HEY YOU POLICE SLAMMERS....

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I think I missed the beginning of this, but I think that if you’ve put in the time for a pension it’s yours period

black dog

Free America
Ive never understood how anyone that has a vested pension could loose it under any circumstance.
It happens to union autoworkers all the time, I cant imagine working for 30+ years and doing or saying something stupid and loose your retirement penison.
What does doing something criminal have to do with years of service.

glhs837

Power with Control

SHOULD THE OFFICERS LOSE A PENSION??? SHOULD THEY BE FIRED THEN BANISHED TO A LEPER COMMUNITY??? WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE BEEN IN THAT POLCE VEHICLE???

ASKING FOR A FRIEND...

First off, let me help you with a link.

You know, its okay to think that bad members of a group, and members of the group who cover for bad members, should be rooted out and punished and to also think that there are also good ones that are doing the job properly that should be praised and rewarded.

Some people seem to think that criticizing any officer ever, or even asking if an officer should be criticized means you hate all officers. I disagree. Cops face danger, even get injured and killed in the line of duty. That doesn't make them immune to scrutiny and criticism. Any more than those same things do for military members.

If this dirtbag who decided to shoot at them ended up dead, I would be quite happy with that outcome.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Some people seem to think that criticizing any officer ever, or even asking if an officer should be criticized means you hate all officers. I disagree. Cops face danger, even get injured and killed in the line of duty. That doesn't make them immune to scrutiny and criticism. Any more than those same things do for military members.

This

SamSpade

I forget who it was I was listening to, but -

It's generally not cost effective to hire more agents IF you're going after the hyper, uber rich. They have lawyers. They are used to fighting in court. It's chump change to them. You have a clipboard. You will lose.

No, you go after the smaller business. Because he can't afford a long court fight. At the end of the day, he will just pay you to go away.

They're ARMING the agents? Expecting them to go along with LE during arrests? Yeah, NOT going after the big corporate types. Smaller business. The big guys are running the country and financing the elections. The agents and them will never meet.

So far, Biden hasn't been proven wrong - by reality - on his promise not to raise taxes one penny on anyone making less than 400k. But he doesn't have the greatest track record. Let's remember he was going to bring people together and unify us, all the while openly vilifying millions of Americans he doesn't like.

Deep in all of these proposals, the costs of everything else will go up - energy especially. Raising prices across the board on everyone is - effectively - a tax. That's what it is. When someone raises the price of your milk by a quarter by taxing the milk producer - and you pay that quarter - you've been taxed. It just shows up differently.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Every Federal Agency has been arming itself since the Obama Regime.

Modern Automatic Weapons. Millions of rounds.

Agriculture, Interior, Education, HUD... Hell I wouldnt' be surprised if the Minerals Management Service had an Army of their own.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
on his promise not to raise taxes one penny on anyone making less than 400k.

Oh they are not ' raising ' taxes, but collecting your FAIR SHARE Owed

you sold more than $ 600 dollars worth of junk on Ebay cleaning out your garage, YOU OWE Taxes on those sales

whjich is why Biden was pushing for the $ 600 worth of transfers last year - tracking down all these gig economy workers and ebay sellers not paying taxes

glhs837

Power with Control

you sold more than $ 600 dollars worth of junk on Ebay cleaning out your garage, YOU OWE Taxes on those sales

whjich is why Biden was pushing for the $ 600 worth of transfers last year - tracking down all these gig economy workers and ebay sellers not paying taxes

Yep, its not a tax in crease, just a collection efficiency increase, thats all.

Back when I moved from CA to Maine for three years, then down here to MD. After I arrived in March on 93, I filed my federal taxes. That summer, I get a letter from the MD comptroller.

"You filed your Federal 1992 taxes from a Maryland address, yet you failed to file your 1992 Maryland State taxes. Based on your federal tax information, we estimate you owe X amount of dollars. Failure to remit the stated amount could result in criminal charges"

Took me about a year to get it squared away. Now let the 87,0000 new Feds play "Oh, you owe us XX amount of dollars for errors in your federal return over the last 5 years. And failure to remit that amount in less than 90 days will result in fines and fees on top of the amount'.

Add in the fact that most accountants you might hire to help you will now be working for the IRS, its gonna be a crapshow.

SamSpade

While I think the rich - and the poor - should all pay their "fair share" ---

Going after the rich and corporations has NEVER EVER EVER resulted in ME paying fewer taxes.
For all the angst and anger and showmanship of going after the rich - it does not ever ease YOUR taxes.
You still owe tons of dollars, all the damned time.

Frankly, I don't give a damn about if rich people pay theirs - I care if you make ME pay their taxes.