He thinks he has a choice???

This_person

You know that they'll review it in closed session and still somehow the information will find its way to the NY Times or Wash Post. And I predict the information will be used to launch numerous hearings and those hearings will divulge the information "because the American people have a right to know...."
Yet they continue to deny telling us who we taxpayers had to spend millions of dollars for to keep them out of legal trouble for their sexual harassments.

This_person

Well, for one, the US Code but I guess we'll see as time goes by.
It's one thing to request it per the code - the one that they agreed they'd never use for the purpose they are trying to use it for. It's something else entirely to subpoena it. There'd have to be a reason to do that.

Is there one?

awpitt

Main Streeter
It's one thing to request it per the code - the one that they agreed they'd never use for the purpose they are trying to use it for. It's something else entirely to subpoena it. There'd have to be a reason to do that.

Is there one?

This_person

The Code allowing it is insufficient reason to subpoena a specific citizen's tax records. The Code allows them to request it, though makes it clear that it is unusual by demanding that it only be done in closed executive session.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
... And so we are back to having democrats using government agencies as a weapon to attack their political enemies.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Oh well. Just trying to riff on the "we all have choices" by joking about Free Will. As in, do we? Do we really? Apparently, not a good riff on my part.
--- End of line (MCP)
No worries. Might have been having a slow day and missed it. Though, your posit does make one think. If only Option A and Option B are allowed choices, with Option C, Free Will, being the choice not to decide, is not allowed, perhaps you are correct? Do we really have Free Will?

Rommey

It will be interesting to see what gets "leaked" and you can probably tell how desperate they are when the smallest questionable (yet legal) item in the returns is somehow proof worthy of impeachment.