Hi! looking for some input

warneckutz

I am looking to join a local gym in the lexington park/leonardtown/hollywood area and would like to hear some feedback from others about their gym and how they like or do not like it.

Thanks in advance for the help!:buddies:

Pro Fitness - Wildewood

30-Day Trial period: includes aerobics classes, spinning and childcare...

:yay:

warneckutz

30 day trial period sounds great. Any good pools in the area?

Great Mills has an outdoor pool for the summer that they convert to an indoor pool when it gets cooler outside. The last time I used that pool was over two years ago and it was well maintained but I only used it during the summer months.

B

Beth_kennedy

Great Mills has an outdoor pool for the summer that they convert to an indoor pool when it gets cooler outside. The last time I used that pool was over two years ago and it was well maintained but I only used it during the summer months.

Thanks!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
30 day trial period sounds great. Any good pools in the area?

Most gyms will offer a free-trial period. There is a World Gym in Leonardtown, World Gym in Lexington Park off Great Mills Road, Maximum Fitness in San Souci and if you wanted to travel as far as Mechanicsville, there's a SMAC Fitness off Rt. 5.

B

Beth_kennedy

Most gyms will offer a free-trial period. There is a World Gym in Leonardtown, World Gym in Lexington Park off Great Mills Road, Maximum Fitness in San Souci and if you wanted to travel as far as Mechanicsville, there's a SMAC Fitness off Rt. 5.

Thanks so much for the info!

thurley42

HY;FR
If you like rap, get "Got Money" by Lil' Wayne... I'm waiting for iTunes to release "Swing Ya Rag" by T.I. - his new album should be good. :yay:

Thanks, i'll check it out tonight...

Did you get my PM about Wheycheap.com?

I still can't get on there early enough to get anything...

SAWK

I do travel, too much....that is good to know....do you like the one in here?

I've only been to the world gym in Lex Pk but not the one in Leonardtown. I'm into the aerobic equipment and the weights which they just upgraded to all new equipment. They do have classes on a regular basis. They also have a karate class and their hours are great. Their trainers are very reliable as well. They also have daycare. It was the ability to go to other gyms in other cities which appeals to me. I had that when it was Olympus (which allowed me to go to world gyms, gold gyms, etc). It was then bought by Profitness and they by world gym. I wish you luck! Maybe I'll see you in the gym!

GetFitBeHealthy

I heard that place can be very expensive and there is always a long wait for cardio???

Expensive? Def not. And there is almost never a wait for cardio. I have had to wait maybe 3 times (I have been there since it opened a few years ago), and it wasonly for a max of 5 min.

I think the best thing to do is really go in and see for yourself.

cvizzy

I have been a member at World Gym for three years now. I use the one in Lex. Pk. because it is close to home. My whole family is members and price is extemely reasonable. Classes are great, just upgraded cardio and weights. It has a great atmosphere as well.

sn315on

Southern Gal
I've been using Gold's Gym for a few months now. I am going to look around though when my membership is up. Thanks for the thread!

Last edited:
B

Beth_kennedy

Expensive? Def not. And there is almost never a wait for cardio. I have had to wait maybe 3 times (I have been there since it opened a few years ago), and it wasonly for a max of 5 min.

I think the best thing to do is really go in and see for yourself.

That is a great idea. I plan on taking a visit to all of them.