Home Air Purification

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I deal in Fresh Air purifiers for Ecoquest International. NASA certified, no air has to pass thru the unit it pulses out air purification by ionization. They come in all sizes ,the Fresh Air unit does 3000 sq.ft. call me at 301 884-0535.
or visit www.activepure.com/ngravino.

Interesting read found on the intraweb..

Not long ago my good buddy 'Joe' purchased one of these ozone generators from an EcoQuest distributor. He was also interested in possibly becoming a distributor himself so he called me up with his pitch and I told him to bring the machine over for a demo.

This is one of the expensive models with a remote control and such that sells for around $700. Well, we placed it in my game room where I smoke and let it run for a couple of hours. When we went back into the gameroom I fired up a cigarette and watched the action. Sure enough the EcoQuest cleared the smoke out of the air along with other odors in the room. However, it left a very strange smell that I recognized but could not quite place at the time. I told my buddy that the smell was making me nauseated and was giving me a headache. Soon after, he gathered his machine up and went home. For the rest of the night and even the next morning I would go into the game room and I would start to feel crappy again. The strange smell also lingered. I finally turned on an exhaust fan I have in this room and cleared the strange smell out along with my headache and sour stomach.

I talked to my buddy a few days later and he too was complaining of a headache and sour stomach.
(No, he doesn't smoke)

Several days later it finally dawned on me what the smell was. Ozone!!! I've worked in the past around high voltage equipment and when you turn the equipment on you sometimes get a rush of ozone.

This got me curious so I stared looking in to this product not knowing at the time that the method that this machine uses is Ozone generation, but with a small amount of reading I found out indeed that this is how it works.

I could not believe it!! People are actually stupid enough to put an ozone generator in their house???!!! So I kept researching and what I found was disgusting.

GENERATING OZONE IN YOUR HOME IS NOT SAFE!!!

EcoQuest states that ozone is safe because it's a naturally occurring substance in the enviornment produced by lightning and waterfalls. BALONEY!!
Carbon monoxide is a naturally occurring substance in the enviornment too, but unless you're Dr.Kavorkian you certainly don't want a machine producing it in your home!!

There is also claims of 'good' ozone and 'bad' ozone and that the machine produces 'good' ozone.
BALONEY!! There is 'good' and 'bad' ozone but it has to do with altitude not generation method. 'Good' ozone is the ozone that exist at a high altitude (ozone layer) that protect us from UV rays, 'bad' ozone is ozone that is found at altitudes were people exist and contributes to air pollution!!

Think I'm full of it, see for yourself:

Shall we start with the EPA?
Ozone Generators that are Sold as Air Cleaners | Publications | Indoor Air | Air | US EPA

How about the American Lung Association??
Chapter 4: Factors to Consider Before Using/Buying an Air Cleaner - American Lung Association site

How about Alaska Health??
Ozone Generators

How about the state of California??
State of California-Health and Welfare Agency
STATE ISSUES WARNING ABOUT OZONE AIR CLEANING DEVICES

How about the country of Canada??
Health Canada - Home Page

Not only that, but many of these claims that these companies make are worthless. Still don't believe me?? Alpine was the name of this company before EcoQuest bought them out. The FDA filed suit against Alpine to stop making these false claims and won.
Alpine Industries Ordered to Stop Unsubstantiated Claims

To top that off, the people that are most adversly affected by ozone are one of the groups targeted by this company for sales, people with breathing problems.

I'm sorry, but these machine are not safe and will probably soon be banned in this country.

If you have one of these machine and have been getting headaches, shortness of breath, nausea and so forth try turning it off for a couple of days and I bet your symptoms will disappear.

As far as the MLM aspect of this company I read a few thing above that really bothered me too.

First, Toby above said that the restocking fee is to take used units, clean and upgrade them, repackage them etc. So.....EcoQuest is selling used machines, cleaned up and repackaged, as new???

Next, someone mentioned EcoQuest can't be responsible for an uplink giving false info to a distributor. Huh??? The company is 100% responsible if an uplink lies to distributor or anyone else about their product. The uplink is representing the product with the companys blessing, this makes the company responsible. See the link above concerning the FDA law suit.

Next, Toby I belive it was, said he sells this product in Canada. Canada has pulled the certification for the product and had warned the population not to use them. See the link above about Canada.

And please, please, please do not send me a link to an EcoQuest website that tries to debunk all the info in the links above. Any study put out by any company is for the benefit of the company. They are not going to tell the truth. If you want to prove me wrong send me a link to a independent testing agency (like I did) that says these things are safe and effective. Bet you can't find one.

Please people, before you buy into this product please use your brain. YOU the distributor may be the one that gets sued for making these false and dangerous claims. Think about your family and pets first before you chase the almighty MLM dollar.

Maybe the companys insurance against laysuits is why these machines are so expensive. Do you, the distributor, also have legal insurance??? You will probably need it in the future.

More of the GOOD Ozone..

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
Wow

Thanks Bob for that info! I'd read the same stuff but everyone seemed to act so passive about it that I actually believed in was minor and rare.

I guess my answer is a filter system on my heat-pumps.

I really need something with the amount of animals, dust, pollen etc and we all have allergies or sensitivities to various things. (please no-one tell me to get rid of the animals).

Bob and boyGenius thank you for your help!
:buddies:

J

joewag

Air purifiers

Hi guys,
I found that the air purifiers from air oasis are reallly good for whole house applications the ones that hook up to your a/c or furnace duct does from 3000 sqft to 8000 sqft check them out Purifiers

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy the 1" pleated air filters for your return air ducts, then set your air handler fan to "on" instead of "auto" (this is on your thermostat). This will help alot for your allergies with pet dander and pollen in the Spring. Just change the filters more often than you were.

SugarBear47

ozone purifier

open the windows..:shrug:

That's exactly right....open the windows. My experience with ozone purifiers has been harmful to our health - headaches, lung problems, skin problems, eye and nasal irritations. Not to mention after awhile your whole house starts to smell like 'onions'. Yuck! Plus all they do is MASK odors. Does not 'filter' the air at all...just adds more pollutants.

solidsison

You all really need to visit Spray Foam Insulation and Roofing - Contractors, Suppliers, Equipment and Information - SprayFoam.com so you can learn that no matter how good a filter is or how many times you change it it's not going to fix the problem, which is (going by what most of you have described) "infiltration." Your house is your problem! How it is designed and how it was built. Please read up at that site and if you have any questions let me know because my whole house has been foamed and I never have any of these problems.

PantherWoman

open your windows, it's also effective at improving your indoor air quality. I'd be more worried about the offgassing of chemicals from new construction materials than dust, pollen and danger...