St. Mary's Co. Holy Malfunction Junction, Batman! Why is there a Roundabout in Charlotte Hall?

3CATSAILOR

Why is there even a roundabout in Charlotte Hall being built for? It's at the WaWa's/Food Lion/Walgreen's intersection on Mt. Wolf Road. It's too narrow for the commute to get through and it's just going to complicate more and more things when it's finished in late September.
I was just there the other day. It looks like something in the way rather than some positive progress.

Tech

Speaking of roundabouts, why does the under construction one on Buck Hewitt have stop signs and why does the loaded school bus ignores them?

Tech

Likely because of the rough, unfinished nature of the road re-do.

Bad driver, too much in a hurry.
It currently looks like a circle, the hub is complete and you go around it. Don't train people on buck Hewitt to believe the have right of way. When the FDR segment between First Colony and Chancellor, people were turning into on coming traffic at First Colony like they have been doing for years without yielding.

PeoplesElbow

It currently looks like a circle, the hub is complete and you go around it. Don't train people on buck Hewitt to believe the have right of way. When the FDR segment between First Colony and Chancellor, people were turning into on coming traffic at First Colony like they have been doing for years without yielding.
Always made me laugh when I see an over turned car on a straight flat road with a 35 mph speed limit.