Holiday work potluck ideas

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

A Christmas Story.

cbe05b3db1b6b0c348590d0e94a93119--christmas-snacks-christmas-humor.jpg maxresdefault.jpg

You get me. :smoochy:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Print

Sweet Potato Jalapeño Mash

Baked sweet potatoes are blended with butter, cream, smoky, charred jalapeños and a touch of maple syrup.

Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes

Ingredients:

4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed

1 large jalapeño pepper

3 tablespoons (salted) butter

1 tablespoon pure maple syrup

1/2 cup heavy cream

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, and bake the sweet potatoes until they can be easily pierced by a knife. Let them cool slightly so they're safe to handle and peel the skins off and discard.

While the sweet potatoes bake. Char the jalapeño on the grill or open flame of a gas stove until blistered and charred. Pop the pepper into a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap for 10 or so minutes. Peel the skin off of the jalapeño, remove the ribs and seeds and dice small.

In a large bowl add in the peeled sweet potatoes and mash. Add in the three tablespoons of butter, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and the 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt. Mash until desired texture is achieved. Add in the cream and using a rubber spatula, slowly blend until incorporated. Add in the diced jalapeño, stir.

Add to a saucepan to heat until piping hot and serve.

Thanks! Looks delicious, very easy, and doable for a potluck. :yay:

You don't have a crock pot. Could you borrow one? I'm sure there are lots of folks who would lend one. You could have mine but I won't be home until next week.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
You don't have a crock pot. Could you borrow one? I'm sure there are lots of folks who would lend one. You could have mine but I won't be home until next week.

Potluck isn't until next week but I have enough ideas I don't need the crockpot. I gave the one I had to some folks who needed it more than I. :shrug: After reading the InstantPot thread, that may be my next purchase. :lol:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
When I was working, I always took in my traditional Christmas enchiladas. every year, everybody would ask me if I would make it. I'd make two batches the night before - one with green enchilada sauce, the other with red. Heated them up in the morning before leaving the house, put them on the break room table with all the other goodies, and they would be gone in the first fifteen minutes. We started at about 0900, so that was always a good way to start the day off with a satisfied tummy. umm, umm....I do miss that day of the year, but being re-tarred for the past eight years makes up for it.

lovinmaryland

Potluck isn't until next week but I have enough ideas I don't need the crockpot. I gave the one I had to some folks who needed it more than I. :shrug: After reading the InstantPot thread, that may be my next purchase. :lol:

I made my tomato crostini and I thought of you last weekend...I do an appetizer spread when we decorate the tree (we nibble & sip champagne while we decorate)

Attachments

• IMG_2718.jpg
    IMG_2718.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2719.jpg
    IMG_2719.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2720.jpg
    IMG_2720.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2723.jpg
    IMG_2723.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 93

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I made my tomato crostini and I thought of you last weekend...I do an appetizer spread when we decorate the tree (we nibble & sip champagne while we decorate)

Oh man, I want to come to your house next year. :drool: That spread literally contains all my favorite foods.