Help Injured Hawk

Robin

In the past he has been on the ground for a couple days and the parents watch him/her. He might not be strong enough to fly yet.

Robin

If its the same family baby usually hangs by the ring, your garage, and the apple tree by the run in. Just have to watch Bear. Shelby dont mess with them.
Looks the same

Katelin

one day the dark will end
I have left Mary Martin a phone message thanks

:yahoo: I work with Mary and pick up/transport birds of prey for her...hehehe...I am so tickeld she was off from work to help the hawk!
She is awesome and only one of 2 rehabbers in all of St. Marys County!!

Great work in rescuing and containing the hawk!:buddies:
Looks like a juvenile red tail.

OK...back to feeding babies....:howdy:

Robin

Mary will be able to tell you. I dont believe its hurt. Just learning to fly and get strength. Usually was only on the ground a couple days.

jwilley

Walker
Mary will be able to tell you. I dont believe its hurt. Just learning to fly and get strength. Usually was only on the ground a couple days.

Mary & Katelin just left with Melvin and say he/she is a juvenile red tail. They will transport him to Virginia or Delaware for evaluation & treatment if needed. He was underweight and maybe has a parasite issue. Really don't know maybe a head injury. Well he/she is in good hands now and God bless you both Mary & Katelin for what you do!! and for everyones help and suport here on the forums....:yahoo: It was so awesome I got to pet Melvin before he left!!

Katelin

Mary & Katelin just left with Melvin and say he/she is a juvenile red tail. They will transport him to Virginia or Delaware for evaluation & treatment if needed. He was underweight and maybe has a parasite issue. Really don't know maybe a head injury. Well he/she is in good hands now and God bless you both Mary & Katelin for what you do!! and for everyones help and suport here on the forums....:yahoo: It was so awesome I got to pet Melvin before he left!!

Please take note..Katelin is Mary's summer intern....not me ( Katelin Calvert County)

All of the rehabbers in Maryland are volunteers and do not get paid for the work of saving widlife.
All the time, medicine, food, that Mary will put into saving that hawk, with the goal to later release it, comes out of her nearly empty pockets!

(rehabbers are always poor this time of year...)

We all rely strictly on donations!!!

If you wish to send a donation to Mary to help with this hawk, and all the great work she does:

This is the name of her (501)c 3 Non Profit group:

BACK TO THE WILKD RESCUE & REHAB
44029 SAINT ANDREWS CHURCH RD
CALIFORNIA, MD
20619-2149.

Thank you SOMD Forum for coming together, networking, to save yet another wild animal!!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Last edited:

Robin

:smoochy: That is awesome! Mary is the bomb! Kudos to katelin. Cherish that moment Jwilley

jwilley

Walker
QUOTE=cattitude;3901083]:yay: Good wishes for Melvin.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.. we hope to be able to get updates I'll be keeping in touch with Mary..:high5:

jwilley

Walker
Please take note..Katelin is Mary's summer intern....not me ( Katelin Calvert County)

All of the rehabbers in Maryland are volunteers and do not get paid for the work of saving widlife.
All the time, medicine, food, that Mary will put into saving that hawk, with the goal to later release it, comes out of her nearly empty pockets!

(rehabbers are always poor this time of year...)

We all rely strictly on donations!!!

If you wish to send a donation to Mary to help with this hawk, and all the great work she does:

This is the name of her (501)c 3 Non Profit group:

BACK TO THE WILKD RESCUE & REHAB
44029 SAINT ANDREWS CHURCH RD
CALIFORNIA, MD
20619-2149.

Thank you SOMD Forum for coming together, networking, to save yet another wild animal!!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Got it Katelin....thank you also for all your hard work!! I truly pray Melvin will have a long life and I have to say what a great experience to be able to get him in caring helpful hands and to be able to touch and see up close such a beautiful bird:howdy:

Katelin

Got it Katelin....thank you also for all your hard work!! I truly pray Melvin will have a long life and I have to say what a great experience to be able to get him in caring helpful hands and to be able to touch and see up close such a beautiful bird:howdy:

Thank you! I just found my cell and got your message...
I need to put a message to call the house...and if no reply then my cell...

FYI:
If anyone needs to reach me:
Katelin Welles. Rehabber:
Calvert County:
Home: 410-535-2998

If I do not answer, message will give you my cell number!

And Jwilly, I am sure you will be able to visit your hawk in the future!

Mary and Katie will take good care of him (her?).

Thanks to all!!:howdy:

jwilley

Walker
Oh I don't want to forget to also Thank John for all is assistance this morning getting me in touch with Mary.......You all are awesome!

smedrickson

Hawk Update

Just wanted to let you know the hawk is feeling much better. X-rays revealed that there is a break in the right wing which has already begun to heal. He is eating over a dozen mice per day now and gaining weight rapidly. He is receiving antibiotics, probiotics and vitamins. We will transport him to a facility which has a large flight cage when he's ready to attempt flying again. He will need to be placed in a flight cage large enough to allow him to fly and catch live food. He will no be released unless he is capable of hunting and capturing prey, otherwise he would die a slow and painful death from starvation. If he can't manage on his own, we will make every effort to place him as an educational bird or as a surragate parent with a licensed facility. Thanks for caring enough to get him help. Take care, Mary

jwilley

Walker
Just wanted to let you know the hawk is feeling much better. X-rays revealed that there is a break in the right wing which has already begun to heal. He is eating over a dozen mice per day now and gaining weight rapidly. He is receiving antibiotics, probiotics and vitamins. We will transport him to a facility which has a large flight cage when he's ready to attempt flying again. He will need to be placed in a flight cage large enough to allow him to fly and catch live food. He will no be released unless he is capable of hunting and capturing prey, otherwise he would die a slow and painful death from starvation. If he can't manage on his own, we will make every effort to place him as an educational bird or as a surragate parent with a licensed facility. Thanks for caring enough to get him help. Take care, Mary

Mary thanks for the update...I was thinking about calling you today...Great news that he has a healthy appetite Thanks for all you do lady!!:yahoo: