Hillary 2008 = Dean 2004

B

Bruzilla

I'm going to go on the record now and say that Hillary Clinton's candidacy is toast! My reasons for this prediction are the two latest stories that came out about Hillary. The first involved the story about how Obama had exceeded Hillary's totals for fundraising. Within two days of this story hitting the wires, Hillary's campaign announced some last minute millions that put her over Obama's amount. The second story involves the fact that Obama is leading Clinton in the polls in key states. Within days of this story, ABC News and the Washington Post release a poll that shows an unbelievable 33-point lead for Clinton.

These two stories are very significant because they show very clearly that Hillary's support is nothing but smoke and mirrors. Reports of campaigns getting beaten in fundraising never encourages people to whip out checkbooks and donate, in fact it creates the opposite effect. There's no way masses of voters heard this story, wrote checks, and sent them to the campaign... all in a matter of two days. That money had to come from those unscrupulous "bundled" doners. Also, that poll has Hillary ahead by more than 12 points over even the most optimistic polls coming from anyone else. To get those numbers they would have had to poll close to home, i.e., NYC and Washington D.C., so that poll is as bogus as the idea of thousands of supporters writing checks after hearing bad news about their candidate.

This was the exact same thing we saw with Howard Dean in 2004, when the media and Democrat elites made it appear that Dean was the favorite of the rank and file Democrats, and when the elections results came in Howard couldn't capture a single state. I can't wait to hear Hillary's "I Have a Scream" speech.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Obviously, SOMD.COM hopes you are both wrong. The Hillary in 2008? banner ad pops up at the bottom of this thread. They'd hate to lose that cherry.

Those are keyword-generated Google Ads - we don't place those.

Okay, so if not Shrillary - who? Who else is running for the Dems that has a snowball's chance?

B

Bruzilla

Those are keyword-generated Google Ads - we don't place those.

Okay, so if not Shrillary - who? Who else is running for the Dems that has a snowball's chance?

I think Obama is going to get the nod. I was thinking Edwards would be the guy, but after listening to both of them giving stump speeches Obama comes off as a very genuine guy and Edwards is what he is, which isn't presidential material. I disagree with most of what Obama says, but he's always very open during his speeches. He doesn't spend 30 minutes talking about how bad Bush and the Republicans are, he focuses on issues and what his solutions are, and that's why I'm sure he's going to clean Clinton's clock.

On an interesting subnote, there are a couple of stories in the NYTs about how Obama is drawing really big crowds wherever he goes. Anyone want to take odds that we're about to see a big, staged, rally for Hillary being written about in the Washington Post before the week is out?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Bruz...

I think Obama is going to get the nod.

...double or nothing? It's Hillary. I can't even see Barrack getting the #2 spot at this point.

Your analogy is off; Obama is this years Dean; the guy causing all the splash and excitement...before it actually starts counting.

Hillary is Kerry squared; no one liked him and he had no business being the nominee other than the calculations of Democrat voters. That's Hillary and she, at least, is seen as having a pair and actually can be thought of in the same sentence as 'world events' without eliciting chuckles.

Just my view.

B

Bruzilla

You're on Larry my man!

I disagree with you on Obama. Yes, he made a big splash at first, then his support started to wain as the Clinton machine kicked in and he flubbed up some comments. But now you're hearing more and more about a rising surge of support for Obama, that's growing slowly but steadilly. All of Dean's support came from the media and that doesn't translate to votes, and I'm seeing the same thing with Hillary. It's taken Obama months to make significant changes to his standing, where as Hillary's changes over the course of two days. The former of these changes represents real people who vote, and the later represents smoke & mirrors BS from the MSM.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

You're on Larry my man!

I disagree with you on Obama. Yes, he made a big splash at first, then his support started to wain as the Clinton machine kicked in and he flubbed up some comments. But now you're hearing more and more about a rising surge of support for Obama, that's growing slowly but steadilly. All of Dean's support came from the media and that doesn't translate to votes, and I'm seeing the same thing with Hillary. It's taken Obama months to make significant changes to his standing, where as Hillary's changes over the course of two days. The former of these changes represents real people who vote, and the later represents smoke & mirrors BS from the MSM.

...if nothing else we do see it 180 degrees out.

Obama, to me, doesn't even have Deans advantage of having actually governed. I look at races from the middle and I ain't seeing a middle that is going to be very comfortable with a guy who says 'um' every other word and says an awful lot of things he seems to have to go back and explain.

I think him beating Hillary would tear apart the Democrat power structure akin to what Humphrey and Carter did.

It will be interesting!

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria

Attachments

• Clinton-Obama-2008-Poster--31578.jpg
    Clinton-Obama-2008-Poster--31578.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 51