Deplorable
PREMO Member

Attachments

• Henry Golden Boy Rimfire Rifles.jpg
    Henry Golden Boy Rimfire Rifles.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 113

b23hqb

PREMO Member
That would be a fun plinking gun for kids and adults, for sure. I recently picked up a Marlin .45/70 Government lever action cowboy style. What a hoot and packs a real wallop. That's why the buffalo herd in North America was nearly exterminated.

i picked the Marlin over Henry - same gun except the Henry had the brass plates vs black for the Marlin, and the Marlin was $120 less expensive, and overall a better, more reliable gun.

Henry is the name in cowboy rifles, though.

nutz

That would be a fun plinking gun for kids and adults, for sure. I recently picked up a Marlin .45/70 Government lever action cowboy style. What a hoot and packs a real wallop. That's why the buffalo herd in North America was nearly exterminated.

i picked the Marlin over Henry - same gun except the Henry had the brass plates vs black for the Marlin, and the Marlin was $120 less expensive, and overall a better, more reliable gun.

Henry is the name in cowboy rifles, though.

A plain Henry in .45/70 (H010) retails for 799.95 and is made by Henry. A Remington/Marlin has not yet proven itself to be a better, more reliable gun (IMO).

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My youngest son's best buddy got one of those .22 Henry's for Christmas..the same year that my son (then 14) got his 30-30 Marlin for Christmas.

So naturally, his buddy soon got a 30-30 and my son soon got a .22. :buddies:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
A plain Henry in .45/70 (H010) retails for 799.95 and is made by Henry. A Remington/Marlin has not yet proven itself to be a better, more reliable gun (IMO).

Yeah, we can do that. Like a Ford/Chevy thing. Both are good.

Henry has been around for 10 years longer (1860 vs 1870), but a 153 years vs 143 years in repeating rifles doesn't mean squat when it comes to which is better/more reliable.

Like cars and electronics, it is a personal preference, and with all things being equal, for a fun, plinking gun, $120 sways me.:buddies:

Vince

Got the Henry Big Boy in a .44 a few years ago. Shoots great. With iron sights you can put it on target at 100 yards.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Better hurry up before the folks in Annapolis find out the word "Repeating" is in the name.
I have a Marlin 336 lever action in 30-30. One of the best rifles I've shot. Never had problem.

:buddies:

nutz

Yeah, we can do that. Like a Ford/Chevy thing. Both are good.

Henry has been around for 10 years longer (1860 vs 1870), but a 153 years vs 143 years in repeating rifles doesn't mean squat when it comes to which is better/more reliable.

Like cars and electronics, it is a personal preference, and with all things being equal, for a fun, plinking gun, $120 sways me.:buddies:

Yep, no problem. As long as we can agree that the new model Marlins date back to 2007 and not 1870.

Gunmaker Remington to buy Marlin Firearms - USATODAY.com

smilin

BOXER NATION
As long as we agree that today's Henry Repeating Rifles date back to ...... 1993:

"In 1973, Louis Imperato bought the firearms company of Iver Johnson and began making commercial versions of the M1 carbine. In 1993, Imperato started a factory in his native Brooklyn to manufacture .22 caliber rifles under the newly recreated name[4] of the Henry Repeating Arms Co. which were manufactured in Brooklyn, New York, but are now manufactured in Bayonne, New Jersey. The current company has no actual association with either the New Haven Arms Company, which manufactured the original Henry rifles and was later renamed the Winchester Repeating Arms Company in 1866, or to Benjamin Tyler Henry, its inventor, and not to be confused with the original Henry rifles,[4] does not produce the Civil War period firearm that this article defines at this time, but will be releasing a tribute rifle that is almost exactly like the original 1860 Henry, chambered in .44-40 Winchester, due to be released 2013–14. It currently produces lever action rifles that are more akin to later Marlin types. All Henry Repeating Arms products and parts are manufactured in the U.S.A.
Louis Imperato, Chairman of Henry Repeating Arms, passed away on November 28, 2007."

Henry rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

nutz

As long as we agree that today's Henry Repeating Rifles date back to ...... 1993:

"In 1973, Louis Imperato bought the firearms company of Iver Johnson and began making commercial versions of the M1 carbine. In 1993, Imperato started a factory in his native Brooklyn to manufacture .22 caliber rifles under the newly recreated name[4] of the Henry Repeating Arms Co. which were manufactured in Brooklyn, New York, but are now manufactured in Bayonne, New Jersey. The current company has no actual association with either the New Haven Arms Company, which manufactured the original Henry rifles and was later renamed the Winchester Repeating Arms Company in 1866, or to Benjamin Tyler Henry, its inventor, and not to be confused with the original Henry rifles,[4] does not produce the Civil War period firearm that this article defines at this time, but will be releasing a tribute rifle that is almost exactly like the original 1860 Henry, chambered in .44-40 Winchester, due to be released 2013–14. It currently produces lever action rifles that are more akin to later Marlin types. All Henry Repeating Arms products and parts are manufactured in the U.S.A.
Louis Imperato, Chairman of Henry Repeating Arms, passed away on November 28, 2007."

Henry rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Absolutely, thanks for pointing out my omission. :yay: