Hey Flyers fans!

Kerad

What are your expectations for the Montreal series?

I'm thinking Montreal in 6, especially with their #1 PP against a Philly team that makes too many trips to the box...often caused by a mismatch in speed.

I do wonder if Carey Price can continue to handle the pressure of being a rookie carrying a team in the playoffs.

Admittedly, I don't know the details of how these two teams usually fare against each other, so I'm more or less going off of a generic gut feeling.

Last edited:

LordStanley

I know nothing

I'm thinking Montreal in 6, especially with their #1 PP against a Philly team that makes too many trips to the box...often caused my a mismatch in speed.

I do wonder if Carey Price can continue to handle the pressure of being a rookie carrying a team in the playoffs.

Admittedly, I don't know the details of how these two teams usually fare against each other, so I'm more or less going off of a generic gut feeling.

The Canadians swept the flyers during the regular season this year. But this is my observations from that.

3 of the 4 were with Nitty in net
2 of the 4 were during the 10 game loosing streak.

the Canadians went 8-0 against Boston in the regular season, but had trouble with them in the post.

Im thinking 7 games, since they are comparable to the Caps.

(They went 7 games against the Bruins.)

Although Im still going with my flyers to win, I will make a non-bias judgement call after the game tonight.

Peter Forsberg

Well, they certainly had their chance. At least this way they won't have to endure yet another playoff loss to the Penguins. Maybe next year, though. :smile:
Monteral swept us in 4 games this past season it is going to be tough. Also not to mention we are tired from the series with the CAPS. Hmmm NHL your scheduling makes no sense. Pitt and the Rangers have been off for a week and play Friday but the Flyers played back to back games and get 1 days rest. We do have problems defending speedy teams.

Rock the Orange HAHA

Kerad

The Canadians swept the flyers during the regular season this year. But this is my observations from that.

3 of the 4 were with Nitty in net
2 of the 4 were during the 10 game loosing streak.

the Canadians went 8-0 against Boston in the regular season, but had trouble with them in the post.

Im thinking 7 games, since they are comparable to the Caps.

(They went 7 games against the Bruins.)

Although Im still going with my flyers to win, I will make a non-bias judgement call after the game tonight.

That's a good illustration of how pure stats (W-L record) can skew predictions. Also, we all know that regular season stats don't show as much as many think they do, once the playoffs are underway.

My brain wants Philly to win, based on the Penguins getting home ice, and feeling the Pens match up just fine against the Flyers. We know what we're getting with that series.

But my heart probably won't let me root for the Flyers, as I hate them more than any other team in sports.

Soooo....I'm hoping it goes 7, and the two teams beat the crap out of each other. Whoever wins...wins.

At least that's my view before game 1. We'll see after I start watching.

Kerad

Monteral swept us in 4 games this past season it is going to be tough. Also not to mention we are tired from the series with the CAPS. Hmmm NHL your scheduling makes no sense. Pitt and the Rangers have been off for a week and play Friday but the Flyers played back to back games and get 1 days rest. We do have problems defending speedy teams.

Rock the Orange HAHA

The good news for Philly is that Montreal went 7, as well.

I was surprised by that schedule as well...having Montreal/Philly play before PIT/NY. But I soon guessed that NBC wanted the Pens/Rags for Sunday afternoon, due to the ratings.

BTW...
Am I the only one that thinks the "orange-out" makes it look like a bunch of empty seats at the Wachovia on TV? Even knowing the Pens are planning a "whiteout" on Friday, I personally think it's kind of stupid to ask the fans not to wear their jerseys at the game. Hell, they freaking cost us enough.

And I'm over the towel thing, too. EVERY team does it, now...so what's the point...

T

toppick08

I'm thinking Montreal in 6, especially with their #1 PP against a Philly team that makes too many trips to the box...often caused by a mismatch in speed.

a loss...:ohwell:

Peter Forsberg

The good news for Philly is that Montreal went 7, as well.

I was surprised by that schedule as well...having Montreal/Philly play before PIT/NY. But I soon guessed that NBC wanted the Pens/Rags for Sunday afternoon, due to the ratings.

BTW...
Am I the only one that thinks the "orange-out" makes it look like a bunch of empty seats at the Wachovia on TV? Even knowing the Pens are planning a "whiteout" on Friday, I personally think it's kind of stupid to ask the fans not to wear their jerseys at the game. Hell, they freaking cost us enough.

And I'm over the towel thing, too. EVERY team does it, now...so what's the point...
Give out Red POM-POMS like the Verizon Center they are so cute.

LordStanley

I know nothing
After watching last nights game, and living through the last minute BS and cost the game.

The Flyers will do just fine against the Canadians. Im still picking Flyers in 7

LordStanley

I know nothing
I'm interested to see if the Flyers can close this one out....or if it will drag on like the Capitals series. Montreal should be toast, as their rookie goaltender faded and Biron's been solid.

They better close out!!!

Perhaps a flyers/Pens series in the near future!