Height

SoMDGirl42

I'm 5' 3.5" or 5' 3.75" and I go with 5'4". :dye:

I'm 5' 5.5" and I've always said I was 5' 5". My daughter is 5'2" on a tall day, and she always says she's 5'4". I've been telling her for most of her life, she's not 5'4". I've proven it to her several times, she still says she's 5'4". When we stand next to each other, it's very obvious there is a significant difference. Oh well........ :killingme

My daughter is holding at 5' 7"... she wants so bad to hit 5' 8". Wait 'til I tell her her dating field is expanded if she stays at 5' 7". :jet:

sockgirl77

My daughter is holding at 5' 7"... she wants so bad to hit 5' 8". Wait 'til I tell her her dating field is expanded if she stays at 5' 7". :jet:

I went to HS with a girl who was 5"11" and her bf was 5'6" their senior year. They looked odd. But a year or two later he got up to 5'9" and it only looks odd when she's in heels. He HATES when she wears heels. For whatever reason she insists on it. It puts 5 or 6 inches between them. No clue why she puts that man thru that agony. :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I went to HS with a girl who was 5"11" and her bf was 5'6" their senior year. They looked odd. But a year or two later he got up to 5'9" and it only looks odd when she's in heels. He HATES when she wears heels. For whatever reason she insists on it. It puts 5 or 6 inches between them. No clue why she puts that man thru that agony. :lol:

I'm 5'11" and Dustin's 5'9" (maybe a smidge taller). We look fine together, but I never wear heels.

beachnut01

Great friends with a 'shorter' guy. He always said in his defense (about a zillion times a day)
THE LAWS OF VERTICALLITY DO NOT MATTER IN A HORIZONTAL POSTITION!

SamSpade

My wife is 6 foot even and as I like to tell people - the *shortest* person in her family (although as her parents age, that may change).

My dad is 5'10' which as I understand is around average. My mom is about 5'5" which is also around average. But I tell you, after being around my wife's family so much, I began to look at my immediate family as *short*. I'm the tallest in my family at 6'2", but I never even noticed height until the two families were side by side.

It's funny to me that women have such a preference for taller men, and that men tend to prefer shorter women. I was just the opposite - very much preferred taller women, and had a mild disdain for women I considered too tiny for me. (At some level, that's a shame, because I knew some wonderful women whose only "flaw" was their size). I also still tend to prefer women with a bit of heft, and I can't understand men who have to date dreadfully thin women.

But I'm glad I'm married to Bluejay. On more than one occasion we've had to carry something heavy, or she's heaved something heavy onto her shoulders, and I've quietly said "thank God my wife is strong".

B

Bean

It's not so much that short men are not attractive. It's more the complex they all carry. Angry little men. I always think of trolls.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
My wife is 6 foot even and as I like to tell people - the *shortest* person in her family (although as her parents age, that may change).

My dad is 5'10' which as I understand is around average. My mom is about 5'5" which is also around average. But I tell you, after being around my wife's family so much, I began to look at my immediate family as *short*. I'm the tallest in my family at 6'2", but I never even noticed height until the two families were side by side.

It's funny to me that women have such a preference for taller men, and that men tend to prefer shorter women. I was just the opposite - very much preferred taller women, and had a mild disdain for women I considered too tiny for me. (At some level, that's a shame, because I knew some wonderful women whose only "flaw" was their size). I also still tend to prefer women with a bit of heft, and I can't understand men who have to date dreadfully thin women.

But I'm glad I'm married to Bluejay. On more than one occasion we've had to carry something heavy, or she's heaved something heavy onto her shoulders, and I've quietly said "thank God my wife is strong".

I share your exact opinions on this matter. I am 6'4" and still holding out for a taller woman. I can not seem to find much around here over 5'7".

T

toppick08

When it comes to affairs of the heart...........height is not important.....:yay: