Hey Gearheads!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have these towels I bought a few weeks ago and they're linty as hell. I've washed them and washed them and they're still shedding. Then I got the bright idea that maybe one of you car guys knew of a way to de-lint towels from dealing with polishing cloths and such.

Any suggestions? TIA!

Agee

vraiblonde said:
I have these towels I bought a few weeks ago and they're linty as hell. I've washed them and washed them and they're still shedding. Then I got the bright idea that maybe one of you car guys knew of a way to de-lint towels from dealing with polishing cloths and such.

Any suggestions? TIA!
Don't buy cheap towels.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Airgasm said:
Don't buy cheap towels.
They weren't - that's what pisses me off. Otherwise I'd throw them away and be done with them. As it is, they were $15 apiece and I'd like to salvage them.

The towels I really want are $45 apiece. :lol:

Agee

vraiblonde said:
They weren't - that's what pisses me off. Otherwise I'd throw them away and be done with them. As it is, they were $15 apiece and I'd like to salvage them.

The towels I really want are $45 apiece. :lol:
Don't dispense of the cloth! As a gear-head, cloth is good!

Vince

I go to Wal Mart and buy the cheap "on sale" towels and never have a problem with lint. Why are you pay $15? :confused:

willie

Bulk cotton towels from the automobile dept. of BJ's are full of lint but great for greasy hand cleaning, parts cleaning and general throw away duties. They are not very absorbent but are OK for car washing. Bulk microfiber towels for car finish, windows and anywhere you don't want lint. Worn out bath towels are great for windows etc. because the lint has been washed out. Diapers are excellent but very expensive. The packaged Windex wipes are so full of lint that they are useless for anything.

Last edited:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
vraiblonde said:

Any suggestions? TIA!
Use white vinegar in the rinse cycle in place of fabric softener.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Vince said:
I go to Wal Mart and buy the cheap "on sale" towels and never have a problem with lint. Why are you pay $15?
Because I thought I would like them better. :ohwell: For the record, my $4.99 Target towels have never linted out and annoyed me. :yay:

elaine said:
What are you using the towels for?
General body drying.

Dymphna said:
I'll try that tonight! Thanks!!!

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Get rid of em or use em as wheel wipe towels.. if you want to use something on your painted surface up top has the right idea.. Microfiber towels.. Yes they are a little pricey but well worth it and can be washed muliple times.. I get the Mequiers ones and currently have prolly 8 of them that I keep in rotation.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
FastCarsSpeed said:
Get rid of em or use em as wheel wipe towels.
I am NOT using $15 bath towels as wheel wipers. :twitch: I'll cut them up and make stuffed animals out of them first.

willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymphna

You're gonna smell like steamed crabs.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
willie said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymphna

You're gonna smell like steamed crabs.
Not unless she adds old bay too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dymphna, darling - IT WORKED! There was no lint on me after I dried off this morning! You have just saved me from throwing away almost $200 worth of towels!!!

:notworthy:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
You have just saved me from throwing away almost $200 worth of towels!!!

And you call yourself a tightwad. :rolleyes:

I'm still using the original pack of diapers I bought 3 years ago when my car was new. :roflmao: