Health Ins Problems

Justme2

I have been on my wife health insurance for years now. Their company's open enrollment is coming up and we got a letter that if I got access to health insurance at my work open enrollment or not I will be denied benefits with her company.

Anybody else got this issue? I bet it has something to do with OBAMA CARE!!!!!! Frigging Idiot!!!:eyebrow:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I have been on my wife health insurance for years now. Their company's open enrollment is coming up and we got a letter that if I got access to health insurance at my work open enrollment or not I will be denied benefits with her company.

Anybody else got this issue? I bet it has something to do with OBAMA CARE!!!!!! Frigging Idiot!!!:eyebrow:

Huh? So if you have the option of enrolling at your work, you are unable to be insure on your wife's policy? I'm confused by your complaint.

My husband is on my insurance but also has a policy at his work covering just himself. He did this because we are both getting close to being eligible to retire and if I am not enrolled with my work and he is not enrolled at his work, we will get no retirement insurance. You cannot just have no insurance for many years and after retirement sign up, they don't allow that... but if something was to happen to me, he could sign up our children to his policy at work even if he is retired, but only if he, himself, has a policy. This does costs us a little more but it is worth it for obvious reasons.

The problem comes when we go to billing. The doctor has to bill his primary (which is the insurance he has at work) and the policy I have becomes secondary.

mamatutu

mama to two
Welcome to ObamaWorld. My hub works for USBank. They are a 150 year old company/bank. Obama has put his handprint on them as well, and it is not pretty. Our insurance has changed drastically. I so hate him. Why doesn't Obamacare affect the government? Oh wait...I know. Because filthy rich politicians with connections, and POTUS's that don't include themselves is how we, the working/tax paying element of this country are spit upon because we are the reason America is still here. Makes sense to me. Not really. Obama is intent on bringing America down, even though he was given a great education, profited, and is now POTUS. Period. What a joke. I hope we can survive this attempted takeover. Get out and vote, America, and don't vote Democrat. JMO

Last edited:
R

rhenderson

...we got a letter that if I got access to health insurance at my work open enrollment or not I will be denied benefits with her company.

If you will not be eligible for insurance under her policy regardless of whether you got access to health insurance at your work -- why would they even mention it? They would simply say that you are ineligible for coverage under her policy. Are you sure it say "access to health insurance at your work" or does it say if you have insurance through your work?

tommyjo

What's the name of the company? Since you seem to have issues with typing in grammatically correct sentences, what exactly does the letter say?

GregV814

Tommyjo, you puff of methane, I understand his plight. Did you know TJ that there is now a $6,000.00 deductable with Messiahcare????? Huh?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
What's the name of the company? Since you seem to have issues with typing in grammatically correct sentences, what exactly does the letter say?

Somebody makes a bad claim about your God and you want certified copies and copies of personal correspondence? And you think the Birthers are morons?

MarieB

Some companies are doing that now. UPS did that

Idunno

I can add my husband to my insurance....but if he has the opportunity of insurance through his employer and declines it...it will cost me an extra $100 a month on top of the regular premium. We are going to see what happens this year at open enrollment....

ginwoman

What a bunch of BS. It's going to continue to get worse as this new "plan" goes into effect. I pray everyone's eyes will open up but it might already be too late.

I can add my husband to my insurance....but if he has the opportunity of insurance through his employer and declines it...it will cost me an extra $100 a month on top of the regular premium. We are going to see what happens this year at open enrollment....

Hijinx

What a bunch of BS. It's going to continue to get worse as this new "plan" goes into effect. I pray everyone's eyes will open up but it might already be too late.

The whole plan was laid out so that by the time the public figured out what was going on it WOULD be too late. When Pelosi said "You have to pass it to find out what's in it " she wasn't BSing. We are 2 years in and still don't know all of what's in it. Much of it they make up as they go along.

Justme2

Huh? So if you have the option of enrolling at your work, you are unable to be insure on your wife's policy? I'm confused by your complaint.
For more then 8 Years now I have been on my wife health insurance. It is through Aetna and it is great insurance policy why change things???:frown:

As far typing sentences well no I am not a great writer:belvak:. The letter says after open enrollment is over they will not cover my Medical, Dental after the the enrollment date is past. If I have access to health coverage through my employer.

I just have the feeling not only is the health insurance going to suck where I work at it is going to be a whole lot more.:ohwell:

Chris0nllyn

For more then 8 Years now I have been on my wife health insurance. It is through Aetna and it is great insurance policy why change things???:frown:

As far typing sentences well no I am not a great writer:belvak:. The letter says after open enrollment is over they will not cover my Medical, Dental after the the enrollment date is past. If I have access to health coverage through my employer.

I just have the feeling not only is the health insurance going to suck where I work at it is going to be a whole lot more.:ohwell:

Some companies will not cover dependants or spouses anymore.

Sounds like her company is one of them.

morningrain

Our company has been able to offer our employee's health care coverage at a decent price for the 12 year I have worked for them. Our group policy renews as our August 1st and we have been looking at what are possible rates will be. And thanks to Obamacare our rates for some employees will increase 70%-95%. Just like everything the government does this will only hurt the people who work hard and try to make a living. Do you really thing the ones who abuse the system are really going to sign up for health insurance. I know of many people who work under the table, or pick up odd jobs and never file taxes or are grown adults that are supported by there family.

Vince

Because if like your insurance company and you want to keep your insurance company, you won't be allowed to do that because we have obamycare. Socialized medicine is halfway there.