Holster for a PT-911 Taurus?

Bigpops92

M&P's (military and police) are Smith & Wessons version of the Glock (plastic gun). XD's are Springfields.

There are some good online sales companies out there, such as Bobs guns. You can save money that way. They ship to your FFL. Most FFL dealers charge approx $40 to process everything for you. I use a very good FFL. If your interested let me know and I can PM you the info.

Also, we own Glocks, STI's, XD's etc. If you would prefer to shoot a few before you buy I could help you there also. Just let me know. I could also arrange for a few M&P's (long slide and short) You never really know a gun until you shoot it.

Bigpops92

Also to jump on Ak's thread....Gun Broker.com is HOT right now. Thank Obama for that!
Good place to sell your gun. All of the info you need is on that site. If not just ask...I am sure AK and I could set you straight.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I'm interested in a 9mm. I had my eye on the Glock 19 or 26. The 19 is close in size to the one I'm used to but the 26 is too small for my hand and is very difficult to practice with because of it's short handle.
A Policeman friend of mine let me hold his Glock 26 and my 3rd finger barely caught the bottom of the hand grip and my pinky finger was totally off.
I really want the smaller one (26) so I can carry it comfortably.
Where is your FFL? Hopefully close to So Md?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I'm interested in a 9mm. I had my eye on the Glock 19 or 26. The 19 is close in size to the one I'm used to but the 26 is too small for my hand and is very difficult to practice with because of it's short handle.
A Policeman friend of mine let me hold his Glock 26 and my 3rd finger barely caught the bottom of the hand grip and my pinky finger was totally off.
I really want the smaller one (26) so I can carry it comfortably.
Where is your FFL? Hopefully close to So Md?

I have the 19 and love it, it is just the right size to conceal and be comfortable, yet still feel like a true combat handgun. I got mine at that link I provided to the cop shop in Baltimore because they are a Glock LE dealer and I qualify for the discount.

To buy online I'd look at budsguns.com or summitgunbroker.com, as far as selling, I'd try to do it locally first and then use gunbroker.com, I have really come to despise them these days.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I have the 19 and love it, it is just the right size to conceal and be comfortable, yet still feel like a true combat handgun. I got mine at that link I provided to the cop shop in Baltimore because they are a Glock LE dealer and I qualify for the discount.

To buy online I'd look at budsguns.com or summitgunbroker.com, as far as selling, I'd try to do it locally first and then use gunbroker.com, I have really come to despise them these days.
I wouldn't qualify for the cop shop discount I'm sure.
I'll ask some friends first about selling my Taurus and hope for word a of mouth sale. Gunbrokers have too many guns for sale on their sites. You know, supply & demand....probably won't sell too fast there.
I guess I could go for the 19 since the barrel is only a 1/2 inch longer that the 26. Now, if I have any trouble getting a holster for it, I'm gonna flip out!:lmao: Where did you get your holster for the 19? I'm looking for a polymer one this time; I'm done with leather ones. They just don't release quick enough.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I wouldn't qualify for the cop shop discount I'm sure.
I'll ask some friends first about selling my Taurus and hope for word a of mouth sale. Gunbrokers have too many guns for sale on their sites. You know, supply & demand....probably won't sell too fast there.
I guess I could go for the 19 since the barrel is only a 1/2 inch longer that the 26. Now, if I have any trouble getting a holster for it, I'm gonna flip out!:lmao: Where did you get your holster for the 19? I'm looking for a polymer one this time; I'm done with leather ones. They just don't release quick enough.

NO you won't have any problem finding a holster for the 19, it is the biggest selling 9mm in the last 20 years or so. I have the M-Tac from Comp-Tac as it is my personal carry pistol and I carry it IWB. You'll find any and all accessories for glock are really easy to find online. There is even a huge forum called glocktalk.com for info. on everything glock.

dustin

UAIOE
ItalianScallion

You can get an extended mag for the Glock 26. My friend has the 27 with the extended mag and I can fit all four fingers on it. he carries it with the standard short mag in the summer and extended mag when he wears a jacket

selling a handgun in state is easier than over state lines. over state lines you pretty much HAVE to use a FFL

