Hello from the USS Kitty Hawk!

T

tikipirate

BZ CV63!!!

From PMA201, PMA259 and PMA265.

Bombs, missiles, and Hornets.

RangerJohn

How is the ol' BATTLE CAT these days anyway? I did a tour on CV 63 after decommissioning USS Ranger (CV-"BY GOD" -61).

Deepseadiver

The "Old Battle Cat" is pretty hot at the moment, because we are near the equator. This is the last "summer cruise" for the ship. It will be decomissoned next year. So I am glad to a part of history. It is the last steam powered carrier. Sydney, and Brisbane were a balst!

RangerJohn

I've made the trip around the "Great Australian Bite" from Perth to Sydney...I'm in the Tidewater area....helping the GW get ready to relieve the Battle Cat. Too bad you don't get stops in Subic Bay and Phukett Thailand....(I'd share some sea-stories...but this IS a G-rated forum!)

Enjoy the ride...it isn't often you get to take part of a Final Cruise....

gwa

How is the Kitty and CAG -5 doing? great to hear from ya. I was in CAG -5 from 95-04. Kitty's last cruise isn't it?

smoothmarine187

Deepseadiver said:
wow! what a warm welcome, thanks! Yes I am a Navy Diver and it is the last cruse for the Kitty Hawk. Next stop GUAM!

Just watch out, these bastards in here will back door you faster than one of your rack mates. :lol:

bcp

In My Opinion
Thats one old ship.
I did some work on the computer systems on that ship back in 1981, it seemed old then.

and, welcome.