herniated disk

luvscats

does anyone have the name of a good back doctor? I have a herniated disk, T6/T7. The pain is getting to me. thank you.'

MMM_donuts

If you're willing to travel to Annapolis, Dr. Bands did a FANTASTIC job with my husband who has degenerative disk disease and needed work on a lumbar disc herniation.

Orthopaedics and Spine Care, P.A.
2002 Medical Parkway
Sajak Pavilion, Suite 660
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone: (410) 974-6388

wunsent

Go to http://www.mdbrainandspine.com/index.html. After 6 years and 5 different doctors, We found Dr. Dix for my husband's back issues. Dr. Dix wasted no time and scheduled surgery. He had issues with a disk in his lower back that was degenerated and herniated, and now has the same issue in his neck. Dr. Dix is ready to go in and fix it when the pain becomes too much for my husband.

OldHillcrestGuy

I just recently had back surgery at L4,L5 and my doctor was Dr. Jean-Marc Voyadzis, cant say enough nice things about him. He practices at Georgetown, SoMd. and Calvert. Has offices in Georgetown, Chevy Chase, Clinton and Prince Frederick. I had my surgery at Georgetown cause that was the earlest date at the 3 hospitals I could have it done.
I was seeing Dr Zahir at St Marys, and he is really great, but I had recieved a newsletter from Georgetown about these two spinal surgeons that are performing less invassive spinal surgery and I thought maybe this is the way I should go, I was already scheduled for a spinal fusion at L4,L5 at St Marys.
I went and saw Dr. Zahir and talked to him about these doctors who were performing this type of surgery, he was all for me to go and see what they might be able to do, and between him and his office girl, she even made the appt. so I could maybe get in sooner, I was able to get in within 2 office days and at the Clinton office. (Special thanks out to AshleyM in Zahir's office).
What they do is go in microscopically and fix the problems, no cutting through muscle and tendons, they can move them aside, which makes for a much quicker recovery time. I felt better and was myself within 1 week and no pain from the surgery. Unfortunately at this moment and its been almost month now my pain in my left leg returned within 7 days. It was expected, its not as intense as before, but when nerves are damaged it could take a year or longer to heal. Ive had the pain for 4 years. The doctor told right up front that lookng from all my MR's I had taken in the past year he could not pinpoint exactly what might be causing my pain, he thought that maybe he saw a very tiny speck of something that might be a cycst on my spine, but it didnot turn out to be anything. He went and completely cleaned up the area around L4,L5 and opened up the spinal canal passage wider so that the nerve had a nice wide opening to run through.
Time will tell, if this will help, at the 2 week post op visit he asked if anyone of the doctors before him ever had a MRI on the hip and thigh, and they havent so he sent me to have those done before my next visit.
Im still optimistic that he will found the cause and correct what might be wrong.

Last edited:

Roman

I just recently had back surgery at L4,L5 and my doctor was Dr. Jean-Marc Voyadzis, cant say enough nice things about him. He practices at Georgetown, SoMd. and Calvert. Has offices in Georgetown, Chevy Chase, Clinton and Prince Frederick. I had my surgery at Georgetown cause that was the earlest date at the 3 hospitals I could have it done.
I was seeing Dr Zahir at St Marys, and he is really great, but I had recieved a newsletter from Georgetown about these two spinal surgeons that are performing less invassive spinal surgery and I thought maybe this is the way I should go, I was already scheduled for a spinal fusion at L4,L5 at St Marys.
I went and saw Dr. Zahir and talked to him about these doctors who were performing this type of surgery, he was all for me to go and see what they might be able to do, and between him and his office girl, she even made the appt. so I could maybe get in sooner, I was able to get in within 2 office days and at the Clinton office. (Special thanks out to AshleyM in Zahir's office).
What they do is go in microscopically and fix the problems, no cutting through muscle and tendons, they can move them aside, which makes for a much quicker recovery time. I felt better and was myself within 1 week and no pain from the surgery. Unfortunately at this moment and its been almost month now my pain in my left leg returned within 7 days. It was expected, its not as intense as before, but when nerves are damaged it could take a year or longer to heal. Ive had the pain for 4 years. The doctor told right up front that lookng from all my MR's I had taken in the past year he could not pinpoint exactly what might be causing my pain, he thought that maybe he saw a very tiny speck of something that might be a cycst on my spine, but it didnot turn out to be anything. He went and completely cleaned up the area around L4,L5 and opened up the spinal canal passage wider so that the nerve had a nice wide opening to run through.
Time will tell, if this will help, at the 2 week post op visit he asked if anyone of the doctors before him ever had a MRI on the hip and thigh, and they havent so he sent me to have those done before my next visit.
Im still optimistic that he will found the cause and correct what might be wrong.
It seems like all went well OHG, and it does take quite a while for the nerve endings to heal. Sometimes, up to a year depending on age. I'm up there too, so that statement is not meant to be funny. Take care, and happy new year.

luvmygdaughters

It seems like all went well OHG, and it does take quite a while for the nerve endings to heal. Sometimes, up to a year depending on age. I'm up there too, so that statement is not meant to be funny. Take care, and happy new year.

Dr. Jamaris, Glen Burnie. Shah Associates mis-diagnosed my herniated disc. Sent me to physical therapy, had me do the "Shock & Awe" treatment, prescribed a anti seizure medicine. Went to Dr. Jamaris after speaking with a relative about him. Lucky I didn't stick with Shah...I could be paralyzed if I had.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Go to Maryland Brain & Spine. After 6 years and 5 different doctors, We found Dr. Dix for my husband's back issues. Dr. Dix wasted no time and scheduled surgery. He had issues with a disk in his lower back that was degenerated and herniated, and now has the same issue in his neck. Dr. Dix is ready to go in and fix it when the pain becomes too much for my husband.

Doctor Dix also performed my back surgery to repair some herniated disk and sciatica problems I was having.

On the recovery table, I felt a brazillion times better. Seriously. Coming directly out of surgery, I already felt much better than pre-surgery.

I am nearing eight years past my surgery, and I still thank Dr. Dix every day for giving me a near-pain-free existence.

I have referred two brothers-in-law and a few other friends with great success.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
does anyone have the name of a good back doctor? I have a herniated disk, T6/T7. The pain is getting to me. thank you.'

Sounds like lots of good surgeons. But what is the cause of the injury? Workers Comp? Caused by someone else purposely or accidentally? Those factors could weigh on your choice of MD.

Or obamacare could just place you on the waiting list.......

MMM_donuts

Doctor Dix also performed my back surgery to repair some herniated disk and sciatica problems I was having.

On the recovery table, I felt a brazillion times better. Seriously. Coming directly out of surgery, I already felt much better than pre-surgery.

I am nearing eight years past my surgery, and I still thank Dr. Dix every day for giving me a near-pain-free existence.

I have referred two brothers-in-law and a few other friends with great success.

:eyebrow: A brazillian you say?

MMM_donuts

Maybe you get a free Brazilian with every surgery.

If I were a doctor I would surprise people with little gems like that but I would also write "you're welcome" in sharpie so they don't think it's a crazy surgical side effect when they wake up.

If I were a doctor I would surprise people with little gems like that but I would also write "you're welcome" in sharpie so they don't think it's a crazy surgical side effect when they wake up.

I seem to remember a case like that a while back, where the doctor left a 'trademark'. He got sued.