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
ItalianScallion

You can get an extended mag for the Glock 26. My friend has the 27 with the extended mag and I can fit all four fingers on it. he carries it with the standard short mag in the summer and extended mag when he wears a jacket

selling a handgun in state is easier than over state lines. over state lines you pretty much HAVE to use a FFL

This is true, which is why you should just get the 19 anyway. The grip is the part that is tough to conceal, not the length of the barrel neccesarily. If you are going to make the grip longer, which is essentially what you are doing here, then you might as well have the longer site radius of the 19 too. Plus those mags with the grip extension are more money.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I use a very good FFL. If your interested let me know and I can PM you the info.
You never really know a gun until you shoot it.
PM me the info if you would.
I don't really need to shoot it before I buy it but I've held them before and they feel very comfortable in my hand. Thanks.
NO you won't have any problem finding a holster for the 19, it is the biggest selling 9mm in the last 20 years or so. I have the M-Tac from Comp-Tac as it is my personal carry pistol and I carry it IWB.
:yay: Thanks for the info. I'm going to buy the 19 next week. I hope I can use a local store (FFL) because I don't want to drive to Baltimore for one.
Is it cheaper to buy one from an online dealer then have it shipped it to a local store down here or cheaper to just buy it directly from a local store?

Thanks to you too Dustin for the info.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
PM me the info if you would.
I don't really need to shoot it before I buy it but I've held them before and they feel very comfortable in my hand. Thanks.

:yay: Thanks for the info. I'm going to buy the 19 next week. I hope I can use a local store (FFL) because I don't want to drive to Baltimore for one.
Is it cheaper to buy one from an online dealer then have it shipped it to a local store down here or cheaper to just buy it directly from a local store?

Thanks to you too Dustin for the info.

Depends on what kind of deal you find online. The cheapest transfer you'll find around here is ~$50, so if that + the cost of the gun is cheaper than the tackle box or where ever you go then yes.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Thanks my princess but they didn't have one either.
Final update:
This screwy search has a VERY happy ending.
I went to the Tackle Box today and their price for the Glock 19 was $620.:yikes: I was going to wait one day to check one other place before I bought it but then something happened at the Tackle Box that set me off!
I was talking to one of the clerks about the gun and some old, attitude strickened 4'12" guy who worked there made "cutting gestures" with his hands and told my salesman: "enough talk; we need help up front!"
So the salesman quickly finished with me and we walked up front. As I was walking towards the door, the 4'12" weeble looked at me and I said Hi and he said nothing. Not a good way to keep me as a customer!!!
They needed help up front because some guy brought in a big fish and there were 10 people looking at it.:bigwhoop:
That cemented it for me and the Tackle Box.
The good news, I went to Fred's in Waldorf just to check their price and a friend of mine now works there. He had the gun I wanted, and it was $20 cheaper. I told him that my Taurus was for sale and he wants to buy it. I also found a holster that I really like for the new Glock.:yahoo:
Good news for me & Fred's but for the Tackle Box weeble...:loser:

Bigpops92

Final update:
I went to the Tackle Box today and their price for the Glock 19 was $620.:yikes: I was going to wait one day to check one other place before I bought it but then something happened at the Tackle Box that set me off!
I was talking to one of the clerks about the gun and some old, attitude strickened 4'12" guy who worked there made "cutting gestures" with his hands and told my salesman: "enough talk; we need help up front!"
So the salesman quickly finished with me and we walked up front. As I was walking towards the door, the 4'12" weeble looked at me and I said Hi and he said nothing. Not a good way to keep me as a customer!!!
They needed help up front because some guy brought in a big fish and there were 10 people looking at it.:bigwhoop:
The good news, I went to Fred's in Waldorf just to check their price and a friend of mine now works there. He had the gun I wanted, and it was $20 cheaper. I told him that my Taurus was for sale and he wants to buy it. I also found a holster that I really like for the new Glock.:yahoo:

I am not into bashing stores on a public forum....BUT lets just say you stand a better chance of winning the lottery than seeing me step foot into the Tackle Box.

Glad to hear your satisfied. Now good luck in getting some good ammo at a reasonable price! :buddies:

Papi4baby

Final update:

Congrats. And yeah, i know what you mean about the TB. At least is not as bad as D's.