St. Mary's Co. Health Department Leaders Selected for National Committees

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
LEONARDTOWN, MD (August 1, 2023) – The St. Mary’s County Health Department (SMCHD) is pleased to announce that SMCHD team members Tammy Loewe, Kathleen Tippett, and Jacqueline Wells have been selected to participate in expert committees of the National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO).

A national organization of local and tribal health officials, NACCHO works on behalf of over 3,000 local health departments (LHDs) nationwide. NACCHO’s Workgroups convene subject matter experts to inform NACCHO and local health department action across the country.

SMCHD team member Tammy Loewe was selected for NACCHO’s Behavioral Health Workgroup. Ms. Loewe oversees SMCHD’s Behavioral Health Division, providing system management for behavioral health services in St. Mary’s County and implementing initiatives to prevent or mitigate mental health or substance use concerns. “I am privileged to be selected to represent SMCHD on the NACCHO Behavioral Health Workgroup,” said Tammy Loewe, Director of Behavioral Health. “This opportunity will allow me to provide input and my behavioral health expertise to the workgroup and to assure that St. Mary’s has a voice nationally.”

Jacqueline Wells was selected for NACCHO’s Public Health Communications Workgroup. Ms. Wells oversees SMCHD’s Division of Community Engagement & Policy, guiding health department communications and outreach, health equity initiatives, local health improvement coalition, and policy analysis. “I am honored to represent SMCHD on the NACCHO Public Health Communications Workgroup,” said Jacqueline Wells, Director of Community Engagement and Policy. “I look forward to providing my expertise to the workgroup and bringing back knowledge and tools to SMCHD to advance our communications with the community.”

Kathleen Tippett was selected for the Infectious Disease Prevention and Control Workgroup. Ms. Tippett is the Program Supervisor for SMCHD’s Infectious Disease Control program, managing infectious disease case investigations and outbreak response. “I am excited to be part of this workgroup, to share what we offer at SMCHD, and to learn from others about what they are doing at their agencies to improve the health of their communities,” said Katie Tippett, Infectious Disease Program Supervisor.

“These esteemed leaders in our health department are incredibly knowledgeable and experienced in their public health topic areas,” said Dr. Meena Brewster, St. Mary’s County Health Officer. “Their dedication has benefited our community greatly and I’m thrilled that other local health departments across the country will now also learn from their expertise.”

Learn more about SMCHD programs and services at smchd.org.

# # #

The post Health Department Leaders Selected for National Committees appeared first on St. Mary's County Health Department.