help please wildlife rescue person

DPA469

You can't just take a dog to a odedience class once and expect it to last a lifetime. And you can't blame the trainer that your dog does not listen. Training a dog NEVER ends. If you can't control your dog and do not feel like taking care of it on a day to day basis you should not own one. I also like the people whos dogs growl at people when taken out in public but yet they keep taking them out. It's like they think it's cool and almost brag about it. It's NEVER EVER the owners fault why their dog acts the way it does, ALWAYS someone elses fault. Hello............the dog is smarter than you!!! It has figured out how to control you. Some people are not capable mentally of taking care of animals properly

FOLKS WE HAVE A WINNER HERE!
Well said! I saw a bunny this morning and thought I should have it removed because the neighborhood kids may get it. :shrug:

DPA469

thanks for your advice but its not going to work the rabbits have to go. or they will be dead by a dog who kills them. I have tried to keep her away from previous nests and it is not as easy as it sounds. Bruno came from a hunting family when i got her and shes got the instincts in her to hunt rabbits squirrels and other living creatures of nature. I didn't ask for you all to tell me what to do or not do. I asked for a wildlife persons name and number that is it and I got some help from a very nice forumite. I don't plan to say anymore in this thread.

You really are this clueless! This is a working breed silly, not a hunting breed. You have no clue what you are talking about because most dogs will go after anything that moves. It's not that its a hunting dog, its she sees something move and goes after it.
I have attatched a link for you to maybe learn what type of breed you have.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Bernard_(dog)
We all hope you get a clue and get control of your dog soon. It needs a strong leader, and that you are not.

Good Luck, maybe the wildlife people can remove ALL wildlife from where you live?

TurboK9

You can't just take a dog to a odedience class once and expect it to last a lifetime. And you can't blame the trainer that your dog does not listen. Training a dog NEVER ends. If you can't control your dog and do not feel like taking care of it on a day to day basis you should not own one. I also like the people whos dogs growl at people when taken out in public but yet they keep taking them out. It's like they think it's cool and almost brag about it. It's NEVER EVER the owners fault why their dog acts the way it does, ALWAYS someone elses fault. Hello............the dog is smarter than you!!! It has figured out how to control you. Some people are not capable mentally of taking care of animals properly

:yeahthat:

:love:

Dang right. I've always believed the owner should be held legally responsible for their dog's actions... criminally in cases of unprovoked attacks... Assault by negligience is not so different from assault by intent...

But of course we can't correct dangerous or potentially dangerous behavior... we have to LOVE the dog out of it. Forget that you may be loving the dog straight to a lawsuit and euthaniasia... Or straight under a Mack Truck... Or case of rabies..... etc.

But back to the bunnies...

If you simply must remove these super destructive baby bunnies from your property, you need to call a wildlife removal service... Not a rescue group. Don't tie up their resources by having them take in animals that only need help because you want them gone. They'll do fine if you leave 'em alone. If you have to, call a service to come relocate them, and have your wallet open.

TurboK9

You really are this clueless! This is a working breed silly, not a hunting breed. You have no clue what you are talking about because most dogs will go after anything that moves. It's not that its a hunting dog, its she sees something move and goes after it.
I have attatched a link for you to maybe learn what type of breed you have.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Bernard_(dog)
We all hope you get a clue and get control of your dog soon. It needs a strong leader, and that you are not.

Good Luck, maybe the wildlife people can remove ALL wildlife from where you live?

Yup yup. Called Prey Drive. Every dog has it, just in varying levels. The instinct to focus on, chase after, and take in the mouth, a prey object... be it bunny, squirrel, cat, tennis ball.... It's not "hunting" or "aggression"... it's actually more akin to play. A dog that runs after a ball or fetches a stick and brings it back is working in 'prey'. Notice they are not 'hunting' the ball or stick.

Prey is typically the drive capitalized upon in training, whenever baiting with a toy or tug etc or reward with a non-food item. Prey is also the drive that herders work under, ipso why Border Collies a Malinois A) Have uber high prey drive B) are easy easy to train.

Prey is easy to control by focusing the dogs aqttention upon the handler in periods/areas/events of high prey type stimulation.

