Hey you...I'm talking to YOU....Yes, YOU!!!

Thanks. :huggy:

Did you see the photos of her Jeep?

It's unfathomable to me how she even made it out of the accident alive.

At 22 years of age, I can't imagine the impact this accident will have on her entire life.
She is lucky to be alive, but with all of those injuries she'll never be whole again. Something will always be hurting or out of place or etc. etc. etc. I hope like hell your family gets good legal representation and gets long turn funding in place for her. I can speak from the experience of a family member who was hit head on and had years of rehab and recover. Here we are many years after he was declared "recovered" and he still gets infections in places with the potential risk of losing use of a limb as a result of injuries from the acccident. So most certainly the focus is on her survival right now, but hopefully she'll get compensation she will need for long term care. UFB. Devastating.

Updated to state this post wasn't meant to be a downer but rather meant to point out the reality that driving distracted and too fast could have dire lifelong consequences well beyond your immediate gratification of whatever the hell it is you are doing other than driving responsibly.

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion
I would just walk past with a spray bottle filled with brake fluid, soak the passenger side as I walk by.
That way when he gets home and notices that there is no paint on the side of his truck, he might start to wonder why.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Slowing down has nothing to do with this, it's about failing to yield.........

Let me rephrase, slowing down has nothing to do with BGs morning issue, I have no knowledge of her relatives accident, or if speed was involved in that...... if thats what you were referring to, my apologies.
Why does it seem like you love to tell another poster what they "really mean" when was it comes to something they post about traffic?

I was referring to the idiot on the road -not her relative.

And I stand by my statement that people need to slow down. The idiot was obviously in some kind of hurry if he didn't yield the right of way.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And then what?

Post their name. Call them out.

As per BG's writing, this was a violent threat to her safety and it wouldn't have taken much more for her to be the one in the hospital. Or worse.

Unless and until Maryland starts to treat this sort of super reckless driving for what it is, attempted assault, it won't change.

In a state that runs for the hills over pictures of scary looking objects, like guns, we need to, we must, some day, start to at least try regulating behavior by...punishing behavior.

:buddies:

Post their name. Call them out.

As per BG's writing, this was a violent threat to her safety and it wouldn't have taken much more for her to be the one in the hospital. Or worse.

Unless and until Maryland starts to treat this sort of super reckless driving for what it is, attempted assault, it won't change.

In a state that runs for the hills over pictures of scary looking objects, like guns, we need to, we must, some day, start to at least try regulating behavior by...punishing behavior.

:buddies:
Well said, Larry... well said...:yay:

glhs837

Power with Control
Why does it seem like you love to tell another poster what they "really mean" when was it comes to something they post about traffic?

And I stand by my statement that people need to slow down. The idiot was obviously in some kind of hurry if he didn't yield the right of way.

I just like to point out that the "speed kills" that gets tossed out for every accident is about %95 crap. If you see it a lot, that's because people say it a lot. A testament to the power of 40 years or more of propaganda. It does kill, but not as often as ignorance, idiocy and stupidity. If people would focus on the real causes, maybe more folks would stop engaging in those dangerous behaviors. If more focus was put on driving well vice driving slow, we might make a bigger dent in crash statistics.

He (BGs truck drive) didn't need to be in a hurry,he just needed to be an idiot. Can't count how many people pull out in front of me and then proceed to go at or slower than the speed limit when 2 seconds later they could have pulled out drama free. So failing to yield doesn't always have anything to do with being in a hurry or going fast.

bilbur

I just like to point out that the "speed kills" that gets tossed out for every accident is about %95 crap. If you see it a lot, that's because people say it a lot. A testament to the power of 40 years or more of propaganda. It does kill, but not as often as ignorance, idiocy and stupidity. If people would focus on the real causes, maybe more folks would stop engaging in those dangerous behaviors. If more focus was put on driving well vice driving slow, we might make a bigger dent in crash statistics.

He (BGs truck drive) didn't need to be in a hurry,he just needed to be an idiot. Can't count how many people pull out in front of me and then proceed to go at or slower than the speed limit when 2 seconds later they could have pulled out drama free. So failing to yield doesn't always have anything to do with being in a hurry or going fast.

Actually speed can be considered a contributing factor in almost all bad accidents even if the person wasn't speeding. As speed increases a person’s reaction time decreases so an accident that couldn't be avoided at 55mph might have been avoided if the person was doing 45mph because they would have had more time to react. I am not arguing that lack of attention doesn't play a big part I am just saying that the higher the speed the more dangerous lack of attention becomes and it is in this way that speed is a factor.

PlayStation

Kratos is my hero

A crash at 5 mph doesn't kill you. A crash at 500 mph does kill you. Erego, speed kills.

It's quite simple.

They aren't saying that "if you go fast, you crash." They're just saying that the results are far dealier the faster you go.

pbotz

so many bone head drivers out there. I dont see anything getting better as southern md blows up with people. Driving around lex park on a sat or sunday afternoon can be irrating and stressful. It leads to people just being highway warriors.

It be nice if md had a # you could report a lic plate to for driving issues. If that particular plate gets a lot of hits, than maybe a civilian type fine would be issued. Might make some of the azzjacks think twice.

If one plate recieved 3, 4 calls a week say, its pretty clear its not a friend pranking his friend, but more someone driving unsafe.

Everyone needs to think when driving about how there affecting the next driver.
Am i CAMPING OUT in the left lane, well below the speed limit, or just pulling out in front of people unsafely. It all affects everyone around them

slotpuppy

Ass-hole

Did I drive half as bad as the handler claims I do Saturday night?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I'm pretty sure this is the same guy that has tailgated me before in the mornings and scared me so bad that I thought if something happened where I had to hit the brakes, he would kill me instantly.

I think I'm going to ask :gossip: if I can report him since you have his tag info.

PlayStation

Kratos is my hero
I'm pretty sure this is the same guy that has tailgated me before in the mornings and scared me so bad that I thought if something happened where I had to hit the brakes, he would kill me instantly.

I think I'm going to ask :gossip: if I can report him since you have his tag info.

Speed kills.

If you were going fast enough where if you hit the brakes and he killed you instantly, you were going entirely too fast. Next time he's tailgating you, just take your foot off the gas and slowly start slowing down.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Speed kills.

If you were going fast enough where if you hit the brakes and he killed you instantly, you were going entirely too fast. Next time he's tailgating you, just take your foot off the gas and slowly start slowing down.

You are ignorant. I don't speed. Ask any of my friends who have been stuck in a car with me driving or behind me.

I'm referring to a situation where if I had to hit the brakes suddenly because of an animal or school child, the person tailgating me so closely wouldn't have time to stop at all.