Hello from the USS Kitty Hawk!

Agee

bcp said:
Thats one old ship.
I did some work on the computer systems on that ship back in 1981, it seemed old then.

and, welcome.

:yeahthat:

But I worked on her comm gear. Ditto on the welcome! :cheers:

D

Dixie

I remember the Kitty Hawk when it was in the yard in Philly at the same time as the Constellation and the guys from both ships constantly fighting with each other. Good times, fond memories.

Michael Delaney

Porsche 917K
Near the equator. Are you a wog or a Shellback? Are ya going to cross the equator?

Deepseadiver said:
The "Old Battle Cat" is pretty hot at the moment, because we are near the equator. This is the last "summer cruise" for the ship. It will be decomissoned next year. So I am glad to a part of history. It is the last steam powered carrier. Sydney, and Brisbane were a balst!

Deepseadiver

Michael Delaney said:
Near the equator. Are you a wog or a Shellback? Are ya going to cross the equator?

I was a wog when I left Japan! But now we are on the way back so I am a Shellback. The iniation was pretty lame! I guess back in the day, or the 80's it was a lot of fun! Now it's just a lot of screaming and yealling!

Michael Delaney

Porsche 917K
Well, Congratulations Shellback!

I went across on the Nimitz in 91, and I tell ya, the initiation was real enough to call myself a Shellback too.

Deepseadiver said:
I was a wog when I left Japan! But now we are on the way back so I am a Shellback. The iniation was pretty lame! I guess back in the day, or the 80's it was a lot of fun! Now it's just a lot of screaming and yealling!

Agee

Deepseadiver said:

Thank-You sir may I have another!

Attachments

• sb1.jpg
    sb1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 70
  • sb9.jpg
    sb9.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 80

bcp

In My Opinion
Michael Delaney said:
Well, Congratulations Shellback!

I went across on the Nimitz in 91, and I tell ya, the initiation was real enough to call myself a Shellback too.
you just aint lived till you suck a grape out of a fat mans belly button. :shocking:

and pushing the peanut around the ship with ones nose is always a delightful way to spend the 120% day as the heat relfects off of the deck thus burning your face beyond recognition.