Holster for a PT-911 Taurus?

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Last year I bought a leather holster for my 9mm pistol and ole Fred (Fred's Sports shop in Waldorf) misled me. He said it would stretch but I still can't get it out easy because it catches on the front sight.
I'm looking for a right hand draw, belt loop, polymer one for this gun and you'd think I was looking for an honest President, as hard as it is to find.
I don't want to pay a fortune for one but I don't mind paying a fair price if it releases properly. I don't need a thumb release on it but I think the polymer's have a trigger catch??
Any local dealers or internet sites? I haven't been to the tackle box down your way yet. What are they like?
Thanks again folks!

Bonehead

Don't waste your time going to the Tackle Box. Worthless and overpriced. Uncle Mikes stuff is very good quality.

Bigpops92

Also to add...ComP-Tac has awesome customer service (that's all we use) If you have Military or LE credentials they give a great discount. My last order had a 10 day turn- around.

Last edited:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Also to add...ComP-Tac has awesome customer service (that's all we use) If you have Military or LE credentials they give a great discount. My last order had a 10 day turn- around.

Comp-Tac is a great company, the M-Tac is a great iwb holster.

I hear raven concealment make some good iwb's as well, but never tried them

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Well friends, only one place had what I need (I hope). I'll see when it arrives next week.
Larry, the 2 links you gave me didn't carry a holster for my gun. You see? I told you it was like finding an honest President but thanks anyway.
Ok on the Tackle Box Bonehead.:yay:
Bigpops92, Midland didn't carry one for my gun either but thank you too.
AK-74me I visited the Comp-Tac site you gave me and I couldn't find a holster for my gun so I called them and they said their paddle holster will fit it. It was $57.50 so I ordered it. The guy seemed very knowledgeable about it when I asked him about the front site clearance problem.
:buddies:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Comp - Tac people are great. You will be very happy with their product.

Agreed, I was skeptical of the comfort seeing the picture of my m-tac on line but I kept reading great reviews and sure enough it is just as good as everyone said.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
UPDATE:
Well I ordered a Polymer holster from Comp Tac and, after clearly explaining what the problem was (the front sight catches on the way out), he told me which one to order.
I get the holster in the mail Saturday and guess what...??? Yep; the gun didn't fit. This time it was the laser rail at the bottom that wouldn't let the gun go into it. So I sent it back today and now I wait to hear from them. The gun is now $5 more expensive than it was when I bought it because of the shipping I had to pay but I made it a point to let them know I wasn't happy about their mistake. They're supposed to know this stuff.
IS THE WHOLE WORLD INCOMPETENT OR DO I JUST SEEM TO ATTRACT THE ONES THAT ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cds:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
UPDATE:
Well I ordered a Polymer holster from Comp Tac and, after clearly explaining what the problem was (the front sight catches on the way out), he told me which one to order.
I get the holster in the mail Saturday and guess what...??? Yep; the gun didn't fit. This time it was the laser rail at the bottom that wouldn't let the gun go into it. So I sent it back today and now I wait to hear from them. The gun is now $5 more expensive than it was when I bought it because of the shipping I had to pay but I made it a point to let them know I wasn't happy about their mistake. They're supposed to know this stuff.
IS THE WHOLE WORLD INCOMPETENT OR DO I JUST SEEM TO ATTRACT THE ONES THAT ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cds:

Man I am sorry to hear about this. What did comp-tac say when you told them they sent a holster that won't work? I'd of thought they'd of handle it at "no cost" to you. What is the deal with this gun and trying to find a holster for it? Have you searched any gun forums to see what others are using for it?

Bigpops92

Hmmm, I am very surprised. I know it sucks but before you get to upset ,give Comp-tac a chance to fix the situation.
They really are a great company. It would not surprise me if they rush you a new one and pick up the cost of your shipping.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Man I am sorry to hear about this. What did comp-tac say when you told them they sent a holster that won't work? I'd of thought they'd of handle it at "no cost" to you. What is the deal with this gun and trying to find a holster for it? Have you searched any gun forums to see what others are using for it?
Thanks AK but I'm not upset with any of you guys. I have been looking for a holster for about a year now (off & on) and the reason it's been a year, is that I can never find one that fits it so I give up looking for a while.
I explained to the guy about the front sight catching and I made it clear that the gun is NOT a PT-1911, it's a PT-911. He said it would fit.
Hmmm, I am very surprised. I know it sucks but before you get to upset ,give Comp-tac a chance to fix the situation.
They really are a great company. It would not surprise me if they rush you a new one and pick up the cost of your shipping.
Oh I am giving them a chance. They sent me an email and said let us look into it. I just hate the delay because this holster hurts my hip and the front sight catches on it. There is a bottom rail (for a laser light) that won't go into the polymer holster even with the screws all the way out.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
The continuing saga of the gun and the holster.
I returned the holster to Comp Tac and they couldn't find one to fit it so I got my money back.
I went to the Police supply store in Waldorf and THEY couldn't find a holster for it.:shrug:
I think I'm just going to get a Glock. I might sell the PT 911 because I've NEVER fired it so I have no need to keep it. It still looks new!!
If anyone's interested in it, PM me. Thanks for all your help folks. :yay:

Bigpops92

Sorry to hear that. I am surprised Comp-Tac was unable to help. Have you tried Blade Tek? (or Tech)

Nothing wrong with getting another gun!! Just keep the Tuarus as a house gun??

As much as I tease my wife over her Glock...it just runs. Only problem she has ever had was a few weeks ago during a USPSA event. It went full auto! To say she was surprised is an understatement. We just thought her "double tap" was improving. Ending up being the spring in the safety plunger. A 5 second fix.

M&P's and XD's rock too. If your interested let me know. There are some good deals out there such as Bobs Guns. Just find an FFL and they will ship. (I can help if needed)

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
The continuing saga of the gun and the holster.
I returned the holster to Comp Tac and they couldn't find one to fit it so I got my money back.
I went to the Police supply store in Waldorf and THEY couldn't find a holster for it.:shrug:
I think I'm just going to get a Glock. I might sell the PT 911 because I've NEVER fired it so I have no need to keep it. It still looks new!!
If anyone's interested in it, PM me. Thanks for all your help folks. :yay:

Don't know what you do for a living but glock in Baltimore offers some nice discounts on Glocks if you meet certain criteria.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Sorry to hear that. I am surprised Comp-Tac was unable to help. Have you tried Blade Tek? (or Tech)

M&P's and XD's rock too. If your interested let me know. There are some good deals out there such as Bobs Guns. Just find an FFL and they will ship. (I can help if needed)
Haven't tried blade tech yet but I'll probably sell the Taurus if I get a Glock.
I'm not a gun expert so what are M&P's and XD's? Where's a good place to buy a Glock since I live in Waldorf?
Don't know what you do for a living but glock in Baltimore offers some nice discounts on Glocks if you meet certain criteria.
I'm retired. Where's a good place to buy a Glock? I bought 2 guns from Fred's Sports shop in Waldorf without any problems but I hear he's a bit high??? I'm looking also to sell my Taurus PT911. What's the best way/place to do this?