Heat up that sandwich, woman!!!

MMDad

Lem Putt
mv_princess said:
Because the family turns a blind eye to it. Because they believe what she tells them, or they haven't seen her. Because he hid her from them. Telling her to cover the bruises. Could be any reason, most of it is because her family isn't around.

Maybe going out on a limb but, maybe her father beat her too, so what would be the point then of running home? She would be beat there too. It sucks any way you look at it.

Sometimes they just convinces themselves that is what love is.........
There is usually a pattern of behavior. If they grow up watching Dad beat Mom, they start to believe it is not just normal, but defines what love really is.

My Mom grew up like that. She's fortunate that non of her husbands were into beating her, or she'd have gotten the crap knocked out of her. I remember when I was about 13, she's standing on the front lawn screaming at her husband that if he was a real man, he wouldn't be afraid to hit her.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
My father beat my stepmom and me till we were bloody, to this day if a man ever hits me, I swear when I wake up he better be gone. Jail or death, take your pick, you chickensh!t sorry SOB. Do you all think thats too harsh?