HELP NEEDED! 72 HORSES TO BE RESCUED TUESDAY Dec. 5th WASH. CO. MD! HELP NEEDED

aceyswan

Assistance or Foster's Needed!

72 HORSES are going to be rescued on Tuesday in Washington Co. Maryland.

They are in need of trailers, horse people, and probably foster homes.
There are stallions, pregnant mares, & others ...

PLEASE if you can help or pass the word to people who don't read this board, please do....!!!!

Contact info below if you can HELP !!
Freedom Hill Rescue - http://www.freedomhillrescue.org - Owings, MD - 410-474-7662 - poniesonly@yahoo.com
Fresh Meadows Farm - Huntingtown, MD - 410-535-9700

THANK YOU !!!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
With slaughter houses closed down we will see alot more of this..out west there is already a HUGE problem there are lots of horses that people have "set free" to starve to death...They really should have thought about this. PETA people beware you might have done an injustice to the horse. By making it a "pet" and not livestock there will be alot of suffering. Think about what would happen if the cows were put as "pets" and all beef related slaughter houses closed down. People better plan on being responsible for what they own. I wish they would make mandatory permanent markings so these horses can be traced back to their legal owners and prosecuted.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I will call Dr Molesworth and see what I can do to help...probably NOT much when looking at 75 horses...good luck to them.

boatdoctor

in the engine room
Wish I could help. I have the capabilities and the space at the farm to take care of a horse but its just not enough time for me to get it all ready. :howdy:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Trailer is hooked up and ready to go...anyone want to go? :popcorn: OK - how far is it? Got to get a map...

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
aceyswan said:
I think she said its near the MD/PA border...

I should be able to go post particulars when you can...will these be in holding until a court date?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Funny everyone thinks different

(green) HELP NEEDED! 72 HORSES ... 12-03-2006 09:17 AM I agree 100%! -name witheld
(red) HELP NEEDED! 72 HORSES ... 12-03-2006 08:26 AM the size of your ignornace is astonishing

aceyswan

Pasofever said:
Funny everyone thinks different

(green) HELP NEEDED! 72 HORSES ... 12-03-2006 09:17 AM I agree 100%! -name witheld
(red) HELP NEEDED! 72 HORSES ... 12-03-2006 08:26 AM the size of your ignornace is astonishing

Not sure what all THAT means.......

If you want to know more about this - - just call the numbers, or e-mail's provided.

I have NO particulars.... I was just the messenger... I told them I would post it to this board and try to find some help for them... and that's what I have done.

fredsaid2

Link to a news clip:

Alleged Horse Hoarding

The owner is a nurse and has a degree in animal husbandry. What makes an apparently intelligent woman choose to bring 72 horses to a 35 acre farm and think she can take care of them alone? Do you think it’s a form of mental illness, pet hoarding, or well intentions snowballing out of control?

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Now that there is regonal attention I'm sure that they will have an abudance of help. It was on the TV news this morning also. :yay:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
boatdoctor said:
Wish I could help. I have the capabilities and the space at the farm to take care of a horse but its just not enough time for me to get it all ready. :howdy:

What would you need to make some room for a few??

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?

Attachments

• 54547.jpg
    54547.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 93

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
bresamil said:
That pic is really upsetting.

YES was to me too and stuff like that does not usually upset me...looks bad...leg is stuck and I do not like the angle of the neck...sad..

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
To all interested parties, the following request was put out by Days End
Farm Horse Rescue:

Days End Farm Horse Rescue (Lisbon, MD) currently has 20 horses that
have been brought to their farm from an animal control case in
Washington County. Washington County Animal Control is looking for
housing for an additional 40 horses. Best case scenario is one place to
put them all. Should not be with other horses as no vaccinations or
coggins have been given/taken.
Most are stallions or pregnant mares or
the babies. The current animal holders are willing to lease property if
available.

Does me out..I have pregnant mares and babies here myself...

Contact Kathy Schwartz if you are able to assist in any way (ie
facility, donations, volunteers, etc.).
Kathleen Schwartz, Exec. Director
Days End Farm Horse Rescue
15856 Frederick Road
P.O. Box 309
Lisbon, MD 21765-0309
Ph: 301-854-5037, Fax: 301-854-5146
www.daysendfarm.org
"Protection for Horses....Education for People"

GallopNTec

Pasofever said:
NewsBusiness NewsSports News Entertainment NewsWeatherElections 2006Government GuideNationPoliticsWorldCrimeHealthScienceLotteriesNews QuizMost PopularEn Español

Updated:2006-12-04 15:12:34
Sick and Dying Horses Found on Maryland Farm
By DAVID DISHNEAU
AP
SHARPSBURG, Md. (Dec. 4) - Animal control authorities have seized a 35-acre farm, saying they found dozens of horses dead or dying from illness and maltreatment.

No charges had been filed against the owner of the farm, but authorities were treating the property as a crime scene, said Paul Miller, executive director of the Humane Society.

Authorities were sent on Saturday to investigate reports of a dead horse at Windrinker Farm, near the Antietam National Battlefield. They found more than 70 horses in various stages of poor health, plus the mostly skeletal remains of at least five other horses.

About 20 of the horses were sent to facilities throughout the region for further care, and one of them later died, said Miller, who also serves as a Howard County animal control officer.

Windrinker Farm owner Barbara P. Reinken, 61, denied mistreating the horses but conceded she had more than she could handle.

"The only thing I had wrong, I had too many horses, that's all," Reinken, a registered nurse, told The Associated Press Sunday.

Neighbors told the AP that dozens of horses at a time would sometimes get loose and graze in yards, fields and orchards. Bonnie Holmes said she called the Humane Society last month when as many as 30 horses got out.

"I'm so happy to see they're being taken out of here," Holmes said.

Miller said investigators found little feed on the farm except pasture, and volunteers brought in bales of hay for the horses.

UN F ING BELIEVABLE!
I am speechless..

SoftballCrazy

GallopNTec said:
NewsBusiness NewsSports News Entertainment NewsWeatherElections 2006Government GuideNationPoliticsWorldCrimeHealthScienceLotteriesNews QuizMost PopularEn Español

UN F ING BELIEVABLE!
I am speechless..
Totally unbelievable...How sad...Wonder how the horse in the pic w/ the portable fencing made out...