Helix piercings...

Pandora

I am looking for a place locally that does Helix piercings with a hallow needle. I already have 2 gun piercings and they have both finally healed (only took 7 months which I have heard is actually very good). However, if a hallow needle is used, it is said to only take 2 months (or less) to heal.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Please do not let anyone pierce you anywhere with a gun unless it is ear lobes. the gun is innapropriate for any other piercing. it can cause a lot of tissue damage. Ink wizard has a very nice piercer that has helped me out with some jewelry changes and such. Plus the place is very clean..which is a must.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I am looking for a place locally that does Helix piercings with a hallow needle. I already have 2 gun piercings and they have both finally healed (only took 7 months which I have heard is actually very good). However, if a hallow needle is used, it is said to only take 2 months (or less) to heal.

I had to look it up.... I have had my Helix for 20 years now. I don't think they used hollow when they did it and it healed just fine, never infected. Is the hollow a larger gauge?

Pandora

Please do not let anyone pierce you anywhere with a gun unless it is ear lobes. the gun is innapropriate for any other piercing. it can cause a lot of tissue damage. Ink wizard has a very nice piercer that has helped me out with some jewelry changes and such. Plus the place is very clean..which is a must.

I have already done the gun twice which, had I known more about it, I would have not done such a thing. But, I was one of the lucky ones. I had very little issues except it just hurt for MONTHS. When I did some additional research it seemed clear to me that using a gun prolonged the pain vs. using a hallow needle and I am lucky to not experience some of the other things that can go wrong with the gun method, such as bumps under the skin and nasty infections.

I will check out Ink Wizard. :cheers:

morningbell

hmmmmmm

:yay:

I really like Ink Wizard for piercings had my nose done there. Although I don't get anything pierced anymore and took my nose ring out years ago but I would recommend Ink Wizard because they are professional and very clean.

I am also done with tattoos but I have seen some beautiful work come out of there by Chris.

Last edited:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
piercing needles are the same gauge..but the gun uses extra pressure..which can be detrimental to the surrounding tissue. The needle is much better, is cleaner (the gun cannot be properly cleaned inside) and heals quicker. Def the way to go.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I have already done the gun twice which, had I known more about it, I would have not done such a thing. But, I was one of the lucky ones. I had very little issues except it just hurt for MONTHS. When I did some additional research it seemed clear to me that using a gun prolonged the pain vs. using a hallow needle and I am lucky to not experience some of the other things that can go wrong with the gun method, such as bumps under the skin and nasty infections.

I will check out Ink Wizard. :cheers:

Yay. I love piercings! Good luck..enjoy your new jewelry :)

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Have you gotten a rook piercing? That looks so painful. :lol: But they look cute with a tiny hoop.

So I guess I lied when I said I'm done with piercing.... I see the rook and I think I want that :blushing:

I have a big Pirate hoop in my helix, it's been there forever.

Pandora

So I guess I lied when I said I'm done with piercing.... I see the rook and I think I want that :blushing:

I have a big Pirate hoop in my helix, it's been there forever.

See my edit.... I included a diagram.

On my left ear, I have a 1, 2, 9 and above the 9 pieced. I want a 2nd 2 in the Helix area. Although I love the look of the 4 and 5, I am chicken shiat; perhaps after you have that baby we can hold each others hands and get it done. :yikes:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
See my edit.... I included a diagram.

On my left ear, I have a 1, 2, 9 and above the 9 pieced. I want a 2nd 2 in the Helix area. Although I love the look of the 4 and 5, I am chicken shiat; perhaps after you have that baby we can hold each others hands and get it done. :yikes:

:lmao:

Have no fear, I will hold your hand :dance: I'll get it done :biggrin:

I have two 9s on both and a 1 on my left. I can't remember how many have closed up over the years, of course having to get my parent's permission and lack of funds as a preteen/teen I just pierced them myself :suchabadass:

Pandora

:lmao:

Have no fear, I will hold your hand :dance: I'll get it done :biggrin:

I have two 9s on both and a 1 on my left. I can't remember how many have closed up over the years, of course having to get my parent's permission and lack of funds as a preteen/teen I just pierced them myself :suchabadass:

Oh, I did my 2nd #9 that way.... A needle, ice and a little a a a a a alcohol. :yay:

QueenB

It's not HaHa time....
I have 18 total piercings. Using the link in the other post.. my left ear has #1-3x, #5, #9-2x... and my right ear has #2, #3, #5, #9-2x. With the tragus, all I heard was a pop. I am wanting to go get the rook done on my other (left) ear. I love the idea of #4, #6, #7,and #8. But maybe just take them one at a time, and figure out which ear or even both. Not to mention the 14k gold jewelry for them gets a tad expensive. I have little gold hoops in all of them except the lobe piercings... I have used Ink Wizard for most of my piercings, and Doug has done majority of them, although I heard he is at the other shop up north. Either way was very happy with them and especially their new building...

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Pandora, any tattoo shop will piece with a hollow needle for the cartlidge. But be sure to be up front with them that is how you want it done.

HotPinkChicken

I had my helix done in 1997 at Claire's (or another mall shop) by a gun. Not long after I developed a keloid that lasted YEARS! Later I realized it was probably b/c of the gun. Since then I have had my tragus, tongue, eye brow, navel, and a "lady part" pierced. All of which has been done at Ink Wizard. They are highly recommended in my book. I have had NO PROBLEMS with them.

HotPinkChicken

BTW... everytime I get an inkling to get a new piercing, I spend the day watching videos of others getting it done on youtube. That way I can prepare myself better. (That's even how I decided AGAINST a piercing!)

Pandora

I have a tragus. It wasn't bad. Didn't exactly tickle.

How long did it take it to heal?

Poor HotPink :ohwell:

I saw a keloid on a piercing that went wrong on a guy and it looked like a giant testical. He ended up having it removed and it deformed his ear.

When I had my 1 and 2 pierced, they used a disposable gun... not that you cannot have issues with a disposable gun, but it does decrease the risk.

I want another Helix and I think I am going to get a Tragus and see if they will just do it at the same time! :biggrin: If ya gotta be in pain, might as well get what you want. And right now, the only holes I have issues with every-so-often is my 2nd number 9 on the left side. I now have tiny tree frogs ear rings in them that I hope will not cause irritation.