Home for sweet mare needed.

Tazgirl

Roxie is a 12 year old 14 hand blue eyed 1/2 Appy Mare. I purchased her from Holly Point last year, she was one of their program horses. Roxie needs a home where she will be used for light riding, she can not do the trail rides that I participate in as she is heavy. She would make a great lesson horse or companion horse. UTD on all shots and coggins, has great feet no shoes...
My husband won't let me get another horse until I find a great home for Roxie. I am attached to her and am having a hard time letting her go but if I want to ride the trails this season I need to let go. If anyone is interested please let me know.

TAZ

Tazgirl

Last ride I took her on was SMTR at the farm down by Greenwell, we had to quit half way through she couldn't do it....I have only ridden her a few times since as long as there are not a lot of hills and ups and downs she's okay...

TAZ

ShamrockArabs

Tazgirl said:
Last ride I took her on was SMTR at the farm down by Greenwell, we had to quit half way through she couldn't do it....I have only ridden her a few times since as long as there are not a lot of hills and ups and downs she's okay...

TAZ

Taz............................ :bawl:
I really think if you start riding her like you were riding her last year you can work her back up to the point she was at last year. I just keep thinking about when we went around St. Mary's Lake...Roxie did GREAT!!! Roxie is such a sweet heart..I'm really going to miss seeing her around the farm.... :bawl: I still think she's the perfect horse for you......

You knew I would put my 2 cents in.......... :whistle:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Tazgirl said:

TAZ

Seems funny that they used her as a lesson horse at Hollypoint if she was that heevy...and would sell her as a sound trail horse.. odd..

Tazgirl

ShamrockArabs said:
Taz............................ :bawl:
I really think if you start riding her like you were riding her last year you can work her back up to the point she was at last year. I just keep thinking about when we went around St. Mary's Lake...Roxie did GREAT!!! Roxie is such a sweet heart..I'm really going to miss seeing her around the farm.... :bawl: I still think she's the perfect horse for you......

You knew I would put my 2 cents in.......... :whistle:

Your two cents is always welcome....call me----

BTW, you are riding Luke on March 17th at the gaited clinic :razz:

DQ2B

Is there some reason you can't get the weight off her? Seems like she's a nice horse and if trail riding is what you want to do and she's good at it then why get rid of her?

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
DQ2B said:
Is there some reason you can't get the weight off her? Seems like she's a nice horse and if trail riding is what you want to do and she's good at it then why get rid of her?

Taz meant "heavy" as in having heaves or asthma. Not heavy as in too plump! :coffee:

K

Katie

I asked Julie if she needed another lesson horse but right now she doesn't.

Tazgirl

Pasofever said:
Seems funny that they used her as a lesson horse at Hollypoint if she was that heevy...and would sell her as a sound trail horse.. odd..

Long story on that one check you PM..... NEVER BUY A HORSE WITHOUT A VET CHECK I learned that hard way..... :buttkick:

Tazgirl

DQ2B said:

Sorry my spelling stinks :buttkick: , it's "heevy" as in asthma type symptons.....

TAZZ

fredsaid2

Did you see the classified, looking for a pasture pony, someone in Dameron? Sounds like yours might fit the bill.

Tazgirl

Yes, I checked with them but they had already found a pony they wanted. It would have been the perfect life for Roxie... Thanks

TAZ

DQ2B

Tazgirl said:
Sorry my spelling stinks :buttkick: , it's "heevy" as in asthma type symptons.....

TAZZ

Ahhh, now it makes sense! My older boy has a mild case too. Luckily I've been able to manage it and keep him going.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Tazgirl said:
Long story on that one check you PM..... NEVER BUY A HORSE WITHOUT A VET CHECK I learned that hard way..... :buttkick:

I have never had a pre purchase exam done on any horse I have bought...go by my gut... :lmao:

Hollypoint would not back up the sale I assume...too bad..

bhoffman

hey

like someone mentioned, i would try kamp akomplish ive been volunteering there and she would work out there as long as she has a good temperment and everything. they mainly do walk classes and some walk-trot nothing fancy but it sounds like she would fit in nicely there. its tax deductible too.

DQ2B

Oh, hey, to the red Karma giver, who pi$$ed in your wheaties? Man, you have a major chip on your shoulder. I'd hate to be as miserable as you.

Tazgirl

Pasofever said:
I have never had a pre purchase exam done on any horse I have bought...go by my gut... :lmao:

Hollypoint would not back up the sale I assume...too bad..

Nope the owner told me my vet did not know what they were talking about and informed me that I signed the vet check waiver and he was not legally responsible.....