Hey Jaie and Sunflower...

sunflower

Loving My Life...
No drugs required, only 6 hours of labor... do you stuff Suzanne Somer's Thigh-master up your cootchie and do hardcore workouts your entire pregnancy? :eyebrow:

I wanted drugs. I was in a lot pain but decided against it :lol: No hardcore workouts here :lol:

C

CalvertNewbie

Yeah, well after 40 hours, I wussed out and asked for the drugs. You know that few percent that the epidural doesn't work on???? :doh::tantrum:cds:

:faint: Ouch!!!!!

Mine wore off and they had to give me another one. The second one really didn't seem to help although I wonder if it would have been worse without it. I've only had one baby so I had nothing to compare the pain to. If there is a next time, I'll be scheduling the C-section, no doubt.

lovinmaryland

Kwilla

I am a little hurt I was not included in this thread title :drama:

Unless you know I am a total wussy and will be doped up beyond recognition when I deliver :lmao:

I

Irish_Eyes

This man needs shot.... Labor and delivery without drugs... *shudder*

My labor was kind of odd... water broke, no contractions. Went to the hospital and they got me into bed and five hours later... still no contractions. I was playing World of Warcraft when I should have been feeling the pain, for christs sake...

Then the back pain hit. Not back labor, according to the nurses, but it was so bad I couldn't stand up straight even if I wanted to because my muscles were spasming so badly, let alone being able to lay still. So they gave me an IV drip with something lovely in it(I honestly don't remember the name of that wonder drug).

That knocked me out, and then suddenly, at about 2-3 am, 7 hours later, the contractions had gotten bad enough to wake me up out of my drug-induced comatose-like sleep, and after about an hour I demanded my epidural. If I don't have to be in pain, then damnit, I'm not gonna be!

The doctor walked in and all I could say was "Oh thank GOD!" and my mother said "No dear, that's the anesthesiologist."

To which my retort, without missing a beat, was: "Shut up. He's the angel of ****ing mercy."

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
10hrs with the first and no drugs

Just over 10 hrs with the second and the only reason I got drugs is I had a C-section.

If you want drugs that's all cool. I think for a man to say we shouldn't have drugs he needs to be hit by a Mac Truck going 110mph.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
With the first one, I was almost 2 weeks late so I was induced. I opted for the epidural since I didn't know how bad and how long the pain would be (figured it would be bad and long).

Second baby, worked all day and then went to Dr's appt. Dr said I was 7cm dialated and I needed to get to the hospital ASAP ( I was 3 weeks away from my due date). I wasn't feeling any pain or contractions. I told her I couldn't go because I hadn't figured out what I was going to do with my then 3 yr old and I hadn't packed a bag. Told her I'd go when I started feeling something.

I didn't end up going to the hospital until the next day around 6pm. I still wasn't feeling any pain but I started bleeding/spotting (it has an official name but my mind is blank now). I asked for another epidural "just in case". Once my water was broken, my son just slid out. :lol: He was sticking out when the Dr came to check me. I didn't even know it. One or two little pushes and that was it.

I've always wondered if I would have ever felt the pain if I hadn't gotten the epidural. I'd think at almost fully dialated and still not feeling anything, I probably could have.