Here are the MSA show dates.

W

WhoCares

What kind of saddle did you get?

HDR Show Jumping saddle. It is very comfortable and fits us both well. When he throws a temper tantrum I don't come unseated easily. I wanted a bates, but my budget didn't allow for it.

I have to go pull manes now. Have a great night

F

finickyfilly

HDR Show Jumping saddle. It is very comfortable and fits us both well. When he throws a temper tantrum I don't come unseated easily. I wanted a bates, but my budget didn't allow for it.

I have to go pull manes now. Have a great night
Leather CPR

fredsaid2

What brand of conditioner? This is my first close contact saddle that I have ever owned.

Warm neatsfoot oil slightly and brush on a thin coat. Roll the flaps. May need a few coats. Keep them thin so as not to over oil. Go over it with an ever so slightly damp sponge of glycerin soap to seal it. Buff when dry. Practical Horseman had a great tack care series a few years back. This was how a British Master Saddler explained the process of oiling a new saddle.

Chickadee1

I'm WC's ride, and yes there is another trailer that goes, but it is normally full. Me and WC have a good routine, and our horses get along well, so ya'know why mess with a good thing..
I'm sure that we will :duel: and :boxing: over what show system we go to.
We still have time to figure it all out.

A show system? Is that the same thing as an Association or Circuit?

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
My horse also had his teeth done on Thursday and he just didn't look himself. I know him pretty welll, and he just didn't look right. Also the rain, I basically have a new saddle and hate when it gets rained on.

I can't count the amount of times I've been caught in the rain riding or letting someone else ride in my Bates since I got it back in April. Just take good care of a saddle and it should be fine if it gets a little wet. In fact it got wet today at a lesson.

I've never had a problem riding after getting a horses teeth done. I might not ride the same day, but the next day they seem much more responsive to my hands and the bit.

Sorry you didn't stick around. The weather was really nice & by lunch time it was getting hot.

I understand why Western Riders with there expensive show saddles wouldn't want to be caught in the rain. All that Silver can take a long time to clean.

QH_BaBe

I can't count the amount of times I've been caught in the rain riding or letting someone else ride in my Bates since I got it back in April. Just take good care of a saddle and it should be fine if it gets a little wet. In fact it got wet today at a lesson.

I've never had a problem riding after getting a horses teeth done. I might not ride the same day, but the next day they seem much more responsive to my hands and the bit.

Sorry you didn't stick around. The weather was really nice & by lunch time it was getting hot.

I understand why Western Riders with there expensive show saddles wouldn't want to be caught in the rain. All that Silver can take a long time to clean.

Yea i kno mine takes FOREVER to really get it clean clean. It can be a very boring process

BZHorseMomE

Yea i kno mine takes FOREVER to really get it clean clean. It can be a very boring process

I've spent many long hours cleaning take before a Pony Club Rally. While being time consuming Pony Club really taught you how to take care of your horse and your tack.

W

WhoCares

lI've never had a problem riding after getting a horses teeth done. I might not ride the same day, but the next day they seem much more responsive to my hands and the bit.

He is a very sensitive horse and I could just tell something wasn't right. I still can't my finger on exactly what was bothering him. He is a horse after all so he is allowed to have an off day.

showqueen74

You think yours takes forever? You can work on mine for a bit. The only advantage that I have is that its dark oil, so I can be a little messy with the silver polish.

F

finickyfilly

He is a very sensitive horse and I could just tell something wasn't right. I still can't my finger on exactly what was bothering him. He is a horse after all so he is allowed to have an off day.

maybe he is having post holiday blues.

W

WhoCares

What does your trainer say it could be?

He is fine now. I rode him yesterday and he was back to himself. Begging for treats, and being good.

If I had any real worries I would have called the vet to check him out. He has been like this before after his teeth are done. Kind of cranky, overly sensitive, and just ornery.

F

finickyfilly

He is fine now. I rode him yesterday and he was back to himself. Begging for treats, and being good.

If I had any real worries I would have called the vet to check him out. He has been like this before after his teeth are done. Kind of cranky, overly sensitive, and just ornery.

are you sure he could be depressed

appaholic

What brand of conditioner? This is my first close contact saddle that I have ever owned.

A product I have used for quick cleaning/conditioning is the Lexol spray. I got caught in the rain at HP as you know and today as well. I have used it on both my new bates and stubben and it seems to work fine for a quick fix.

F

finickyfilly

new saddle? hows the fit?

BZHorseMomE

A product I have used for quick cleaning/conditioning is the Lexol spray. I got caught in the rain at HP as you know and today as well. I have used it on both my new bates and stubben and it seems to work fine for a quick fix.

Were you riding the Chestnut horse in the 14 & over WT division?

I'm with you & Fredsaid. Good old Glycerine soap, Neats Foot oil works great, & I've used Lexol before.

pmsmare

Ya Know...Some use regumate for mares that are cranky for shows. Hilton Herbs has a product for stallions, Might be worth a trial...Seems he is learning that if he acts ill or bad he can go home. Is he intimidating you? When you are away at a show? Some folks use vicks vapor rub under the nose.