Henry rifles

Vince

I have the Big Boy in a .44 cal. Uses regular .44 cal 240 gr.

"You ever see what a Henry rifle can do in the hands of someone that knows how to use it?" - Danny Glover - Silverado

The target is 100 yards with iron sights. Yeah, I know, there's a few wild shots.

Attachments

• Target 1.jpg
    Target 1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 104

Vince

I really can't say enough good about the Henry rifle, but if you get one, order the large loop lever with it. I have to get one for mine. I just wish Henry would make the old 1860 Henry metal frame rifle. I might have to buy one from Uberti.

Tomcat

Anytime
If you're under 21, you aren't supposed to be able to buy handgun amminution. Other than that it shouldn't be a problem. Some stores will check ID for this reason.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I've been looking at Henry rifles mostly because of the classic look, loop lever action and octagon barrel, but one thing that I'm not sure about is that they shoot pistol rounds. Anyone have an opinion on them, this is the one I'm looking at in .357. Henry Repeating Arms | Fine Rifles Made in America and Priced Right

I have a marlin lever action in .357, will also shoot .38 sp. Nice gun, especially for a left hander

Nice rifle, the concept is you only need to stock one type of ammo for both your long and short guns

Bonehead

Ummmm

I personally know a guy that lost part of his hand due to a loading mishap in a henry. While loading the tube a dropped bullet and touchy primer set off a round or two in the tube and this let go a took two fingers from his hand. Be careful loading and use flat point bullets.

Probably a freak accident nothing more.

dustin

UAIOE
I don't own a lever action, but if I did, it would be one with a side loading gate (Marlin), not a tube loader (Henry),... with a side ejection, not top ejection (winchester).

Top ejection makes scope clearance an issue. Side loading is more ergo, and easier to load a one or two at a time, similar to shotgun loading technique.

Not a brand snob, just my preference from handling them.

dustin

UAIOE
I personally know a guy that lost part of his hand due to a loading mishap in a henry. While loading the tube a dropped bullet and touchy primer set off a round or two in the tube and this let go a took two fingers from his hand. Be careful loading and use flat point bullets.

Probably a freak accident nothing more.
:yeahthat: any tube mag firearm has some limitation in ammo choice.

Hornady makes a nice round called "leverevolution" that addresses this tube mag concern, expensive though... I would only use for hunting/defense.
Hornady Manufacturing Company :: Ammunition :: Rifle :: Choose by Product Line :: LEVERevolution®

nutz

I've been looking at Henry rifles mostly because of the classic look, loop lever action and octagon barrel, but one thing that I'm not sure about is that they shoot pistol rounds. Anyone have an opinion on them, this is the one I'm looking at in .357. Henry Repeating Arms | Fine Rifles Made in America and Priced Right

Henry makes a great rifle and their customer service is top notch too.
Yes, it would shoot .357 magnums or .38 specials (not regular .38) Were you thinking about the .357SIG maybe?
I own a golden boy in .22 and a big boy in .45 colt. I prefer them over my Winchesters.