Helix piercings...

Pandora

Well, it is a done deal. I went to Ink Wizard, saw Mike today and he gave me the 2 piercings I wanted. I have to admit that it was FAR LESS painful that I expected, even tickled :whistle: a little bit. :biggrin:

I think since my 1st exposure was to a gun piercing, I found this to be a cake walk.

I got the Tragus and Helix in the right ear... My youngest even watched them do the piercings, while my husband picked out a tat then we went to the wine festival. :cheers:

The only thing I dislike is the ugly studs in it right now. They said wait 8 weeks before removing, but I have a feeling I am going to bow out and replace the Helix in a few weeks. Maybe, I will wait the 8 weeks on the Tragus, but it makes me wonder, how many people really wait the full 8 weeks before replacing?

Last edited:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Well, it is a done deal. I went to Ink Wizard, saw Mike today and he gave me the 2 piercings I wanted. I have to admit that it was FAR LESS painful that I expected, even tickled :whistle: a little bit. :biggrin:

I think since my 1st exposure was to a gun piercing, I found this to be a cake walk.

I got the Tragus and Helix in the right ear... My youngest even watched them do the piercings, while my husband picked out a tat then we went to the wine festival. :cheers:

The only thing I dislike is the ugly studs in it right now. They said wait 8 weeks before removing, but I have a feeling I am going to bow out and replace the Helix in a few weeks. Maybe, I will wait the 8 weeks on the Tragus, but it makes me wonder, how many people really wait the full 8 weeks before replacing?

ooh fun! I have a tragus..2 on each lobe..and an upper cartilage. fun stuff. The tragus wasnt bad at all huh? mine bled like a stuck pig though. weird. I want something new myself..il hafta check on it. BMEzine is a really good place to research peircings. they have pics and personal stories along with very good sound advice. remember to wash up.. before you touch em :)

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
oh yeah..and I always wait the appropriate amount of time before I change my jewelry..ear and body peircings. it sucks to wait..but it is better that way. avoids infection and scaring :)

Pandora

oh yeah..and I always wait the appropriate amount of time before I change my jewelry..ear and body peircings. it sucks to wait..but it is better that way. avoids infection and scaring :)

You know that isn't what I wanted to hear? :lol:

I am VERY surprised this doesn't hurt worse. I swear after I got the gun piercings I couldn't even TOUCH them without squeezing my toes together. That is when I went google crazy and learned I should have had it done with a needle.

I love the way these look!! :cheers: And I cannot wait to put something prettier in these holes. Thanksgiving is my target! :yay:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
There is nothing more fun than picking out new jewelry! Some people are emotional eaters..I am an emotional piercer and jewelry changer :killingme

Pandora

:twitch: Some of those just look plain wrong. I think I'll stick with my 2 holes per lobe. :lmao:

My youngest son called these piercings my mid-life crisis. The nerve... :rolleyes: And at Ink Wizard he said, "look, now dad is picking out his mid-life crisis tattoo." :lol: My husband is Shawnee Indian so he is looking to get something along the line of his heritage. My son is pestering for consent as soon as he turns 16, and his father intends to give it... our son wants a tattoo referencing his heritage.

Pandora

There is nothing more fun than picking out new jewelry! Some people are emotional eaters..I am an emotional piercer and jewelry changer :killingme

Girl... me too... I am an addict when it comes to earrings. :lol: I swear I just might be in the top 5 on this forum as having the most earrings. I just love 'em and I am especially fond of butterflies..... :cheers:

lisa8439

PLEASE wait!! I had one done about 10 years ago (looking at that diagram, looks like the 'tragus') and I changed it after a month for the SAME reasons you want to... UGLY stud - I developed this bump (keloid I guess?) and I ended up having to take the piercing out because it got too painful. I never replaced it and I STILL have that stupid bump there!

It sucks to wait - but it's really not that long. Just flip some hair in front of it if it bothers you that bad until it heals enough to put some pretty jewelry in.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
OOh and I forgot to mention..if you suspect your piercing is infected..and it happens on the ear because of phones..hair etc..DO NOT take it out. i always remind people of this when they get piercings because many people believe that taking it out is what you are supposed to do. it Isnt. Removing the jewelry allows the skin to heal over the infection making a small problem..a larger problem. If you suspect an infection simply clean with a little diluted antibacterial soap..like dial hand soap. then continue with the sea salt soaks..that takes core of it 9 times outta ten. if you take the jewelry out it can cause an abscess..and that is no fun. I have had people not listen to my advice and end up with a huge problem. so fyi to all safe and happy piercings :)

lisa8439

if you take the jewelry out it can cause an abscess..and that is no fun. I have had people not listen to my advice and end up with a huge problem. so fyi to all safe and happy piercings :)

yep - what I did. I'm pretty sure it was a little infected when I took the jewelry out to change it, resulting in the 'bump' - then it was just too painful to keep anything IN once I had taken it out.

I paid for that myself, sucked to see that $$ down the drain at 20! LOL

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
When I got a Helix piercing back when I was a teen, we called it a "cow tag". :lol: I recently met a lady with a lot of those piercings listed in the posted diagram. I wonder if one of you ladies is her??? If so.. :howdy: Rita! Nice meeting you at Larry and Pam's!!

I've since let all my ear piercings close up ( I had 3 on each lobe and then 1 cow tag).

Pandora

When I got a Helix piercing back when I was a teen, we called it a "cow tag". :lol: I recently met a lady with a lot of those piercings listed in the posted diagram. I wonder if one of you ladies is her??? If so.. :howdy: Rita! Nice meeting you at Larry and Pam's!!

I've since let all my ear piercings close up ( I had 3 on each lobe and then 1 cow tag).

It wasn't me.. I ended up taking my Tragus piercing out after getting knocked around on a ride at Kings Dominion. It ended up swelling, badly, but it has since healed. I will not be getting it done again. I still have the others.... I like 'em. :lol:

HotPinkChicken

I got the tragus done in June and he put in a silver hoop. When I went back in at the end of August for my tongue I had him switch the silver hoop out for a gold one. It bled pretty bad and that b!+*h hurt worse than the tongue!!