relax more V.

It's almost physically impossible to go to bed with a dirty kitchen.

Maybe a dish or two from dessert...maybe a pot soaking...but I can feel my skin itch if the sink is full and I'm supposed to pretend it isn't.

SoMDGirl42

:cds: SEE...they turn us into naggers.

Me: Hon, I need my oil changed right away, I'm at that point...already bought the filter and oil, its all ready to go.
Dumbass: Ok, I'll get it this afternoon.
Me: Thanks, then I'll make your fave dinner tonight!

1,000 miles later....

Me: I REALLY need an oil change....please. Now.
DA: Right. As soon as I get back from Home Depot.

500 miles later....

Me: DUDE. SERIOUSLY. When my car explodes, you going to rescue me on the side of the road? I work over an hour away. C'mon.
DA: I gotta do something for my mom right now, she just asked me. Hopefully this afternoon.

Me: [Pulling in after going to Midas] Thanks for the oil change.
DA: WTF I said I was going to do it! Why would you pay someone else to?!

:eyebrow:

Tell me something new, sweetie :coffee:

I've had near this same damn conversation about a hundred times with my ex. Worse part of all, he is a fricken mechanic! That's what he does, works on shiat. How hard is it to change the damn oil? I didn't ask you to drop the motor and clean it with a toothbrush. :lol:

So I bought a new truck about a year ago. Took it in for the first oil change. It's free, so why not?
Him: You took it into the dealership to change the oil
Me: Yes
Him: Why? I would have done it
Me: It was free anyway, why not

Almost time for my next oil change
Him: Are you due for an oil change yet?
Me; Not yet
Two Weeks later
Him: How many miles until you next oil change
Me: about 800
This goes on for weeks, every single week!
FINALLY
Me: I'm due for an oil change now
Him: Buy the stuff I'll do it this weekend
3 Weeeks later and several reminders that I'm do for an oil change, I break down and go back to the dealership. May as well have them rotate the tires too. :coffee:
about a month later he shows up and says: "where's the oil, I'm going to change the oil now." Dumbass, that was 2 months ago, I took it to the dealership and had them do it AND rotate the tires.
Him: I said I would do it

I give up

warneckutz

It's almost physically impossible to go to bed with a dirty kitchen.

Maybe a dish or two from dessert...maybe a pot soaking...but I can feel my skin itch if the sink is full and I'm supposed to pretend it isn't.

Then do the damn dishes, woman.

Chris0nllyn

I play a game....

When the hockey/football/basketball/baseball game is one, In watch it. Then during a commercial and/or halftime/intermission/end of period I get up and do a few dishes.

Rinse and repeat for every commercial.

That way, the dishes get done, and I can watch my game.

I don't understand the whole "this needs to be done NOW" concept. The game/TV show isn't on forever, and it'll get done whemn it gets done. Is it really the end of the world?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't understand the whole "this needs to be done NOW" concept. The game/TV show isn't on forever, and it'll get done whemn it gets done. Is it really the end of the world?

:nono: It's not that the dishes need to be done right this second; it's that he knows I don't like to go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink. By then he'd been married to me for probably 4 years or so, so that was not a surprise to him.

The other thing is that HE OFFERED, I didn't ask. I'd rather me do the dishes and have them done, no stress, certainly no coffee mugs sailing across the kitchen :whistle:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I play a game....

When the hockey/football/basketball/baseball game is one, In watch it. Then during a commercial and/or halftime/intermission/end of period I get up and do a few dishes.

Rinse and repeat for every commercial.

That way, the dishes get done, and I can watch my game.

I'm ok with that. In fact I do that all the time. But did you read Vrai's fight? That is not what most guys will do. I don't need it done RIGHT THIS SECOND, but don't tell me you'll do it...and then NEVER DO IT. :doh:

Chris0nllyn

I'm ok with that. In fact I do that all the time. But did you read Vrai's fight? That is not what most guys will do. I don't need it done RIGHT THIS SECOND, but don't tell me you'll do it...and then NEVER DO IT. :doh:

Understandable.

We've all been there.

It seems to happen more at work for me though. "Sure, Chris, I'll take of this and that".....a week later I'm wondering why it's not done.

Instead of asking or telling him that things need to be done, try asking him if he likes being a slob. "Hey, you're an adult and if you want to live like that, go ahead, but the dishes are piling out of the sink".

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Ah my ex is KING of that conversation.

I have physical proof in the form of a giant pile of wood outside my house that has been there for years that im slowly getting rid of. Or the fact that I have no reducer from my wood floors to my kitchen despite having paid for it TWICE. I still try to get him to do it, and he STILL tells me he will get to it. FOUR YEARS later.

ALSO I wish I had video of me hauling my fat, 9 month pregnant ass into the bathtub to fix the leaking faucet I asked him to fix for 4 months..with youtube as my only guide for how to do it.

I have zero patience for this anymore after that. If you say youre going to do it, you had better do it unless you have an excellent excuse.

Last edited:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Ah my ex is KING of that conversation.

I have physical proof in the form of a giant pile of wood outside my house that has been there for years that im slowly getting rid of. Or the fact that I have no reducer from my wood floors to my kitchen despite having paid for it TWICE. I still try to get him to do it, and he STILL tells me he will get to it. FOUR YEARS later.

He always yells at you about the grass too :lmao:

"Who cut the grass?! (after the neighbor finally did it out of pity) I was gonna cut that!!"

FED_UP

He always yells at you about the grass too :lmao:

"Who cut the grass?! (after the neighbor finally did it out of pity) I was gonna cut that!!"

The neighbor did it so he can get a closer look at your hot body. Where is this diconnect at, you ask us to do something and we say yea, but you want it done on your time. Of course my time is more valuable, lets see, I have to drink my beer, watch the sports, go help jim, hunt, fish, work; after all that you want me to perform like John Holmes, I think that is all in order too. Ok, for now on if you want something done give me a 3 months notice so I can get it done on time.

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
Some things matter...most things don't. Pick n' choose your battles otherwise you'll just fight/argue all the time.

And on that note, I really ought to follow ^that^ advice more often.