Hockey fans!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
It's actually kind of a shame. We have two really nice facilities in Waldorf with the Capital Clubhouse and Regency Furniture Stadium and they don't use them for much of anything.

What would you like to see at the Clubhouse. It's fairly busy with youth hockey, roller hockey and other youth sports like soccer, etc.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Ever been to a Blue Crabs game? I went to a few this year. They were great!

I've been a few times. Some of the games are good, but I'm not big on baseball.

In defense of the ballpark, they got screwed over royally by Kool Productions.

DipStick

What would you like to see at the Clubhouse. It's fairly busy with youth hockey, roller hockey and other youth sports like soccer, etc.

One of the original ideas was for it to be open 24 hours a day as a place for youths to be able to hang out. I'd like to see that happen. Other than roaming around the mall, there's not much for youths to do here and whenever there is something, you can bet it to Vegas some developer will tear it down and turn it in to another strip mall or housing complex.

The ballpark and Clubhouse are great ideas, but there's a lot of room for improvement.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
One of the original ideas was for it to be open 24 hours a day as a place for youths to be able to hang out. I'd like to see that happen. Other than roaming around the mall, there's not much for youths to do here and whenever there is something, you can bet it to Vegas some developer will tear it down and turn it in to another strip mall or housing complex.

Hang out? I never heard that. I always thought it was because they was no ice/roller hockey arena..at least that was the catalyst because the original Clubhouse was so small. They offer a ton of ACTIVITIES for the youth to be involved in. Much better than "hanging" out.

LordStanley

I know nothing

The ballpark and Clubhouse are great ideas, but there's a lot of room for improvement.

Sorry, but its not the business owners responsiblilty to be a baby sitter.

If the parents would acompany the kids, fine. Maybe stay open late.

But dont drop off your heathens and drive off to your Tastefully Simple party, while they trash the place and cause trouble.

DipStick

Hang out? I never heard that. I always thought it was because they was no ice/roller hockey arena..at least that was the catalyst because the original Clubhouse was so small. They offer a ton of ACTIVITIES for the youth to be involved in. Much better than "hanging" out.

Honestly, I think ItalianScallion has a great place in My Brother's Place (is this closed now:confused:). Unfortunately, nobody's going to make money setting up a place for youths to engage in activities or hang out... especially when parents would rather sit them in front of a Playstation or XBOX instead :smack:.

DipStick

Sorry, but its not the business owners responsiblilty to be a baby sitter.

If the parents would acompany the kids, fine. Maybe stay open late.

But dont drop off your heathens and drive off to your Tastefully Simple party, while they trash the place and cause trouble.

That's what the mall is for, LOL :sarcasm:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
was he coached at LeonardHall?

No, he started playing at the rink in Owings (Calvert) when he was young. Then he played with the Washington Roller Caps (travel) and played in the adult league at the rink in Calvert. He hasn't played seriously in about 4 years.

LordStanley

I know nothing
No, he started playing at the rink in Owings (Calvert) when he was young. Then he played with the Washington Roller Caps (travel) and played in the adult league at the rink in Calvert. He hasn't played seriously in about 4 years.

You mean Wheel a While?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
You mean Wheel a While?

Yeah, whatever it was called. That was more a rec league but the adult league was really chippy. :lol:

The Roller Caps played all over, they traveled. Played in TORHS tournaments, etc. The first year he played with them they played in the NHL Breakout, which was outside...in DC. They won their bracket and were able to play in Disney..which was a great time. They did really well there against teams from all over the U.S. and Canada. The rest of the tournaments over the years were all inside.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Yeah, whatever it was called. That was more a rec league but the adult league was really chippy. :lol:

The Roller Caps played all over, they traveled. Played in TORHS tournaments, etc. The first year he played with them they played in the NHL Breakout, which was outside...in DC. They won their bracket and were able to play in Disney..which was a great time. They did really well there against teams from all over the U.S. and Canada. The rest of the tournaments over the years were all inside.

We used to play up there too... That league sucked. Lousy Management. Crappy Rink. Still playing with a ball. To many fights. But it was still hockey :lol:

OldHillcrestGuy

Nice solid all around win last night by the Caps, defense, powerplay, penalty kill, goaltending, against one of the top 4 teams from last year in their building.
At least we will have one team to cheer for from the Washington area, which could even bring a championship to the city. :dye:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Nice solid all around win last night by the Caps, defense, powerplay, penalty kill, goaltending, against one of the top 4 teams from last year in their building.
At least we will have one team to cheer for from the Washington area, which could even bring a championship to the city. :dye:
You are going to base getting a Championship on ONE game?! Really??

OldHillcrestGuy

You are going to base getting a Championship on ONE game?! Really??

I said which "could" bring a championship, do you follow hockey? Capitals were one of the top 4 teams in the league last year and there shouldnt be any reason why they shouldnt be up there again this year and possibly even better.
They sure are a whole lot better then the Nationals, Redskins and Wizards.