DPA469

Yup yup. Called Prey Drive. Every dog has it, just in varying levels. The instinct to focus on, chase after, and take in the mouth, a prey object... be it bunny, squirrel, cat, tennis ball.... It's not "hunting" or "aggression"... it's actually more akin to play. A dog that runs after a ball or fetches a stick and brings it back is working in 'prey'. Notice they are not 'hunting' the ball or stick.

Prey is typically the drive capitalized upon in training, whenever baiting with a toy or tug etc or reward with a non-food item. Prey is also the drive that herders work under, ipso why Border Collies a Malinois A) Have uber high prey drive B) are easy easy to train.

Prey is easy to control by focusing the dogs aqttention upon the handler in periods/areas/events of high prey type stimulation.

I was not gonna use the word PREY because she would assume it was talking about hunting.

:love:

Roxie04

My mastiff has a very high prey drive wich is totally different than my older mastiff. If a butterfly goes by she if after it. She is obsessed with the ball..will go after it no many how many times you throw it. My other mastiff watches you throw the ball and is like if you want it you better go get it cause i don't feel like getting up. But i was amazed with the younger one that by the end of obedience class when she was in a down stay i could bounce the ball and she would not move. My big challange is flashes of light. She will try to climb to the ceiling to get to a light if i let her. I am in the process now of breaking her of that. Has not been easy but we are making progress.

TurboK9

My mastiff has a very high prey drive wich is totally different than my older mastiff. If a butterfly goes by she if after it. She is obsessed with the ball..will go after it no many how many times you throw it. My other mastiff watches you throw the ball and is like if you want it you better go get it cause i don't feel like getting up. But i was amazed with the younger one that by the end of obedience class when she was in a down stay i could bounce the ball and she would not move. My big challange is flashes of light. She will try to climb to the ceiling to get to a light if i let her. I am in the process now of breaking her of that. Has not been easy but we are making progress.

I used to conduct classes where we would all put our dogs in a down in a biiiig circle. Then we would play soccer, or various games involving tennis balls. If a dog got up they were reprimanded and brought back to their original position. After a fashion, the dogs would just lie there and stare. :) It was very fun though, when a 'newbie' dog would suddenly break his down and tear into the group chasing the ball... poor newbie handlers, soooo embarassed.... :)

Last edited:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

U should have someone come and remove ALL butterflies! Problem solved. :yay: :huggy: send check next week!

TurboK9

I have deer that my dogs bark at, problem is then they forget that they were out there to go potty. Any suggestions? :whistle:

Move your fence ouward to the deer are kept at least 1/2 mile from the house. Then, the dogs should poop before they notice the deer outside the fence. I'm sure your neibors will be fine with this, as it should help their dogs poo outside too. You could get the entire neighborhhod to fence in a huge "deer exclusion zone".

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I have deer that my dogs bark at, problem is then they forget that they were out there to go potty. Any suggestions? :whistle:

Shoot the deer, freeze it ... you and your dogs have dinner!! :yay:

or maybe you can make a thread to have wildlife come and remove all deer from your area :jet::killingme:buddies:

PrepH4U

Move your fence ouward to the deer are kept at least 1/2 mile from the house. Then, the dogs should poop before they notice the deer outside the fence. I'm sure your neibors will be fine with this, as it should help their dogs poo outside too. You could get the entire neighborhhod to fence in a huge "deer exclusion zone".

Shoot the deer, freeze it ... you and your dogs have dinner!! :yay:

or maybe you can make a thread to have wildlife come and remove all deer from your area :jet::killingme:buddies:

Great ideas! Thanks guys! :buddies:

J

jp2854

someone needs to learn how to spell its neighbors not neibors.

DPA469

someone needs to learn how to spell its neighbors not neibors.
PHSSSSSH
Who cares! Fast typing can lead to this. But at least he can handle his dawgs and train them correctly!
And they listen, also they see him as the leader.
Please follow your advice and not say anymore in this post. TYVM
:coffee:

DPA469

:killingme
So are the bunnies gone? Have they been rescused from your cujo? :lol:

You know Prep! If she had a brain she would just let her dog eat them and maybe figure out her dog is not allerigic to rabbit and enjoys a raw fed meal?
:killingme
You know, since her St. Bernard is the great hunter of all times!