Hey All

Neeta Neeta

welcome.gif
I'm pretty new too

Blondie76

Can someone help me out here. Everytime someone posts a reply to a thread I'm in, I keep getting e-mails in my inbox. I thought I changed it in the user control panel. But I'm still getting e-mails. Help!:stupid:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Blondie76
Can someone help me out here. Everytime someone posts a reply to a thread I'm in, I keep getting e-mails in my inbox. I thought I changed it in the user control panel. But I'm still getting e-mails. Help!:stupid:

Allow Bulletin Board Administrators and Moderators To Send You Email Notices?

Check NO

ThayerP

Ok, still getting them. What am I doing wrong?
Did you make the change and click on the "submit changes" button at the bottom of the page? I forget to do that sometimes. :smile:

J

justhangn

Ok, still getting them. What am I doing wrong?

All else fails.......BLOCK the addy that the responces are sent from. :biggrin:

Blondie76

Originally posted by ThayerP
Did you make the change and click on the "submit changes" button at the bottom of the page? I forget to do that sometimes. :smile:

Yep, double checked it to make sure.

J

justhangn

It asks me if I want to unsubscribe from the thread. Do I want to do that?

Hmmm......that's odd. Do you receive any other mailings from the forum?? If not, then unsubscribe.....worst case, you would have to resubscribe.

ThayerP

Yep, double checked it to make sure.
I have found that the email messages do run a couple of minutes later than the actual post. Give it a chance and see if it keeps up. Personally I like the messages because I can work and then jump to the messages posted easier.

Blondie76

Originally posted by ThayerP
I have found that the email messages do run a couple of minutes later than the actual post. Give it a chance and see if it keeps up. Personally I like the messages because I can work and then jump to the messages posted easier.

Yeah, but I'm getting way too many. Afraid it will max out my hotmail account. I think I fixed it though. I unsubscribed to the threads.

ThayerP

Yeah, but I'm getting way too many. Afraid it will max out my hotmail account. I think I fixed it though. I unsubscribed to the threads.
If it doesn't work, use a bigger hammer...:smile:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
It asks me if I want to unsubscribe from the thread. Do I want to do that?

Yes

If you unsubscribe, it won't send you messages about every post. When you post a message, it'll subscribe you to the thread. Click on "see all subscribed threads" too so you can unsubscribe from everything you are not interested in. If you leave the site, it will only send you one message per thread, until you come back.

Blondie76

Originally posted by watercolor23
Hello Blondie! :howdy:

Hope your having a good day!

:howdy: water

I'm having a great day despite the weather. Haven't done much at work though. Waiting til 3:30 so I can leave this place.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love

If I'm on the forums, I just let it email me. I can switch back and forth to threads and I delete the emails without reading them. I use it to keep track of which threads I need to check back on. They don't take up too much memory on the hotmail account as long as you delete them from time to time. Plus when you're offline, like I said before, it'll only email you once per thread.

J

justhangn

:howdy: water

I'm having a great day despite the weather. Haven't done much at work though. Waiting til 3:30 so I can leave this place.

:yeahthat: I even brought my pool stick to work so I can make a pitstop on the way home. :lol:

Blondie76

Originally posted by cmcdanal
If I'm on the forums, I just let it email me. I can switch back and forth to threads and I delete the emails without reading them. I use it to keep track of which threads I need to check back on. They don't take up too much memory on the hotmail account as long as you delete them from time to time. Plus when you're offline, like I said before, it'll only email you once per thread.

I would keep subscribe, but unfortunately my internet is not working right now. Comcast has to run a new cable to my house. Apparently the one I have isn't big enough(????). So I won't be able to check my e-mail so I don't want to overload it.