Here fishy, fishy...

mamatutu

mama to two
....bite the little hook

Some big danged sharks around here lately.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Buzzs-Marina/106586399363276?hc_location=timeline

Yikezers! I knew there had been sharks in the area, but I didn't realize they were so big! We stopped getting in the water about 10 years ago when my husband contracted some unknown bacteria from cutting a fishing net off the propellers of a friend's boat (cut up his fingers, got pretty sick, quarantined in hospital for a few days) when out in the middle of Pax River at night!

somdfunguy

not impressed
yikezers! I knew there had been sharks in the area, but i didn't realize they were so big! We stopped getting in the water about 10 years ago when my husband contracted some unknown bacteria from cutting a fishing net off the propellers of a friend's boat (cut up his fingers, got pretty sick, quarantined in hospital for a few days) when out in the middle of pax river at night!

View attachment 98198

Attachments

• bull1.jpg
    bull1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 124

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Really a shame.. They were headed up to Shark Island to get some dental work done and they got tied up in a net.

I used to tell my friends not to jump in the water because there were sharks. None of them believed me. :nono:

WR is stupid and it is all fun and games until someone's leg gets eaten off :mad:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
These large bull sharks are apparently becoming more and more of a nuisance and threat off the beaches in NC and SC..

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
These large bull sharks are apparently becoming more and more of a nuisance and threat off the beaches in NC and SC..

We just returned from Myrtle Beach and watched a shark (4'or5' long) swim the shore line from our 7th floor balcony during normal beach time. It swam within a few feet of people in the water and would move away when someone would splash around, I'm sure there would have been some crapping if the swimmers knew.

We just returned from Myrtle Beach and watched a shark (4'or5' long) swim the shore line from our 7th floor balcony during normal beach time. It swam within a few feet of people in the water and would move away when someone would splash around, I'm sure there would have been some crapping if the swimmers knew.

I am really surprised when people find out there are sharks in the ocean near the beach. I think the last comment I read from a woman who's kid was bitten read something like, "we didn't know there were sharks here". Where do you think they live? Aquariums? Last time we went to OBX I found out when I got back a guy went for an evening swim and turned up dead on the beach near where we were staying. Shark bit him and he may have died of blood loss or just could not make it back and drowned.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The story made national news! Saw a short clip this morning, of the skid loader lifting both sharks up in the air.

dave1959

About a month ago me and the wife were fishing in that exact spot for several hours.....in a canoe !!!! Needless to say she said we need a biggier boat.