"Hmmm....our pagers keep exploding.....

TPD

the poor dad
When asked this morning about Tuesday's pager explosions, Secretary of State Antony Blinken said "the United States, did not know about, nor was it involved in, these incidents.

Yeah it's a good damn thing you didn't know about it because you would have f*cked it up royally. Our allies don't trust our current government leaders.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
This incident reminds me of this anecdote from a book I read decades ago.

Richard Marcinko also describes a December 1982 deployment of a dozen Team 6 operators to the Lebanese capital with a mission to analyze threats to the embassy and the Marines and recommend security improvements. In Marcinko’s version of the story, he told a senior embassy official that the embassy was vulnerable to a car bomb, but the diplomat dismissed the SEAL officer’s concerns and refused to take his advice, which was to station a “black box” device on the embassy roof that could detonate radio-triggered car bombs at a safe distance. The SEALs left Beirut the next day, about three months before the car bomb attack that destroyed the embassy, but not before they had tested their device by driving around Beirut until a house in a residential neighborhood “erupted” as they approached it. Marcinko implies the device he was holding caused the explosion.

• Sad
Reactions: BOP

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
IMG_1236.jpeg

blacklabman

I remember years ago reading an article that defective Viet Cong and NVA rifle and mortar ammo had been inserted into their supply line. When used it would blow up the equipment and kill the user.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I remember years ago reading an article that defective Viet Cong and NVA rifle and mortar ammo had been inserted into their supply line. When used it would blow up the equipment and kill the user.

Time Framed late 70's

family member was involved with a guy who had been involved in EOD at Indian Head and other sites in MD during the 50's and 60's

I guess he was trying to explain how tough the AK 47's were ... he was aware of a CIA program to sabotage NVA Ammo

Stocks of ammo were captured, shipped stateside, bullets were removed and the gun powder replaced with a higher explosive, everything was buttoned back up like factory new, shipped back to Nam and left where the ammo could be found .

There never were any reports of any exploding AK's ... the weapons kept firing, the shooters never noticed anything different

all these yrs later I have to wonder did the CIA do any testing 1st and the case volume on 7.62x39 is pretty day small

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just read a post on a solar forum, apparently solar panels were exploding in a subsequent attack.

Take out your coms, take out ability to produce power, leave a fear to turn on anything electronic.
I hope the US is taking detailed notes....