HOLD THAT Pose!!

goldnhorse

AKA~mygoldnhorse
happyappygirl said:
colors? breeding? broke to ride? pix?
Ohhhhhhhhhhh Noooooooo. I can feel your excitement. :jameo: And did you see a Rockaloosa???? Good thing your mares are bred,.... Ole Leroy might be jump'n the fence. :lmao:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Rockaloosa, she was a surprise!

goldnhorse said:
Ohhhhhhhhhhh Noooooooo. I can feel your excitement. :jameo: And did you see a Rockaloosa???? Good thing your mares are bred,.... Ole Leroy might be jump'n the fence. :lmao:

But a nice surprise...

Attachments

• LaceeTN1.jpg
    LaceeTN1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 68
  • LaceeTN2.jpg
    LaceeTN2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 68
  • LaceeTN3.jpg
    LaceeTN3.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 61

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
OMG! Is the Rock-A-Loosa GAITED???
I'm updating my website, and will send it along in the next few days. I have a 16.1h Appy/trakehener stallion (to die for) and currently both my mares are bred to RMH/KMSHA CDs Gambler.
My Roan isn't super roaned out. WOW i can't wait to see your roan baby!! I was just telling someone how much i like the blue roans. AWESOME!!

yes send the info on the black mare. how big is she? i want something 15h or LESS. My girls are SOO BIG and i'm SOO NOT.

SouthernMdRocks

Yes, she is gaited!!

happyappygirl said:
OMG! Is the Rock-A-Loosa GAITED???
I'm updating my website, and will send it along in the next few days. I have a 16.1h Appy/trakehener stallion (to die for) and currently both my mares are bred to RMH/KMSHA CDs Gambler.
My Roan isn't super roaned out. WOW i can't wait to see your roan baby!! I was just telling someone how much i like the blue roans. AWESOME!!

yes send the info on the black mare. how big is she? i want something 15h or LESS. My girls are SOO BIG and i'm SOO NOT.

Her father comes from a gaited appy in PA at NewPromise Farms. Send me your website when you get it finished. I have one but I haven't got it up and running yet. I need to learn how!

I love apps. How big is your stallion? I have a Blue Roan Leopard mare out of WapSpotted. I've been thinking about breeding her soon. I am hoping to get a Blue Roan from my black mare but as always, I'll be happy with just healthy. I will get the info on the black mare for you. One thing about her is she has lots of chrome, not always a good thing with the Rocky's when breeding, but she is really pretty and has been in the show ring. I'll get a pic of her and post it.

SouthernMdRocks

I like your girls, you say they are 15+? That works well, I have recently had many inquires on taller mares. My mares I have now are under 15 except for a sorrel I have in WV, she will most likely make the 15+ mark.

SouthernMdRocks

Black Mare

SouthernMdRocks said:
Her father comes from a gaited appy in PA at NewPromise Farms. Send me your website when you get it finished. I have one but I haven't got it up and running yet. I need to learn how!

I love apps. How big is your stallion? I have a Blue Roan Leopard mare out of WapSpotted. I've been thinking about breeding her soon. I am hoping to get a Blue Roan from my black mare but as always, I'll be happy with just healthy. I will get the info on the black mare for you. One thing about her is she has lots of chrome, not always a good thing with the Rocky's when breeding, but she is really pretty and has been in the show ring. I'll get a pic of her and post it.

Black Mare here is Chocolatte's Teona, 14.3 out of Rocky Top and Hope Spring's Pepper (Rea Swan mare). She has had plenty of show ring time but has been trail ridden for the past couple of years. Her training was done by JoEllen Yarber in VA. I do know of one other black mare also, good bloodlines too but older, I think around 14 yo and under 15 hands.

Attachments

• Chocolatte's Teona.JPG
    Chocolatte's Teona.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 70

SouthernMdRocks

No breed registry at this time.

goldnhorse said:
:howdy: She is beautiful. I had never heard of a Rockaloosa before. Is this already a breed registry or is it up and coming?

Glad you like her, she was a nice surprise for us. There is no breed registry at this time and I'm not sure if someone over time will start one. I've heard a few people talk about the possibility. After seeing her picture, a lady from Florida
called about maybe breeding her appy to a Rocky stallion named Doublecreek's Cheyenne. I hoped I could register her with the KY Spotted Horse registry but they don't include appy markings in their registry. I guess right now she can be registered with the Tiger Horse Assoc. and Walkaloosa??

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
SouthernMdRocks said:
I guess right now she can be registered with the Tiger Horse Assoc. and Walkaloosa??
the walkaloosa registry is walker and appy. not rocky/appy. i think tiger horse is a closed registry, and they want it to remain that way.

can you pm me price on the black mare you posted and info on the second? I like chrome for the most part.

My appy stallion is 16.1h, and a SUPER horse to be around. All around a nice boy, always field bred. His roan really shows without his winter coat. when he has a winter coat you really can't tell he's roan. he's much darker. I have two high color appy mares one is in foal to my guy.

yes my two Rocky mares are both well over 15h (really too large for me). I might consider selling the younger one (3 y/o), if i find a black i like well enough. Or...not :lol:

Last edited:

SouthernMdRocks

Info on 2nd black mare.

happyappygirl said:
the walkaloosa registry is walker and appy. not rocky/appy. i think tiger horse is a closed registry, and they want it to remain that way.

can you pm me price on the black mare you posted and info on the second? I like chrome for the most part.

My appy stallion is 16.1h, and a SUPER horse to be around. All around a nice boy, always field bred. His roan really shows without his winter coat. when he has a winter coat you really can't tell he's roan. he's much darker. I have two high color appy mares one is in foal to my guy.

yes my two Rocky mares are both well over 15h (really too large for me). I might consider selling the younger one (3 y/o), if i find a black i like well enough. Or...not :lol:

"Cassie" Slatesview Coalseam, out of foundation sire Choco and dam is Slatesview Diamond. 14 yo registered/cert. RMHA and KMSHA, trail ridden extensively. She is 15 hands though.

Attachments

• CassieTN1.JPG
    CassieTN1.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 59
  • CassieTN2.JPG
    CassieTN2.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 69