Herbal remedies

M

Mousebaby

My girlfriend has me drinking liquid Thyme mixed with real lemon juice and water. Just enough to get it down. She says it breaks up the kidney stones and helps you pass them without any pain. We shall see...

Has anyone else ever heard of this? :popcorn:

KingFish

Nothing to see here
My parents were into herbal and natural alternative cures. I may have a book for you if your into it.

jen8753

I have garlic breath.
My girlfriend has me drinking liquid Thyme mixed with real lemon juice and water. Just enough to get it down. She says it breaks up the kidney stones and helps you pass them without any pain. We shall see...

I have heard of this remedy. Thyme is a natural antiseptic/astringent as is lemon juice. Lemon juice also acts as a diuretic. You can drink it daily, as it is thought to prevent kidney stones and infection, but there are other lifestyle changes you can make as well, such as drinking lots of water, eating a low-calcium/low-oxalate diet if you are prone to regular kidney stones.

C

czygvtwkr

I had a friend who got rid of his little dogs stones by giving it lots of beer, seriously.

The vet told him they were inoperable.

M

Mousebaby

I had a friend who got rid of his little dogs stones by giving it lots of beer, seriously.

The vet told him they were inoperable.

ICK! Well beer is out of the question for me. Can't drink the stuff, makes me barf my guts up! :lol: I guess I will continued drinking Italian Lemon juice for a while. On a brighter note (NOT!) I have been scheduled for yet another test! Woooo Hooooo :banana: Can't wait for this one! :duh:

Happygirl

Walking for a cure!!
Can I have the recipe?? I was up at St. Marys on Saturday for a UTI, and ended up with kidney stones. :bawl: I wouldn't mind trying something natural to help disolve them or at least break them down some. TIA

FemmePrincess

Unless the stones are small enough to pass. You really should
see an Urologist. Dr Merja is the best!!! 410-535-4116
There is a quick procedure that zaps the stones into tiny pieces
so you can pass them with ease!! Does not hurt!! Why suffer
with kidney stones?

Happygirl

Walking for a cure!!

Just wondering if this worked for you??

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
I don't wish stones on anyone. Had them a few years ago and it started with some lower abdominal discomfort to crawling on the floor crying inside of 30 minutes. :lmao:

Happygirl

Walking for a cure!!
Ouch! that is where I don't want to end up. The ER doc said I have 2 just sitting there in my kidney. I was wondering if there was a natural way to disolve them, or you just had to wait for the pain.

M

Mousebaby

Seems my girlfriend may have been on to something. I have had little to no pain lately and have not passed anything that I know of. I think the stones are still sitting there waiting to surprise me one day. But for now, I am ok. Thanks for asking, hope anyone who gets these gets lucky like I have so far. :howdy:

Lilypad

Hydrate-hydrate-hydrate-oh and extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy.:dance:
Drinking plenty of water throughout the day is one of the best ways to prevent future stones from forming. Your doctor may also want to run some laboratory tests and take a medical history to determine the factors that need to be changed to reduce the risk of future stones. A special diet and /or medicines may also be prescribed for you. The most important thing you can do is to ask your doctor what you can do to prevent kidney stones from recurring.

Happygirl

Walking for a cure!!
Seems my girlfriend may have been on to something. I have had little to no pain lately and have not passed anything that I know of. I think the stones are still sitting there waiting to surprise me one day. But for now, I am ok. Thanks for asking, hope anyone who gets these gets lucky like I have so far. :howdy:

:yahoo: Glad you are feeling better. Do you know where I could find the liquid thyme? What were the proportions of the liquid thyme and lemon juice? I am trying to up the H2O intake, but if the "tea" option might help I am willing to try it. Much better something natural than drugs!
TIA!!