Herpes in Southen Maryland

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Yep. Did you make chief yet?

Nope, turns out I'm not eligable. Admin told me I was back in Oct., but come test time they said I wasn't. Ticked me off a bit, because had I know earlier, I would have dropped a special request to take it for LDO.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's interesting that venereal diseases are now mainstream, with TV commercials for medication, support groups, ads for dating others who are infected. Back in the day, you didn't discuss your genital herpes or whatever because then everyone knew that you were sexually indiscriminate. And that was not something to be proud of.

Nowadays, everyone screws everyone else and everyone has the clap, so it's of no more consequence than getting a hangnail. Crazy times we live in.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
It's interesting that venereal diseases are now mainstream, with TV commercials for medication, support groups, ads for dating others who are infected. Back in the day, you didn't discuss your genital herpes or whatever because then everyone knew that you were sexually indiscriminate. And that was not something to be proud of.

Nowadays, everyone screws everyone else and everyone has the clap, so it's of no more consequence than getting a hangnail. Crazy times we live in.

I'd rather they put it out in the open so we all know. Bring back the scarlet letter.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Crazy times we live in.

Now that we have STD's that kill, an inconvenient STD just doesn't seem as bad anymore.

Sometimes it's nice to be in a monogamous relationship with someone you know you can trust. I can still fantasize, but straying just isn't worth the risk.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
:wah:

I don't feel sorry for you.....I see how you herpes infested people have it on the Valtrex commercials...you get herpes, then you start doing all sorts of cool things like mountain biking on the coast, rock climbing and hiking.....

You never let your genital herpes slow you down!

:lmao::lmao:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
May as well have herpes around here....

'cause we ain't got no crabs!

BUMP-BUMP!

:roflmao:

Herpes is pretty average now especially the cold sore strand known as HSV-1. I LOVE kissing but you just can't kiss everyone. I had a guy mention having canker sores in his mouth. We were on the phone and I was like, WTF? I then hopped online and Googled it and saw that it was connected to HIV and all I could think is maybe that's his way of trying to be honest hoping I would question his sores further.

It really is hard to admit that you have something when you are just meeting someone and you like them a whole lot. I really agree with dating within. I don't think its safe to date people with anything where the strand you have can be made worse or stronger against medicines like HIV. Unless you are very disciplined to keep using protection.

I will agree, in comparison to HIV/AIDS Herpes doesn't seem so bad but at the same time, it affects a lot of things like giving birth vaginally. Also, I was suppose to go on a cabin trip with people I didnt know, sharing the hot tub had started to freak me out when my then boyfriend mentioned that it wasn't sanitary. The more I focused on that thought the more apprehensive I got because I didnt know how I was going to pretend I didnt want to get the hot tub since I didn't know half of those people.

It's just nuts. So, anyone who is being honest before they get involved sexually with someone I commend them. If that person rejects you then you know that it wasn't meant to be. But, the real fear is that they will trash you after you opened up to them. I think that is horrible and only adds to the problem of finding out you have something through an outbreak or infection.

That's all. :flowers:

Last edited:

Dodgem250

:roflmao:

Herpes is pretty average now especially the cold sore strand known as HSV-1. I LOVE kissing but you just can't kiss everyone. I had a guy mention having canker sores in his mouth. We were on the phone and I was like, WTF? I then hopped online and Googled it and saw that it was connected to HIV and all I could think is maybe that's his way of trying to be honest hoping I would question his sores further.

It really is hard to admit that you have something when you are just meeting someone and you like them a whole lot. I really agree with dating within. I don't think its safe to date people with anything where the strand you have can be made worse or stronger against medicines like HIV. Unless you are very disciplined to keep using protection.

I will agree, in comparison to HIV/AIDS Herpes doesn't seem so bad but at the same time, it affects a lot of things like giving birth vaginally. Also, I was suppose to go on a cabin trip with people I didnt know, sharing the hot tub had started to freak me out when my then boyfriend mentioned that it wasn't sanitary. The more I focused on that thought the more apprehensive I got because I didnt know how I was going to pretend I didnt want to get the hot tub since I didn't know half of those people.

It's just nuts. So, anyone who is being honest before they get involved sexually with someone I commend them. If that person rejects you then you know that it wasn't meant to be. But, the real fear is that they will trash you after you opened up to them. I think that is horrible and only adds to the problem of finding out you have something through an outbreak or infection.

That's all. :flowers:

Uhh... I think you missed the joke... by at least a few a few light years.

bcp

In My Opinion
You really don't bring anything to the table huh.
you know,,,
not bringing something to the table in a conversation about puss oozing peter bumps might be considered a good thing in some circles.

you know, Im just saying