Hello Southern Maryland!

P

PeaceBabe

Pete said:
:howdy: Might I ponder to guess you don't vote Republican very often? Either way I like it here too.

Actually, I vote a little bit of Republican and a little bit of Democrat. I'm not real political, I just try and do the best that I can myself for my community and it's people. I almost forgot how politics is almost like a religion in Southern Maryland. LOL

BuddyLee

Football addict
PeaceBabe said:
I always think fondly on my time spent there, it's a beautiful place loaded with so much history.

Yes it is. I love the church/cemetery/over looking the water look. Welcome and enjoy. :flowers:

mwiggi1

Ive Been To Alaska

Hello PB:

I have had the opportunity of visiting Alaska. I enjoyed the visit. The fact of day light at 11pm would take a lot of getting use to. I was actually driving and was like were is everyone, then realized that they were probably sleep.

Also my X-girlfriend lived in Alaska for a year and a half. She went to Job Corp in Fairbanks.

Glad you had the opportunity to come here to St. Mary's.

Take it easy,

:getdown:

Mars

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
my honey says the mooses are VERY tall and not very shy in alaska. he also tells me i ain't cold here in winter if you've been to the big A, when i nag about how cold i am....
he has family there, in anchorage. his cousin is a dental tech...kathie is her name. she has lots of kids, all born in the fall...so i guess it IS cold there in winter.

Steve

Enjoying life!
PeaceBabe, what did you study at SMC? I was there the same time you were. Its a small campus so maybe we met? :shrug:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:howdy: HI PeaceBabe, I was stationed in the military at a radar facility, approx 25mi NE from Fairbanks known as Murphy Dome AFS.
We had a highway into the city, and would visit Fairbanks pretty much every weekend.
You're right, a beautiful place all around that area, cold as you-know-what in the winter months, but gorgeous in the spring and summer.

The Moose? Unless you have seen one up close, like in the middle of the road, 20-30 feet ahead of you, you have no idea of the enormity of the animal. Fearless, heck yeah; they're the biggest darn critter in the region!
We heard stories about how they would charge the railroad trains, when they were out grazing!

"Mr. Roberts, this is MY neighborhood!"

But the BUGS!! They would eat you alive if you left skin exposed, and no insect repellent on those bare parts.

Welcome to our foodfight factory!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
penncam said:
The Moose? Unless you have seen one up close, like in the middle of the road, 20-30 feet ahead of you, you have no idea of the enormity of the animal. Fearless, heck yeah; they're the biggest darn critter in the region!
We heard stories about how they would charge the railroad trains, when they were out grazing!

Yep he said he figured his hummer would drive right under one if he tried, which he didn't :lmao: she had a baby with her....
BRRR i'm a weenie. NO big 'A' for ME.