Help for Drug Addiction

jrtime

JRTIME
It is very important that the family come together and decide as a family that enough is enough. No more enabling. My rock bottom was losing my children and my family altogether. Rock bottom is defined by the drug user. But cutting yourself off from the addict is step one for you and the addict. There is a huge sense of shame and loss when the addict realizes that his or her family is no longer willing to do anything for them. My mom and dad changed the locks on the door and that did it for me. I was no longer welcome in my parents home. At that moment I was in a state of panic, kinda like a small child who has gotten lost at the mall and can't find mom. It was a helpless, hopeless feeling. I got back in my car and just wept. I knew what I had to do and was ready to do it. I drove myself to a rehab center with nothing but what I was wearing and had no money at all. I just went and was admitted into treatment. My fist concern was how I was gonna pay for it. My worries were quickley gone when the nurse told me she called my dad. She told me my dad was taking care of it and she said my dad cried tears of joy because he knew I would be OK. I cry just thinking about it. Good luck and I know it's hard on family but together you have to take a stand against the addict. It's now or never!!!!

We have stopped doing anything for them, but that in no way alleviates the fear and worry
that we feel regarding their overall well-being. What do you do if you have no money, no car, no friends except the pushers ? Pretty scary ordeal if you ask me.

RobbinDodd

We have stopped doing anything for them, but that in no way alleviates the fear and worry
that we feel regarding their overall well-being. What do you do if you have no money, no car, no friends except the pushers ? Pretty scary ordeal if you ask me.

Well the ball is in their court. Your drug friends will not help. That's why I found myself homeless. Sure you're gonna worry but do not give in at all. No contact, no money, no free meals. What you(addict) do is pick a path. Get help and have a future or live the rest of your life knowing you let down all the people that love you. I knew in the back of my mind that I was not living right and needed to find my way out and back to the real world. I knew it for a long time. An addict is dependent on that drug just for daily function. Addiction is a disease and the drug acts like a cold medicine. Numbs the symptoms but does nothing for the cure. What the family needs to do is to educate themselves on addiction and the drug or drugs being used. I can't imagine what I put my family through. My parents knew that my rock bottom was my daughters. I worked hard and sent them to daycare and school. I was on top of things even at my worst with Meth. My girls are my everything and I knew I had to them first and to do that I had to be well. I am 33 now with a 3rd daughter who is three. My other two girls are 13 and 10 and I am proud of all of them. I have been married for 5 years to my best friend of 10 years. I wake up everyday only to discover life just gets better. I have spent the last 7 years of sober living enjoying me, my family, my kids and husband. I only wish that your loved one find this kind of peace and to ease your burden.

jrtime

Thank you so much for your detailed explanations. I just hope my loved one can find the same level of courage that you have, and re-focus their life accordingly.

PrepH4U

Thank you so much for your detailed explanations. I just hope my loved one can find the same level of courage that you have, and re-focus their life accordingly.

Jr Good luck & stay strong! :flowers:
Robin awesome job with becoming clean and you shared such wonderful advice. :clap: